What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones II

saint.nick

Coach
That looked like it was near Lyanna crypt, maybe Jon was pissed off because Littlefinger revealed who his parents are
I fkn hope that's the case. Imagine taking a walk down in the crypt and having Littlefinger of all people tell you that your 'aunty' is actually your mum who ran away with a Targaryen, you'd defo think he's trying to wind you up because he's Littlefinger

saint.nick

Coach
GRRM recently said that none of the 4 series in pre production are Dunk and Egg or Robert's Rebellion.
1) He wants to write numerous Dunk and Egg novellas without a tv show overtaking again
2) Everything worth telling about Roberts Rebellion will be told in ASOIAF/GOT
Yeah seems like a good decision when you think about it.

I never even cared much for Dunk and Egg anyway, surely there are more epic tales to be told than Dunk and Egg?

Vozzy

Juniors
Anyone hoping the night king turns danys big dragon into an ice dragon.

Also the 3 eyed raven told bran he will fly. Be awesome if he could warg into a dragon.

Aragorn

First Grade
Did a re-run of Esp 9 and 10 from last season.

Man, I forgot how good those two episodes were.

Still has the wow factor each time I watch it.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
GRRM recently said that none of the 4 series in pre production are Dunk and Egg or Robert's Rebellion.
1) He wants to write numerous Dunk and Egg novellas without a tv show overtaking again
2) Everything worth telling about Roberts Rebellion will be told in ASOIAF/GOT

Im super keen for a general World of Ice and Fire anthology series, with stand-alone episodes and 2/3/4 parters (i imagine something between Black Mirror and American Horror Story)...

The "Broken Man" episode really stuck out in how well they created this self contained story (of course, we have the Hounds backstory and it will lead into more things, but it works just as well on its own).

One episode on the streets of Bravos, the next a 4-part series on the Dance of the Dragon, then a maester in the citadel narrating the apparent history on Asshai or Old Nan narrating the Age of Heros.

You can give writers and directors heaps of creative freedom because there is no strict style to stick to. I think thats the best they could do...

Zachary Smith

Juniors
Hope the Sand Sisters still make an appearance, especially Tyene Sand. Everything may move away from Dorne and they'll be forgotten.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Hope the Sand Sisters still make an appearance, especially Tyene Sand. Everything may move away from Dorne and they'll be forgotten.
The last episode roped Dorne back in so we'll probably be seeing them again. After watching Iron Fist I have a new appreciation for Nymeria Sand too.

For mine the Dorne storyline has been the only thing they’ve dropped the ball on, especially where Doran is concerned. Book Doran is Tywin levels of clever but they made him out to be a naïve halfwit.

Aragorn

First Grade
Opening scene was sooo predictable.

Enjoyable as a first bite. Nothing particularly wowish although the bar was really high......

roll on episode 2...

Danish

Referee
So Ed Sheeran is part of the Lannister army apparently

Yeah that was the only part of the Ep I didn't like - as in him doing a cameo specifically, the scene was actually good.

I'm hoping there aren't any more non-actor celebs going to pop in. The show is better than that.

Oh, and I didn't like the topknot joke by the hound. Was completely out of place to have a modern term tossed in there.

Other than those 2 tiny things was a good episode setting the scene for the season. Hopefully it's the only one of this type though as we only have 7 eps this seasons