What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

raiders game

Carlton

Juniors
Dugan had the chance to stand up and win that game but dropped the ball twice, once on the first tackle and once 2 meters out from the line when a good finisher would have scored.
Mann was ok but dropped the ball at critical time so don't say he was 'great' he wasn't.
Mistakes cost us again. Lafai AGAIN getting dragged out on the sideline early in tackle count.
Its not good enough.
Dragons had the chance to win but the big players let us down with mistakes.
Blame the guys like Dugan on big bucks for not being able to do what other great players would definitely do, win the game!

If you want to blame someone, blame the supposed "game manager". We had it won and with some sensible play shouldn't have lost. Forget the coach for a minute, our lack of a real game manager on the field is the biggest problem we have.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Im going to stick my neck out here and say that even Though we lost tonight and barring any more injuries we can still go allright for the rest of the season.....I thought the 10 mins before half time when they had all the ball and close to our line we did bloody well to keep their big boppers from scoring...its just a pity that it wasnt our night and all the luck went against us.....Im also of the opinion that Lafai needs to be replaced as his form as gone back to where he was last season...hes offered nothing in the last few months and hardly contributes at all.....we were never going to be a top 4 threat but I wouldnt write us off just yet

Agree re Lafai since he has signed he has done little.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Doesn't it have something to do with the JV?
We gave them the socks, the team and training facilities are based in the Gong. I don't care if they play every home game at WIN Steelers Stadium and sell the crappy old Saints Leagues club......but that famous RedV jersey is everything. Brand recognition is pivotal!! Well that's my view at least, I hate the Americanisation of our game.

kit66

Bench
If any of these two sides had bellamy as coach they would have won by 50.

What if they both had Bellamy as coach ? Dragons still lose. It doesn't matter who the coach is if you're making 14 errors and giving away too many stupid penalties. Our fundamentals are solid and we're making huge metres, we're just lacking execution and a key player or two. Canberra's No. 7 came up with the big plays when needed ( won them the game ) our 7 is McCrone.
The only problem I have with Mary's coaching is the persistence with having the flankers rush in in defence and gifting the opposition try's out wide.

We gave them the socks, the team and training facilities are based in the Gong. I don't care if they play every home game at WIN Steelers Stadium and sell the crappy old Saints Leagues club......but that famous RedV jersey is everything. Brand recognition is pivotal!! Well that's my view at least, I hate the Americanisation of our game.
Understand all that and don't like the red rubbish either. I just thought they may have had some agreement to wear the Illawarra type stuff so many games.

hewi

Bench
I've been in mourning over another loss. 3 ordinary wins in 10 games is not good or an indication that a side deserves to be in the top 8. Also, a coach who continues to make excuses instead of excepting responsibility.

Positives last night? The team played with heart. Also, Macdonald, Mann, Widdop, Mcrone, JDB, Thompson, Sims ( minus penalties), AuMau all can hold their heads up.

How stupid is the rule that has a player sent off for a head knock (Dugan) he can't return yet Papalli gets to stay on the field? It's a simple fix, if a team loses a player to an illegal hit then that player is on the bench until the hit player can return. If like last night with Dugan he doesn't get back then Papalli doesn't either. Still 13 on 13 but both sides are down a reserve.

Next week, IMO. Frizzle another week off. Dugan to centre, Duffy to fullback and I assume with Packer gone for some time time to blood Kerr. All 198 cms and 115 kgs of him.

That kick of Sezers was just incredible, you won't see that to,often but why against us? Remember Widdops effort in golden point semi against the dogs in 2015, if it had come off we would have won.

blacksafake

First Grade
The football gods were against us tonight.

The effort was there.

We lost Packer very early.

Frizell is busted

Duges is fatigued and needed a break, but super coach plays him.

Head knocks.

An intercept when we seemed certain to score.

The real concern for me is the lack of killer instinct/decisiveness.

We don't have a real game manager. We don't have a real leader, on or off the field.

Hence we don't win the close games.

Team selection remains a mystery to me.

Why is Milne picked in the 17 when we are scheduled to play a team with a massive forward pack.

Be decisive Paul, or please accept a more appropriate position at the club commensurate with your skill set.
:thumbsup:

since77

Juniors
You know...I said the same thing to my mate. Makes one run all night at a crucial stage and loses the ball...unbelievable.

This is the thing that does my head in with this team. It's happened a few times this year - they get a penalty and think taking a quick tap is better than kicking for touch. All that happens is they get tackled around about where the ball would have gone into touch and they lose a tackle. Dumb dumb dumb.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Widdop still doesn't look 100% to me, but his effort can't be faulted. He also looks like he knows McCrone is hopeless so he's trying to do everything and overthinking his options.
You could be right re Widdop and his thoughts on McCrone......there was one period in the first half when we got another set of 6 close to their line we looked absolutely lost as to what to do with the ball , McCrone or Widdop organised nothing till in the end McCrone just ran up to one of our forwards and handed him the ball....if it wasnt so sad it would have been laughable......dare I say it but hopefully when Hunt arrives things will change..but once again thats another season away

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
This is the thing that does my head in with this team. It's happened a few times this year - they get a penalty and think taking a quick tap is better than kicking for touch. All that happens is they get tackled around about where the ball would have gone into touch and they lose a tackle. Dumb dumb dumb.
Thought exactely the same thing when Dugan tapped and ran and lost possession....I said to my wife what the hell was that all about if we had found the touchline we would have been further upfield with another set........as you say just impulsive dumb play