What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Thaiday

Mark D

Juniors
With Ben Hunt coming wondering if its worth throwing a years + contract to Sam Thaiday ? Thoughts

Dea

Juniors
He has been transitioning from the run on team, to the bench and retirement is next step. I'm not certain I'd want our team to pay overs to get him to relocate as an aging player.

MILEY CYRUS

Juniors
Thaiday should have retired this year.

The player that the dragons need is Dave Taylor. He can replace Packer.
Off contract for next year and would come at a good price.

possm

Coach
You'd have to think a good recruitment officer would make it known to all player managers that he would be very happy to be informed of any prospective player's coming off contract. Millward should no well in advance of potential deals and be pro-active in winning deals for players with skills and attributes we need.

Gareth67

First Grade
Unfortunately the man is in his twilight years as a footballer. However , if only he had been released a few years earlier , he would still had been a tremendous asset to our forward pack and the mongrel he has , would had been just what we needed .

Old Timer

Coach
This thread just typifies our thinking v the way good clubs think.
Sam's use by date is up and the transition is well under way as he loses his SOO & Australian spots as well as his starting spot at club level.
Some people in here think that a 35 year old Bennett hand me down is a good option whilst they applaud the decision to extend Nighty.
No sentimentality with the good clubs it just gets down to hard nosed business and shows why we just can't get the right mindset.

GC Dragon

Juniors
This thread just typifies our thinking v the way good clubs think.
Sam's use by date is up and the transition is well under way as he loses his SOO & Australian spots as well as his starting spot at club level.
Some people in here think that a 35 year old Bennett hand me down is a good option whilst they applaud the decision to extend Nighty.
No sentimentality with the good clubs it just gets down to hard nosed business and shows why we just can't get the right mindset.
OT you beat me to the punch . That is exactly the mentality within our club . Our acceptance of mediocrity runs right through our club from the front office right down to many of our fans . I could understand re-signing Nighty on the cheap for a year to play reserves as a mentor to the young blokes coming through but his first grade days are up ...(.Just like the Beast's with the Warriors ) . Years ago Arthur Beetson and Billy Smith both finished in reserve grade . There is no shame in that . But that would require some sort of vision and forward thinking which Mary has shown he has absolutely none .

SaintPauli

Juniors
Forwards about to peak is what we need around 25 years of age. Sammy is past it and looks to be ready for the footy show based on his antics and humourous carry ons.

Latest posts