What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

It will be interesting to see what impact, if any, this latest failure has on Pearces club form.

Kimmorley admitted he was shot after the debacle in 2005 and it sunk the Sharks season.

If Pearce had any brains he would be shot too; but I think he is too dumb to carry that weight.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think his actions at the end blaming fifita for dropping a shocking pass tells you as much as you need to know about how much personal blame he will shoulder!

yobbo84

First Grade
Here's the funny thing. Pearce is probably in the form of his life in club football. Adam Reynolds is having a poor year by his standard. Yet, compare their stats for NRL 2017 (according to Fox Sports):

Pearce:
14 games, 6 tries, 12 try assists, 7 linebreaks, 27 tackle busts, 11 linebreak assists, 8 forced dropouts, 39 avg run metres, 21.1 avg tackles, 2.2 avg missed

Reynolds:
14 games, 1 try, 12 try assists, 1 linebreak, 23 tackle busts, 8 linebreak assists, 16 forced dropouts, 35 avg run metres, 18.1 avg tackles, 2.6 avg missed

Other than Pearce's far superior running game (which seems to get shelved in SOO anyway), the rest is pretty much the same. I think this shows Adam is worthy of another shot at NSW halfback, as long as the five-eighth is someone who will run/take on the line, and let Adam do the kicking/organising.

gregstar

Referee
Here's the funny thing. Pearce is probably in the form of his life in club football. Adam Reynolds is having a poor year by his standard. Yet, compare their stats for NRL 2017 (according to Fox Sports):

Pearce:
14 games, 6 tries, 12 try assists, 7 linebreaks, 27 tackle busts, 11 linebreak assists, 8 forced dropouts, 39 avg run metres, 21.1 avg tackles, 2.2 avg missed

Reynolds:
14 games, 1 try, 12 try assists, 1 linebreak, 23 tackle busts, 8 linebreak assists, 16 forced dropouts, 35 avg run metres, 18.1 avg tackles, 2.6 avg missed

Other than Pearce's far superior running game (which seems to get shelved in SOO anyway), the rest is pretty much the same. I think this shows Adam is worthy of another shot at NSW halfback, as long as the five-eighth is someone who will run/take on the line, and let Adam do the kicking/organising.
f**k me!

yet another deluded gomer.

mccrones is surely worth giving a shot at origin.

he's been pretty good so far this year.

It's a shame that the legend Pearce was let down by poor service from the dummy half, inept forwards who were dominated and a backline that was simply out played.

Next year I hope that the team selected to compliment Pearce will actually do their jobs so that he's able to shine.

It will be interesting to see how he goes at the RL world cup when he's got some decent players around him.

OldPanther

Coach
It's a shame that the legend Pearce was let down by poor service from the dummy half, inept forwards who were dominated and a backline that was simply out played.

Next year I hope that the team selected to compliment Pearce will actually do their jobs so that he's able to shine.

It will be interesting to see how he goes at the RL world cup when he's got some decent players around him.

You're amazing and I loves you.

I was waiting for this... most Roosters fans have turned on Pearce but rain or shine he can always count on BHP for love and support.

simmo05

Bench
Pearce will likely be back in a NSW Blues jersey next year because he will be shining for the Roosters in 2018, especially with Tedesco at full back.
And the tigers usually play the rooters around selection time and make piss look like the best bits of johns and fittler combined

JJ

Immortal

Post of the year, great stuff keep it up

Life's Good

Coach

Funny. How were you able to see the screen to type this whilst you were tea bagging Mitchell??