What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What will happen in 2018

Pro Dragons

Juniors
After our good start to the season it has all gone belly up and our chances of making the eight are diminishing with every loss. One problem seems to be our lack of depth when a player gets injuried we don't seem to be able to cover positions like the salary cap rorter teams. This begs the question what will our depth be like in 2018? McGregor has not shown any interest in blooding younger players. We are gaining Hunt but losing Dugan and Packer. At the moment it seems unless some of the younger players come into first grade and do well or Millward has some undisclosed signings for next year, 2018 might be worse than this year which is not a great thought.

Life's Good

Coach
Donald Trump will still be President.

The Sharks will be going for a 3 peat.

McGregor will still be coach.

Nightingale's wheel chair funding will be granted.

Doust will be searching for new recruits in the State Cup.

Ben Hunt will become the most expensive State Cup player in the history of the game when he is dropped from First Grade after half a dozen games.

And St.Merge will still suck.
I'd say you are trolling but that would be a compliment.
Also, you forgot 'Oust Doust'.

Have a nice weekend.

hazzbeen

Bench
What will happen in 2018 you ask ? Nothing the same as the last 3 years under Mary . The whole club has become very clicky . Even the Leagues Club has gone to the pack , Some one needs to stand up and take charge of the club the football team . We cant compete with other leagues clubs . Doust the board have no vision at all . Maybe we need to change our emblem from Dragons , to Dinosaurs ......

watatank

Coach
We probably haven't finished recruiting yet, although I don't expect us to sign any big names.

Time will tell but while McGregor is very much risk averse, it will be more difficult to hold back younger players next season because we don't have that depth and all those players will be a year older and more ready to go. We can't just turn to Fai Fai Loa and Milne. But recruitment isn't done so will have to see who else we sign. Based on who we have signed so far, at the moment we will probably go into Round 1 like

Nightingale
MacDonald
Aitken
Lafai
Mann
Widdop
Hunt
Vaughan
McInnes
Ah Mau
Frizell
Thompson
De Belin

Host
Sele
Sims
Field

Others: Dufty, Lawrie, Garrick, Herbert, Lomax, Robson, Periera, Leilua, Kerr

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
One of the main reasons as you say is our lack of depth is because McGregor insists on swapping players around and out of their regular positions instead of blooding or given our fringe 1ST Graders a go in those vacant positions....theres no like for like with our mob......if you look at say The Storm Bellamy doesnt just re arrange the broken furniture he just replaces the broken seats...end of story

Forster Dragon

Juniors
One of the main reasons as you say is our lack of depth is because McGregor insists on swapping players around and out of their regular positions instead of blooding or given our fringe 1ST Graders a go in those vacant positions....theres no like for like with our mob......if you look at say The Storm Bellamy doesnt just re arrange the broken furniture he just replaces the broken seats...end of story
Would love a coach that can mentor and develop.Poor old Mary has very little to offer on both accounts.

We probably haven't finished recruiting yet, although I don't expect us to sign any big names.

Time will tell but while McGregor is very much risk averse, it will be more difficult to hold back younger players next season because we don't have that depth and all those players will be a year older and more ready to go. We can't just turn to Fai Fai Loa and Milne. But recruitment isn't done so will have to see who else we sign. Based on who we have signed so far, at the moment we will probably go into Round 1 like

Nightingale
MacDonald
Aitken
Lafai
Mann
Widdop
Hunt
Vaughan
McInnes
Ah Mau
Frizell
Thompson
De Belin

Host
Sele
Sims
Field

Others: Dufty, Lawrie, Garrick, Herbert, Lomax, Robson, Periera, Leilua, Kerr
Quite a few players have been told they are not wanted next year thats what i was told.

Others thats why Lewis and Nona left before june 30.

Glymin, Havili, Mathews, McCarthy, Marketo and Masoe have been told they have no future at the club that was what I was told how true it is will have to wait and see.

Hutchison, Dodd, Hind and Thompson nothing much was said.

Gareth67

First Grade
I know that it is a horrible thing to have to say , however the forecast ' doom and gloom ' is the way that I see 2018 also . Unless Hunt can set our backline on fire and another ' hard as nails ' prop is added to the forward pack , we may indeed go backwards .

As far as the 2nd stringers are concerned , mainly Masoe , they should get him out of the way as quickly as possible , why wait until the end of the season . What a huge bluudy disappointment and not to even wear the Dragons Jersey .

Before anyone says that "I told you so " I am referring to the fact that the club looked after him for over a year , but he still could not find the fitness , to at least force his way onto the 1st Grade bench .

JDHD

Juniors
What will happen in 2018 you ask ? Nothing the same as the last 3 years under Mary . The whole club has become very clicky . Even the Leagues Club has gone to the pack , Some one needs to stand up and take charge of the club the football team . We cant compete with other leagues clubs . Doust the board have no vision at all . Maybe we need to change our emblem from Dragons , to Dinosaurs ......

To be fair, Dinosaurs would be an awesome team mascot. Australovenator or Giganotosaurus would be sick.

JDHD

Juniors
Others thats why Lewis and Nona left before june 30.

Glymin, Havili, Mathews, McCarthy, Marketo and Masoe have been told they have no future at the club that was what I was told how true it is will have to wait and see.

Hutchison, Dodd, Hind and Thompson nothing much was said.

The last four have potential. The rest are not first graders. I'm completely okay with this decision.

The last four have potential. The rest are not first graders. I'm completely okay with this decision.
Hutchison is looking at options at this stage thats why he has held off signing.

Dodd is coming back from an ACL injury but Millward has a good opinion on him that means mary doesn't.

Hind is certainly a prop with potential and should be considered in a rotational sense next year but may move on for an oppurtunity.

Thompson has turned things around with his attitude and performances and certainly would be a better fit in first grade then a KFFL again may move on for an oppurtunity.

Bench
We need to be proactive not reactive. Mary needs to bring our juniors to the bench and given reasonable game time.
Who knows how they will go, but you have to give them a chance.
Look at Cleary. Would we promote him if he played for us. Probably no.