What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Typical of saints

Is it just me that kinda hopes the Dragons don't win another game all year?

Because the only way we are going to get any sort of change is to hit rock bottom.
This mediocre rubbish will be accepted by the club as some sort of success.
Unless we get truely terrible it will continue on.

John moz

Juniors
Gold coast now Canberra both outside the 8 still same shit mary .No change season over again another year under mary no finals.

Life's Good

Coach

Because the only way we are going to get any sort of change is to hit rock bottom.
Understand your point but what makes you think things will change when we have been rock bottom for 5 + years(apart from a brief run in 2015 & early this year). The standards we expect are way higher than those set by the club heirarchy and while that is the case there won't be any change because they see their job as being done.

getsmarty

Immortal

Won't change anything...they will just form another performance review committee to tell everyone things are going well...

possm

Coach
Only we can lead the comp in the early part of the season and weeks before the finals look like missing the 8 .
2015 and 2017 look like mirrors images ,only this time i think we wont make it
I struggle to think if we will beat anyone.
A lot of turning points in games seem to go the other way
Sucks big time
Because Mary has no idea on our to coach or run a team. The load on our forwards each and every game could never last the season otherwise, all coaches would employ this style of game. To make this style work, I believe you would need 10 forwards outside the 17 who are of first grade standard and equal to the 10 in the top 17. Rotation would be the key to ensure we aren't playing with busted or burnt out forwards.

A B Plan whereby the game plan would be to use the speed and agility of our backs .......... hold on these type of backs are playing U20s.

It seems Millward does not believe we need speedy backs this season or next season. If Nightingale is going to play in first grade in 2018, I'd rather see him at right centre with one of our speedy young juniors wearing the number 5 jumper. As for Macdonald, he needs to step up or get used to playing reserve grade, Mann does a much better job on the left wing.

I would really love to see Dufty given a go at fullback mainly because I want to see how he handles that position in first grade. I seems to be going great in reserve grade, so why not give him the chance to prove himself.

Because Mary has no idea on our to coach or run a team. The load on our forwards each and every game could never last the season otherwise, all coaches would employ this style of game. To make this style work, I believe you would need 10 forwards outside the 17 who are of first grade standard and equal to the 10 in the top 17. Rotation would be the key to ensure we aren't playing with busted or burnt out forwards.

A B Plan whereby the game plan would be to use the speed and agility of our backs .......... hold on these type of backs are playing U20s.

It seems Millward does not believe we need speedy backs this season or next season. If Nightingale is going to play in first grade in 2018, I'd rather see him at right centre with one of our speedy young juniors wearing the number 5 jumper. As for Macdonald, he needs to step up or get used to playing reserve grade, Mann does a much better job on the left wing.

I would really love to see Dufty given a go at fullback mainly because I want to see how he handles that position in first grade. I seems to be going great in reserve grade, so why not give him the chance to prove himself.

Millward gives McGreagor the ammunition by signing all these u20s players, the problem is McGreagor doesn't know how to load the gun.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
While on this topic, Typical of saints, can someone help me out with some stats about Golden Point. Let me say I hate GP as a general principle. A point each for an 80 minute draw I think is a fair result. And how fair is a scramble for the first field goal? At least Canberra beat us with a try.

But adding to my principled opposition to GP is our appalling win/loss record in GP. I can only recall 2 wins from something like 20 attempts. Can anyone produce the actual stats?

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Won't change anything...they will just form another performance review committee to tell everyone things are going well...
Yep thats correct because the review committee will say look we finished a lot higher on the ladder than anyone predicted and that statement alone will justify their existence.....we know its rubbish and so do they but nothing will change....its a foregone conclusion thats why Mary got his extension

Gareth67

First Grade
It's like being in one of those small glass Christmas domes that you have on your sideboard at Xmas . At the beginning of the season we all admire the beautiful scenery, but then those idiots from the Joint Ventures board pick it up and turn it up side down . But instead of snowflakes falling we find ourselves covered in their droppings of mismanagement , year after bluudy year .

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Millward signs up Under 20's players
who are two years short of First Grade
standard and fails to provide depth in the NSW Cup side. He does not realise that backs need pace, the ability to take the high ball and the capability to cover in defence and not bunch like MacDonald does leaving gaps for the opposition to exploit freeways up the wing. Things must change.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Dragonsteve2
While on this topic, Typical of saints, can someone help me out with some stats about Golden Point. Let me say I hate GP as a general principle. A point each for an 80 minute draw I think is a fair result. And how fair is a scramble for the first field goal? At least Canberra beat us with a try.

But adding to my principled opposition to GP is our appalling win/loss record in GP. I can only recall 2 wins from something like 20 attempts. Can anyone produce the actual stats?
......up untill June 25th 2017 Dragons have won 1 in 5 previous attempts so obviously its now 1 in 6......unfortunately not very good is it...lets hope from now on we are comfortably ahead after 80.....

possm

Coach
Millward gives McGreagor the ammunition by signing all these u20s players, the problem is McGreagor doesn't know how to load the gun.

Yes or maybe the ammunition is wet and needs to dry for a couple of years before use. Those players Identified as being guns should be enlisted into the first grade squad and given special individual coaching in addition to the normal program in an effort to make them ready for war in first grade. Fast track them through the ranks monitoring the progress while in reserves and send them to the front line as soon as they are ready. In this way we can blood them and rest the troops who are looking tired and busted on the front line.

Simply a mess.

possm

Coach
Millward signs up Under 20's players
who are two years short of First Grade
standard and fails to provide depth in the NSW Cup side. He does not realise that backs need pace, the ability to take the high ball and the capability to cover in defence and not bunch like MacDonald does leaving gaps for the opposition to exploit freeways up the wing. Things must change.
Millward should have retained or replaced our first graders like for like or better. Then moved onto our juniors and reserve grade players to ensure depth and an even distribution of experience and youth. It is simply not good enough to write off seasons in the hope of success in the following seasons.

However, it all starts at the top. With the right administration and the right coaching staff the joint venture Dragons would be much more attractive to players and so, we would not be having to pay overs and our players would not see leaving as a better opportunity to progress their career.

Dragon for life

Juniors

I disagree that the power game is not sustainable. Melbourne and Brisbane have been doing it for years. It's all about field position. The thing that they do well is that when a break is made or opposition is on the back foot, the playmakers take over. Not us, we still have to go through our plan. More forward runs until tackle 4 then backline second man play ( like the opposition don't know thats coming) and then fifth tackle bomb.

Early in the year we were playing as the play makers saw it and we scoring lots of pointsbut now we have reverted back to the old boring football that we are used too. Stop passing the ball back 5m for players to then build up a head of steam, you need to be catching it just behind the play the ball or just over if you are in Cameron Smiths team.

Wake up Mary, take the blinkers off and gets us back to the style of play that had us leading the competition.

Latest posts