What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

raiders game

SEAT 1A

Bench
I thought I was watching the Benny Hill Show late night. So much self inflicted pain.
When the chips are down we can't recover and play like headless chickens. I can't believe the amount of dropped ball last night.

I can't remember the last time we had large numbers of injuries during the game and we need luck. The footy gods have not been to kind to us.

In most of the games something has gone against the team. Going back to game against Easts, they scored a try after the ball came off JDB arm, Thommo dropped the ball against the dogs and last night he was inches away from scoring.

The team needs everything to go our way to be able to compete and that includes the coach.

I just laughed when Papali didn't even get put on report and Mann cops a penalty when he was in Disney Land.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Must admit re Manns play the ball when a player is heavily concussed and plays the ball not facing properly it shouldnt incur a penalty surely the refs can show some leniency in that area and make them replay it or someone else takes the ball....they can make a player go back and make him play it where they called held or a player runs the ball back from the in goal area takes a quick tap and get called back to re do it if theres players from his own side in front of him....

Old Timer

Coach
Must admit re Manns play the ball when a player is heavily concussed and plays the ball not facing properly it shouldnt incur a penalty surely the refs can show some leniency in that area and make them replay it or someone else takes the ball....they can make a player go back and make him play it where they called held or a player runs the ball back from the in goal area takes a quick tap and get called back to re do it if theres players from his own side in front of him....
Just like the "can't touch a re rule" somehow or other we find a way to get penalised for all the obscure rulings that get trotted out every blue moon.
It took a while for the commentators to admit that the one let go last Friday night was in fact worse than Mann's and there were no extenuating circumstances to that one.
Next one no doubt we will get done for will be for being in front of the kicker as it will get a run before season's end.

Bench
Three wins from ten starts. That says it all. McIdiot can't keep sticking to this team roster.
The power game is not working like at the start of the season.
Widdop is playing very weii. Teams know this and he is heavily marked. That hinders our attack and McCrone doesn't have the skill set to take over Widdops role.
The team is severely lacking any player with the speed to make any breaks. I would like to see how many tries we have scored from our half.
There are teams that have given their young guns a run and have excelled, Cleary is a fine example, he is now in his second year in the top grade and he is just 19. Another team has a 18 year old playing in the top grade.
We have some serious talent in the juniors who have not even be given a run in the top grade, even from the bench.
It is time that the Coach giving Dufty some serious game time. If Dufty is the fullback next year it makes sense to try him now, waiting till next season's trial matches is a disaster waiting to happen.
If Dufty can make it then the Coach must develop a game plan around him and Hunt.
My last point us the colours we play in. What the f&&&& is this strip we had last night.
Our colours are white with the big redV. The colours have a long history with us and we need to go back to those colours.

Three wins from ten starts. That says it all. McIdiot can't keep sticking to this team roster.
The power game is not working like at the start of the season.
Widdop is playing very weii. Teams know this and he is heavily marked. That hinders our attack and McCrone doesn't have the skill set to take over Widdops role.
The team is severely lacking any player with the speed to make any breaks. I would like to see how many tries we have scored from our half.
There are teams that have given their young guns a run and have excelled, Cleary is a fine example, he is now in his second year in the top grade and he is just 19. Another team has a 18 year old playing in the top grade.
We have some serious talent in the juniors who have not even be given a run in the top grade, even from the bench.
It is time that the Coach giving Dufty some serious game time. If Dufty is the fullback next year it makes sense to try him now, waiting till next season's trial matches is a disaster waiting to happen.
If Dufty can make it then the Coach must develop a game plan around him and Hunt.
My last point us the colours we play in. What the f&&&& is this strip we had last night.
Our colours are white with the big redV. The colours have a long history with us and we need to go back to those colours.
Lots of good points but the only thing that will change the team selection philosophy is to get rid of the coach.
McGregor is the biggest anchor that weighs this team down.
We have some real talent in the under 20's but we will never know how good they can be if we don't give them a go.
As for the strip - ridiculous pandering to the Illawarra faction even though, as someone pointed out, they never wore red shorts anyway.
There is something seriously wrong with the underlying logic of how the place is managed and promoted.

hewi

Bench
Papalli charged by the match review committee, he stays on the field Dugan is finished for the night and we are one down for the rest of the game. Big deal if he gets 3 weeks after the event, he should not have remained on the field!!!

possm

Coach
In my opinion Papali should have been put on report, penalised and maybe sent off. I'd like to see any player put on report be binned for 5-10min depending on the seriousness of the incident. This would go a long way towards reducing foul play and at least there is some satisfaction given on-field to the team suffering from the incident.

Thats what people will want from Hunt and they will be disappointed imo.

Hunt is a runner of the ball and has a limited kicking game.

Widdop also a runner of the ball with limited vision and organizing skills.
Everyone is hoping that Hunt will be our saviour and for a million $ per season, you would expect him to make a difference.
However our problem is that Widdop is not an on fleld leader - he is a good 5/8 - nothing more and nothing less.
We desperately need an inspirational on field leader and we need an upgraded coaching regime with some real tactical knowledge and smarts.
Unless these things change - you can expect much of the same even with Hunt's arrival.

hewi

Bench
If a player is unable to continue due to foul play then the perpetrator should be binned for the same amount of time as the injured player. That way both sides have the same number of players available and there is some fairness in the action. Last night we were severely disadvantaged by the loss of Dugan.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
If a player is unable to continue due to foul play then the perpetrator should be binned for the same amount of time as the injured player. That way both sides have the same number of players available and there is some fairness in the action. Last night we were severely disadvantaged by the loss of Dugan.
100% correct mate and still face the judiciary later in the week

Lots of good points but the only thing that will change the team selection philosophy is to get rid of the coach.
We have some real talent in the under 20's but we will never know how good they can be if we don't give them a go.
As for the strip - ridiculous pandering to the Illawarra faction even though, as someone pointed out, they never wore red shorts anyway.
There is something seriously wrong with the underlying logic of how the place is managed and promoted.
The club isn't forced to play in a red jersey they choose to and pandering the Illawarra faction as you call it what a load of shit that isn't even close to what Illawarra wore its a marketing tool to generate more money.

The club isn't forced to play in a red jersey they choose to and pandering the Illawarra faction as you call it what a load of shit that isn't even close to what Illawarra wore its a marketing tool to generate more money.
How does wearing an irrelevant strip generate more money?
I'm not arguing with you but I am curious as to what the club actually gets out of it other than diluting the brand.

monsterkev

Juniors
Everyone is hoping that Hunt will be our saviour and for a million $ per season, you would expect him to make a difference.
However our problem is that Widdop is not an on fleld leader - he is a good 5/8 - nothing more and nothing less.
We desperately need an inspirational on field leader and we need an upgraded coaching regime with some real tactical knowledge and smarts.
Unless these things change - you can expect much of the same even with Hunt's arrival.
I agree with you
Bent hunt will have the weight of all dragons supporters on his shoulders
Hunt is a fine half but what about the rest of the team
One player can't do it all his own
I feel hunt will have too much pressure on him and will forced to play the typical dragons style of play which will ruin him

Drakon

Juniors
It's just not the same when they aren't playing in the traditional red V. I always get disappointed when I see they are wearing the red strip.

If we have to have an 'away' jersey, then I'd go for a simple red top with a white V.

FlameThrower

Bench
It's just not the same when they aren't playing in the traditional red V. I always get disappointed when I see they are wearing the red strip.

If we have to have an 'away' jersey, then I'd go for a simple red top with a white V.
And if the Club came out and stated that from season 2018 they would only play in the traditional Red V for all home games, with away being the reverse with all red and white V. I'm sure they would receive huge support for that. The membership is call Red V for a reason. For marketing and merchandising they could design whatever they wanted in hoodies, tshirts, jackets etc...