What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Fifita compared to Arthur Beetson

Hutty1986

Immortal
Saying Fishita was completely ineffective in games 2 and 3 would be a compliment. The grubby peaheart was invisible.

Artie scored two grand final tries in the Sydney comp and was part of three premiership-winning sides. That's not including what he did in Brisbane where he won the comp with Redcliffe as well.

Card Shark

Immortal
Saying Fishita was completely ineffective in games 2 and 3 would be a compliment. The grubby peaheart was invisible.

The whole team was invisible.

He has not played that good for us all year imo but his stats probably say otherwise.

davi

Juniors
Andrew Fifita is taking a hammering in the media for this story. The criticism is that he is not about the team and more about himself.

"The Daily Telegraph has reported today that Andrew Fifita wasn't happy with Laurie Daley's plan to start him from the bench for Origin III, forcing the coach to backflip on the tactical move.

And Triple M and Fox Sports' Paul Kent has blown up in response, saying that Fifita's ego got in the way of a good NSW plan.

"I think the story today about Andrew Fifita blowing up because Laurie wanted to do a tactical switch and play him off the bench was disgraceful," Kenty said.

"And I actually think that that should result in a big, red felt pen putting a line straight through Fifita's name for future Origins.

Kenty also noted how for QLD, someone like Billy Slater was snubbed for Origin I, wished the team the best of luck and came back in with a great attitude.

The giant was asked to play a game-breaking role from the bench after successfully being targeted by the Maroons in NSW’s gut-wrenching Origin II defeat.

Aaron Woods and Klemmer had prepared to start the match with a mission to set a solid platform for Fifita and his high-risk, yet potentially matchwinning, rugby league.

Klemmer refused to talk about the circumstances that cost him his Origin start when contacted by The Sunday Telegraph.

“Yes, I was told I was starting,’’ Klemmer said. “But I didn’t. That is all I will say.’’

The move backfired on Daley, with Fifita making just 54m from nine runs after being nullified by the Maroons in the middle.

Fifita was angered by the snub that was meant to be a secret ploy to surprise Queensland.

Daley, who is yet to confirm whether he will continue as NSW coach next year, was unavailable for comment.

The man who finally snapped Queensland’s record-breaking winning streak with a historic series win in 2014, Daley has been told the NSW job is still his if he wants it despite calls for Andrew Johns to be parachuted in as his replacement.

Daley has been NSW coach since 2013."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...h/news-story/4d487ecba277eb9d619ce3b6adee5342

Last edited:

AJB1102

First Grade
Well this was predictable.

Fifita puts in an 11/10 in Origin and all the twits who need the media to form an opinion for them blow their load and realise that despite how people might feel about Andrew he's a beast footy player. Then expect to read the same headlines every week. You get your ups and downs with Fifita, he's an x-factor player and they can't light it up every time, but I'm happy that next time he does go ape-shit it'll be in black, white & blue.

Just because he led the way in game 1 doesn't mean all the other forwards could phone it in the next 2 games. Only bloke willing to step up was Jake T and the poor bugger got f**kall minutes. Oh and Klemmer he tried hard.

Latest posts