What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW going forward

MilkShark

First Grade
Sharks fans and Roosters fans arguing over who was more shit.... At least it seems the Roosters fans can actually admit most of their players were shit last night.
If you go back to game 2 thread you will see me soley blame Graham for that loss.

Fifita was shit last night, Maloney was average, Bird did nothing, Graham was ok, Holmes to state the obvious played awesome.

Shorty

Staff member
Sharks fans and Roosters fans arguing over who was more shit.... At least it seems the Roosters fans can actually admit most of their players were shit last night.
Right? Especially when their dopey players are ill disciplined and don't actually learn from their mistakes in game 2.
How many of NSW's penalties were from Sharks players?

Cordner was clearly injured and is about 10x more likable than scumbag Gallen.

I'd bet that even if he couldn't admit it, Gallen would be thinking that they'd win, or have a much better chance of winning, if he were still playing

Spot On

Coach
A "Rest Of Australia" team would get belted by both NSW and QLD.

Who gives a shit? NSW has lost 11 out of the last 12 years. They have been belted for over a decade. These players don't deserve the huge advantages they have over players who are ineligble for origin. 40K an origin game and inflated club contracts just because they are origin players is just bullshit. The perennial losing side need to take a huge pay cut or simply f**k off. It's not good enough and it's simply dumb to pay the losing side the same as the winners. There is a whole generation of NSW kids who support QLD. And I don't blame them.

No, something has to change. If NSW are going to be part of this into the future then the players must be accountable. No win = no pay. Don't like it?? Don't play and f**k off.

betcats

Referee
NSW won't win a series until they have a Smith or a Thurston or a Cronk.

We can talk about largely superficial changes all we want but if a player would make a difference they'd be screaming for selection.

Maybe next year NSW are in with a sniff if there's no Cronk and Thurston. But we've heard that before...

This is wrong imo. We dominated the first game plus 50 minutes of the second, we cruised to 16-6 in that second game and then choked. We have been poorly coached, very poorly coached really and there is still a couple dead weights getting picked. We keep picking the most flustered half back ever and we keep choking.

Knightmare

Coach
Who gives a shit? NSW has lost 11 out of the last 12 years. They have been belted for over a decade. These players don't deserve the huge advantages they have over players who are ineligble for origin. 40K an origin game and inflated club contracts just because they are origin players is just bullshit. The perennial losing side need to take a huge pay cut or simply f**k off. It's not good enough and it's simply dumb to pay the losing side the same as the winners. There is a whole generation of NSW kids who support QLD. And I don't blame them.

No, something has to change. If NSW are going to be part of this into the future then the players must be accountable. No win = no pay. Don't like it?? Don't play and f**k off.

Are there really, though? I mean there's always a few turncoats, but f**k 'em. They're the kind who also support the Storm/ Chelsea/ Real Madrid/ Golden State and a whole bunch of teams from places they've never been...

Front running glory hunters aren't the ones to be concerned about here. It's the young blokes winning in the 16's, 18's, 20's for NSW who could form quite a squad in the next 5-10 years, provided NSW gets its' leadership right. We just wasted a series by leaving it in Daley's hands- time to get somebody in who knows how to kick arses and put a rocket up the people who deserve it.

Take care of this, and the turncoats will abandon Qld after 2 series losses...

Shorty

Staff member
Yes well, two series losses, good luck with that, wasn't that meant to happen after 2014?
Arrogant as always, I often wonder if Knightmare is actually Gus Gould posting on LU.

Shorty

Staff member
Btw I'm not in NSW but I'm surprised kids from there would be supporting Queensland, kids up here that were born down there are as passionate about the Blues as ever and the most marketable player for kids atm appears to be Tedesco.

forward pass

Coach
I still don't know what Jennings did wrong to not get picked this year. His form has been good, he can play left or right centre and scored the winning try last year in game 3 (even though not one of his team 'mates' actually even seemed to acknowledge him for it - going and jumping another bloke who did not even score !!! )

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I still don't know what Jennings did wrong to not get picked this year. His form has been good, he can play left or right centre and scored the winning try last year in game 3 (even though not one of his team 'mates' actually even seemed to acknowledge him for it - going and jumping another bloke who did not even score !!! )

Sounds like the DCE effect - he's probably a bit of a merkin.

Eelectrica

Referee
Yeah but Webcke and Tallis never won anything at all yet Queenslanders would suck their dicks if they could.
Except they were part of Origin winning series, so there's that.
Of course they both won premierships as well.

Tallis and Webcke were both in the 2001 Origin team as well as the 1998 winning series.
Didn't bother to research much past that though.

Last edited:

King hit

Coach
Webcke certainly. Not so sure about Tallis. I think people typically view him as an idiot.

Yeah Tallis is a deadshit, Queenslanders carry on about not having enough QLD representation in the media but I think it's more to do with the fact the best commentator they have is that moron. Have massive respect for Webcke.

True_Believer

Juniors
This was the best chance NSW had to win a series. They couldn't. No matter who you pick, this isn't going to change. QLD are going to dominate this format of the game for a very long time.

Origin isn't dead by a long shot, but I do know many NSW supporters who have simply lost interest in the game.

Knightmare

Coach
Yes well, two series losses, good luck with that, wasn't that meant to happen after 2014?
Arrogant as always, I often wonder if Knightmare is actually Gus Gould posting on LU.

You mean it took you all this time to figure that out?

Didn't you see me thumping away at the keyboard last night while Joey was next to me?

Never mind that for now- but riddle me this- which one of these is more arrogant:

To suggest that Qld will lose at least two consecutive series in the future (and has already happened a few times in Origin history) or,

To suggest Qld will never lose at least two consecutive series in the future?

Last edited:

This Year?

Immortal
The thing I find hilarious is the number of QLD fans posting in the thread.

Speaks volumes about who cares more about origin.

Let's let the QLD fans pick the NSW team to at least make it a contest.