What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angus Crichton

Pedge1971

First Grade
Angus Chricton is a few months older then Coen Hess, Angus has played 24 games to Coen's 25.

They are progressing remarkedly similar. Queensland rushed to get Hess into origin, while people involved with the Blues are saying give Angus a few years.

Qld did out of necessity. Different players as well. Must be something in the water in NQ. Souths used to be a big side but looked tiny today.....

Johns Magic

Referee
The prototype modern day backrower. Not a tatted-up young jerk either.

Will be interesting to see how much he commands on the open market if he hasn't re-signed by November.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Its his 1st season buyer beware. Plenty of fellas gone before him and looked like greatness.

Like today teams will be waiting for him next year .

Spot On

Coach
Buyers in this market are too stupid or desperate to be wary. It's a free for all. Some clubs can even afford to hoard NRL standard players in reserve grade just in case their topliners are out with a tweak.

Incorrect

Coach
The kid is good but please save blokes like him and Cleary for a few years to develop!

He tried his guts out today but was monstered at times by the Cows who were waiting for him. Still managed to show a few touches of class though.

We have some good backrowers. Let him go for a few years.
I hate this "let's not throw them in too early" attitude. As I posted in the Mitch Pearce thread after the Origin 3 debacle, QLD threw a rookie in to a spine position in a decider.... He brained them.

Why should NSW wait longer to throw someone like Crichton in? The bloke is good enough already, he'll be even more ready come June 2018.

If we don't start picking the bloke's who might win a series ASAP we'll be doomed to definitely lose series in the meantime while we're waiting for others to be ready... The origin cash cow will be no more at this rate... People will stop turning up to watch a la 1988 when there were spare seats galore at the SFS when QLD were handing us our ass on a plate

POPEYE

Coach
Watmough whole career can't be judged by what he did at Parramatta where he was in his twilight. People have short memory's.
Yes you're right, better to judge someone on his whole career . . . now I've done that, what's your point

Bronco18

Juniors
I hate this "let's not throw them in too early" attitude. As I posted in the Mitch Pearce thread after the Origin 3 debacle, QLD threw a rookie in to a spine position in a decider.... He brained them.

Bit different when he combines with his club 9, 7 and 1, who are among the all time best (if not the all time best) in their positions.

EDIT: should clarify, Crichton could do well as a backrower for NSW. But there's a bit of an irony in saying blood a rookie in Origin when mentioning Pearce in the same post. For mine, that was the catalyst of his terrible Origin career.

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
Apparently he has had a broken bone in his foot for weeks, but in typical Maguire fashion he's being made to play through it.

Madge is seriously a f**kwit

rabbitohs95

Bench
Apparently he has had a broken bone in his foot for weeks, but in typical Maguire fashion he's being made to play through it.

Madge is seriously a f**kwit
I'm sure Crichton had a say in it. We've got enough backrowers to fill a top 13. Stop making assumptions.

Pedge1971

First Grade

Why should NSW wait longer to throw someone like Crichton in? The bloke is good enough already, he'll be even more ready come June 2018.

If we don't start picking the bloke's who might win a series ASAP we'll be doomed to definitely lose series in the meantime while we're waiting for others to be ready... The origin cash cow will be no more at this rate... People will stop turning up to watch a la 1988 when there were spare seats galore at the SFS when QLD were handing us our ass on a plate

Munster had several years in 1st grade, playednin a grand final and was picked in a spine that contained his club players in the other positions. Hardly comparable...

rabbitohs95

Bench
The prototype modern day backrower. Not a tatted-up young jerk either.

Will be interesting to see how much he commands on the open market if he hasn't re-signed by November.
Good country kid. Isn't a moron either. Does work with Indigenous kids too. Exactly what I like seeing in footy players, not only talented but a leader on and off the field. Parents must be proud.

Danish

Referee
I'm sure Crichton had a say in it. We've got enough backrowers to fill a top 13. Stop making assumptions.

Players will take the field with one leg, broken ribs, and a concussion if the medical and coaching staff will allow them.

A broken bone in your foot can easily turn into a 12+ month lay off if it becomes a proper break. There is no reason to risk him given Souths season is essentially over

rabbitohs95

Bench
Players will take the field with one leg, broken ribs, and a concussion if the medical and coaching staff will allow them.

A broken bone in your foot can easily turn into a 12+ month lay off if it becomes a proper break. There is no reason to risk him given Souths season is essentially over
Well potentially the club would've said 'Look, you can still play but there's a chance it could break, it's up to you' and maybe he agreed to it. Who knows? All I'm saying is you can't talk shit unless you know the facts. Then again, look who I'm talking to.

yobbo84

First Grade
If we don't offer him a 5+ year contract at top dollar and the captaincy post-GI, we're nuts. The kid is a gun, a good guy, a natural leader - you build sides around guys like that.

big hit!

Bench
provides infinite value to souths as he doesn't regularly drop the ball, is disciplined in defence, and doesn't give away penalties. would be same for NSW

everything else is a bonus