What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun Johnson out for the season

davi

Juniors
Shaun Johnson out for the season, and will miss the World Cup. As if things were not hard enough for Kiwis already after the cocaine scandal........

July 16, 2017 5:38pm

"SHAUN Johnson’s season is over due to an ACL tear suffered in Friday night’s 34-22 loss to the Panthers.

He will also miss the World Cup for New Zealand.

The injury will be officially announced on Monday, with Johnson facing a 6-9 month rehabilitation.

Warriors coach Stephen Kearney said post-game the diagnosis was not looking positive.

“It’s a knee injury. In terms of the extent of it I’m not 100 per cent sure,” Kearney said.

“No doubt over the next 24 hours he’ll get some scans, but the early diagnosis is probably not a real good one.

“Potentially (it could be quite serious).”

The Warriors only re-signed Johnson a couple of months ago on a lucrative two-year contract."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n/news-story/3560c990447ebde623a233c148118c7c

POPEYE

Coach
Be interesting to see how many games they can win without him . . . apparently none according to the media

davi

Juniors
It's not like the Warriors were going anywhere anyway

I know but it will have repercussions for the World Cup. I heard today thoughts of who will take his spot from Kodi Nikorima to Benji Marshall. I really can't see the Kiwi's being competitive, they were already struggling with Johnson, Jesse Bromwich, and Kevin Proctor in the team.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Couldn't see them squeezing into the 8 before, now can kiss it goodbye.

TMM for the world cup gig?

Options:

Foran
TMM
Nikorima
Benji

...Corey Norman.

We're pretty much doomed with gel-head Kidwell running the show anyway.

POPEYE

Coach
Methinks Johnson's 'injury' is a great way for Kearney to try something every Warriors' coach has dreamt of since 2012 . . . I wish Steve all the very best in his search