What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

raiders game

thebigredv

First Grade
Does your Club have salary cap troubles?

Don't seem to be signing anyone.

Just don't put all your eggs in one basket......

If you are going to troll us by having a go at the way our club runs it affairs then you better get in line. There's a lot of us ahead of you in the queue. Obviously you haven't much of a life.

Crush

Coach
For a hundred years teams have relied on their half back to pull out the big plays at the right time to get them the win. McCrone doesn't do that, ever. Instead, when a big play is needed, he throws a pass into Mann's back or gives the opposition a couple of 7 tackle sets to kill the momentum or knocks on.
You can't blame him alone of course but he's a major contributor to our losing ways.
I'm looking forward to next year. With Widdop and Hunt together Mary's coaching will pay dividends At the moment there's a missing link or rather a very weak link in the halves.
Agree, hunt will be a massive upgrade but I don't blame McCrone for that loss, he played well. Blame the international Dugan for dropping the ball 2 meters out or on the 1st tackle with a 7 tackle set. Dugan isn't worth 500k let alone 800k like he wanted.
McCrone was good Tonight but I agree that he isn't a great halfback

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Yep I agree mate even though we had plenty of opportunities we were bloody unlucky....there is one point that I've been making these past weeks and thats Our hooker never runs from dummy half, and bugger me he did it once tonight at a vital time and lost the bloody ball......as you say it can only happen to us
You know...I said the same thing to my mate. Makes one run all night at a crucial stage and loses the ball...unbelievable.

Como Connection

First Grade
On Mann, I agree he had a good crack but cannot say he had a 'great' game. He didnt. He was OK.
He gets a free run in this forum because of his perceived rough treatment from McGregor, who everyone disapproves of. SO, automatically everyone supports Mann but face facts, he is OK. A GOOD player would have made it by now and wouldn't keep making those errors.
Mann is OK. He looked much better at fullback than at halfback thats for sure. I still think that he is a natural winger though....
Bull shit CC

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Im going to stick my neck out here and say that even Though we lost tonight and barring any more injuries we can still go allright for the rest of the season.....I thought the 10 mins before half time when they had all the ball and close to our line we did bloody well to keep their big boppers from scoring...its just a pity that it wasnt our night and all the luck went against us.....Im also of the opinion that Lafai needs to be replaced as his form as gone back to where he was last season...hes offered nothing in the last few months and hardly contributes at all.....we were never going to be a top 4 threat but I wouldnt write us off just yet

thebigredv

First Grade
I see Mann as a long term prospect, glad he has been resigned. I am not going to enter into back and forths about whether he is great or just decent. He is no Mark Gasnier still his potential is great, and he will prove more effective than Aitken imo. Mann will probably reach new heights when (or more so, if) the team hits a bit of consistency, as other teams won't target him. This is just my opinion.

Dragons 09

Juniors
Im going to stick my neck out here and say that even Though we lost tonight and barring any more injuries we can still go allright for the rest of the season.....I thought the 10 mins before half time when they had all the ball and close to our line we did bloody well to keep their big boppers from scoring...its just a pity that it wasnt our night and all the luck went against us.....Im also of the opinion that Lafai needs to be replaced as his form as gone back to where he was last season...hes offered nothing in the last few months and hardly contributes at all.....we were never going to be a top 4 threat but I wouldnt write us off just yet

Love your optimism mate and it would be great for my tipping comp results if you end up being right ( just can't tip against them even though i know what the result will be). But i stuck my neck out at the start of the season and had us pegged for 13th spot, not sure if we can slip that far down from here, but a top 8 side.....dat's just dreamtime stuff brudder!

rasaint

Juniors
Good on you Crush.

Been saying that Josh Dugan ads little to the team for years now. A lumbering shadow of the exciting younger player of raiders days. Not against Josh and wish him well. But in attack he is handled comfortably these days by opposition teams. Yes now and again he will do something good ( top jump for a State of Origin try) and tackle well but players on 1/3 of his $$$ do the same.

Nene Mc again left his wing for the 1st try but after that was our most dangerous attacking player.

redVbull

Juniors
also we have to stop the soft option of penalty goal kick when close to opposition try line. Back ourselves for the 6 points. Went for 2 points when 10-12 down, useless when only mid 1st half especially when we had raiders on ropes and attack momentum.

I recall same tactic didn't help against the Titans when early tries instead of 2 points could have swung balance of game early on. Frustrating!

Mark D

Juniors
Usual negativity in some of these posts... yep we lost but honestly don't think many thought we would get close... The Dragons were the better team and showed a hell of a lot of heart... key now is the coaching staff and the senior group must see the positives and do the business next week...unlucky tonight

Crush

Coach
I like Mann. He has a crack. And I don't think that he should be dropped for making a few errors, most players do make a few errors. But I wont say that he has had a great game when he dropped the ball in an absolutely crucial moment. I can forgive the playing the ball sideways as he was hurt in a head knock but it didn't help. It was far from a great game, cmon!
Macdonald had a bettet game as did McCrone as much as the people here loath to admit it

This Year?

Immortal
It's hard to be positive when your teams plays like trash and loses against a team lower than you on the ladder in golden point. Every we week I keep hoping they learn from their mistakes but no that doesn't happen and we have to be almost the unluckiest team at times with some of the stuff that happens.

JDHD

Juniors
Good signs in defence. Both of Canberra's tries in the 80 came from our mistakes, and the golden point came from a 40/20 miracle kick. Losing Packer early is always going to be an issue. Dugan should have been rested, didn't look 100% and bombed an absolutely certain try. In fact, as a team, we blew far too many opportunities. Tariq Sims gave away three penalties by himself.

Dragonbaal

Juniors
I have been thinking since Dugan signed with the mafia scum he is no great loss does some terrible things, only had to go in low and would have scored

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
I like Mann. He has a crack. And I don't think that he should be dropped for making a few errors, most players do make a few errors. But I wont say that he has had a great game when he dropped the ball in an absolutely crucial moment. I can forgive the playing the ball sideways as he was hurt in a head knock but it didn't help. It was far from a great game, cmon!
Macdonald had a bettet game as did McCrone as much as the people here loath to admit it
You were obviously watching something else tonight because Mann was very good in attack and defence and the dropped pass you refer too I take it was the Mc Crone short pass behind him so blame the right person.
I agree that Mc Crone was good tonight and I said elsewhere that Nene had his best game tonight despite letting the first Raiders try manifest.
Stupid penalties at crucial moments were our downfall.

BankstownDragon

Juniors
It's hard to be positive when your teams plays like trash and loses against a team lower than you on the ladder in golden point. Every we week I keep hoping they learn from their mistakes but no that doesn't happen and we have to be almost the unluckiest team at times with some of the stuff that happens.

Agree almost imposible to be positive when you would think they learn from previous mistakes, but not us, not under this current coaching staff.

Selections such a McCrone and Lafai says that Mary and Company are beyond repair.

As much as I love this team and will still continue to painfully watch....the season is OVER and we will miss the 8.

Penrith have 3 teams at home straight and should get 6 points in the next 3 weeks, whilst we play Manly next week.

It kills me to admit to my self that we deserve whats coming to us for all the disgustingly poor decisions we make off the field (retention, recruitment and resigning Mary)....as well as piss poor selections, tactics (do we f**kin have any????) and use of the interchange bench.