What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 internationals (non World Cup).

http://www.usarl.org/news/2017/usa-hawks-team-against-jamaica-announced/

The following players have been selected for the first test match USA vs Jamaica, 5.00pm Saturday, July 22 2017, UNF Hodges (B) Field, (Jacksonville), FL.

1. Gabriel Farley (Philadelphia Fight)
  2. Marcus Satavu (Brooklyn Kings)*
  3. Junior Vaivai (Illawarra Wests)
  4. Taylor Alley (Central Florida Warriors)
  5. Jonathan St John (Tampa Mayhem)
  6. Dominic DeFalco (Brooklyn Kings)*
  7. Matt Walsh (White Plains Wombats)
  8. Joshua Rice (New York Knights)
  9. Kristian Freed (White Plains Wombats)
  10. Andrew Kneisly (Philadelphia Fight)
  11. Fotukava Malu (Atlanta Rhinos)*
  12. David Ulch (Tampa Mayhem)*
  13. Nicholas Newlin (Atlanta Rhinos)
  14. Sean Hunt (Atlanta Rhinos)*
  15. Martwain Johnson (Delaware Black Foxes)*
  16. Bart Longchamp (Central Florida Warriors)
  17. Chris Frazier (Northern Virginia Eagles)
  18. Terrance Williams (Atlanta Rhinos) STAND-BY
* Indicates debut with the USA Hawks

Coach: Sean Rutgerson

adamkungl

Immortal
I can't see it. It would be good if they did (I doubt TW would really need them) but I just don't see all three being made available.

It would be disappointing if an undefeated 3rd grade team in their first year started getting all tight arsed about letting players out for international duty

It would be paradoxical for a club purporting to be growing the game in Canada to prevent their players playing for Canada and leaving them weakened, particularly against the US.

The weekend of the Jamaica game is CC final weekend so they don't have a game and the USA game is a double header with the final super 8s game, which I assume they won't need to win.

adamkungl

Immortal
July

Hungary vs Poland
Czech Rep vs Hungary

August

Hungary vs Czech Rep

So this just happened but for the life of my I could not find any info about it previously.

Do you have dates/a news source for the others?

on a side note CONGRATS to Poland who just played their first full international. Despite a 56-4 loss, a fine achievement. Rugby League continues to grow.

edit: RLEF is calling it their first international but they played Chile in Sydney earlier this year. While purists might point out that it was likely a Polish-Australian heritage team I'm not sure what criteria specifically has been used here to determine either way. Regardless, whether it was in January or July congrats to Poland.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
Edit: Found the others.

Does the RLEF keep a f**king calendar or something searching through facebooks and websites in other languages for vague information is painful

adamkungl

Immortal
Promotion leaves a lot to be desired....

Let's be honest even 90% of the people in this forum won't bother watching these games.

But.

These games *are* used in official records and rankings, it shouldn't be difficult to find out that they exist and when and where they are played.

adamkungl

Immortal
I agree. I have to follow clubs or league's through Facebook to get results/footage.

Hungary FB is devoid of anything useful.
I found an article on another website that mentioned the month but not the dates.
Finally on the Czech website found 3 dates for upcoming matches.

langpark

First Grade
on a side note CONGRATS to Poland who just played their first full international. Despite a 56-4 loss, a fine achievement. Rugby League continues to grow.

edit: RLEF is calling it their first international but they played Chile in Sydney earlier this year. While purists might point out that it was likely a Polish-Australian heritage team I'm not sure what criteria specifically has been used here to determine either way. Regardless, whether it was in January or July congrats to Poland.

Hungary I believe had a few heritage players whereas Poland used none. Worth noting as it effects the scoreline in a big way!