What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 2017 TV RATINGS!

j5o6hn

Juniors
Ch 7 is popular in Perth because it shows AFL it also had the field in Commercial TV to its self for many yrs till 9 opened,runs Telethon & a number of other things spend half its time promoting Eagles/Dockers players from both teams are on ABC radio commercial FM AM stations you cannot escape it.
Brainwashing raised to an art form.apart from Football 7 to me is a dreadful channel but so are 9 10 & on Radio its AFL is propagandized to death 24/7 helps that Stokes who owns 7 also owns the 6 days a week Worst Australian & the 1 day Sundry Slimes,the thoughts of chairman Stokes are always with us in Perth

colly

Juniors
Ch 7 is popular in Perth because it shows AFL it also had the field in Commercial TV to its self for many yrs till 9 opened,runs Telethon & a number of other things spend half its time promoting Eagles/Dockers players from both teams are on ABC radio commercial FM AM stations you cannot escape it.
Brainwashing raised to an art form.apart from Football 7 to me is a dreadful channel but so are 9 10 & on Radio its AFL is propagandized to death 24/7 helps that Stokes who owns 7 also owns the 6 days a week Worst Australian & the 1 day Sundry Slimes,the thoughts of chairman Stokes are always with us in Perth

The TV ratings figures for Sunday football AFL is a CON. Different games different channells, multi channels.
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2017/07/sunday-16-july-2017.html
In SYD Melb it's one game in Melbourne, for Perth (different time zone) it's anther game. But they combine two different games and so out-rate NRL. AFL Fake Figures.
Go Beau show those AFL Fu##e#s.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The TV ratings figures for Sunday football AFL is a CON. Different games different channells, multi channels.
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2017/07/sunday-16-july-2017.html
In SYD Melb it's one game in Melbourne, for Perth (different time zone) it's anther game. But they combine two different games and so out-rate NRL. AFL Fake Figures.
Go Beau show those AFL Fu##e#s.

Makes you wonder how they got so much money for their tv deal when they don't even have stand alone product. Either they are very good negotiators or we are very bad. With combined content the amount of FTA game time that actually gets shown is significantly reduced.

taipan

Referee
Makes you wonder how they got so much money for their tv deal when they don't even have stand alone product. Either they are very good negotiators or we are very bad. With combined content the amount of FTA game time that actually gets shown is significantly reduced.

The negotiators for the AFL: were Perth born with Pommy parents.Brilliant at finalising deals with a smile on their faces.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Another reason our deal was so sht in comparison. Take value of Origin out and the FTA component of the NRL coverage looks pathetic when you take this showing of dfferent games at same time on different channels into account. Either Seven paid massive overs or Nine paid massive unders.

taipan

Referee
Another reason our deal was so sht in comparison. Take value of Origin out and the FTA component of the NRL coverage looks pathetic when you take this showing of dfferent games at same time on different channels into account. Either Seven paid massive overs or Nine paid massive unders.

Whichever way you care to dissect it you can always find issues.The facts are SOO rates its t*ts off,secures not only large monies from Nein,but also large quantities of the folding stuff from sponsors.And achieves more publicity for the game, that money can't buy in non heartland States.
The Awful mob are lusting after it ,if you believe media comments.

Our deal is for 5years the AWFULs is 6 years, (allowing for Rupert chucking a PR type wettie),the per year monies ,based on 9 matches not 8 ,and a longer game time than ours.
We get according to the NRL to control scheduling from 2018.

The TV ratings for AWFUL in Sydney are just plain awful ,despite all the money and publicity for games such as the Battle of the Bridge.

We could have waited negotiating another 12 months, and maybe got less.You call it sh*t,we'll see when they allocate the sh*t from next year.

Perth Red

Post Whore
But if afl are playing games at the same time on sevens different channels then. They aren't getting 4 fta stand alone games, they aren't getting 4 longer games and they aren't getting 4 games of full value adds. take the highly valuable origin out of the nine fta deal and suddenLy you have seven paying a motza for 2- 2.5 equivalent games compared to nines 3 games, especially as nine saved even more by selling the fourth game and simucast to fox. The deal,looks sht which ever way up you look at it.

Basically for 3fta games awek of nrl nine ended up paying a yearly fee of $185mill minus $40mill it got from fox for Saturday game and simucast minus value of SOO (which some have valued at $100mill) pretty good deal!

Seven paid for 3.5fta games $150mill with some of the games overlapping on different channels.

Last edited:

taipan

Referee
But if afl are playing games at the same time on sevens different channels then. They aren't getting 4 fta stand alone games, they aren't getting 4 longer games and they aren't getting 4 games of full value adds. take the highly valuable origin out of the nine fta deal and suddenLy you have seven paying a motza for 2- 2.5 equivalent games compared to nines 3 games, especially as nine saved even more by selling the fourth game and simucast to fox. The deal,looks sht which ever way up you look at it.

Basically for 3fta games awek of nrl nine ended up paying a yearly fee of $185mill minus $40mill it got from fox for Saturday game and simucast minus value of SOO (which some have valued at $100mill) pretty good deal!

Seven paid for 3.5fta games $150mill with some of the games overlapping on different channels.

Whatever 7 paid with Fox,they still paid on the basis of 18 teams spread across 5 states, we got not that much different with 16 teams over 3 states .On a per minute playing time ,the NRL shats over the AFL.
Whatever 9 paid and Fox ditto's not that far off the mark for the NRL.

When you consider from Gallop/News first negotiating involvement being left at the gate, $500m over 6 tears to $780 over 5 years for AWFUl,the code has been having to work from behind from tax day onwards.
All TV execs have to say in their argument ,but it's a 30% increase on 500m, yet we have a fair idea it could have been a 30% increase on 700m.Trading up if you will.

The so called sh*t money ,started way back in the $500m over 6 years debacle, and we have been punished for it ever since, because of the lower starting price base.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Whatever 7 paid with Fox,they still paid on the basis of 18 teams spread across 5 states, we got not that much different with 16 teams over 3 states .On a per minute playing time ,the NRL shats over the AFL.
Whatever 9 paid and Fox ditto's not that far off the mark for the NRL.

When you consider from Gallop/News first negotiating involvement being left at the gate, $500m over 6 tears to $780 over 5 years for AWFUl,the code has been having to work from behind from tax day onwards.
All TV execs have to say in their argument ,but it's a 30% increase on 500m, yet we have a fair idea it could have been a 30% increase on 700m.Trading up if you will.

The so called sh*t money ,started way back in the $500m over 6 years debacle, and we have been punished for it ever since, because of the lower starting price base.

Your ignoring value of soo and for seven that they simucast games against each other cannobolising the audience and advert value.

On the face of it $850mill for 5 years from nine looked a great deal but turns out not so great after all.

taipan

Referee
Your ignoring value of soo and for seven that they simucast games against each other cannobolising the audience and advert value.

On the face of it $850mill for 5 years from nine looked a great deal but turns out not so great after all.

No I'm not. And I've spelt out the starting point where we lost the plot.
Do we really know the actual value of the latest SOO deal? If you believe media then good luck.
In fact Fox playing live all games ,and all games against 9 is cannibalising Nein's audience.The reason their audience in the main has taken a hit, plus the dopy commentators they have on the job.

I have stated many times if Smith had not gone gung ho early alone ,almost assuredly and judging by Rupe's comments,we'd have been better off.
Human nature works on the basis usually, you try and get me via the back door, you end up paying the price.Revenge is sweet.and we got "revenged".

You have openly admitted time after time, the money the NRL is getting is more than enough for expansion,grassroots and players.yet you bang on it's sh*t.
Seriously, you and Trump change with the breeze.Flip ,flop.
You are also completely ignoring AWFUL has more ad spots ,because of their dragged out game.

Perth Red

Post Whore
No I'm not. And I've spelt out the starting point where we lost the plot.
Do we really know the actual value of the latest SOO deal? If you believe media then good luck.
In fact Fox playing live all games ,and all games against 9 is cannibalising Nein's audience.The reason their audience in the main has taken a hit, plus the dopy commentators they have on the job.

I have stated many times if Smith had not gone gung ho early alone ,almost assuredly and judging by Rupe's comments,we'd have been better off.
Human nature works on the basis usually, you try and get me via the back door, you end up paying the price.Revenge is sweet.and we got "revenged".

You have openly admitted time after time, the money the NRL is getting is more than enough for expansion,grassroots and players.yet you bang on it's sh*t.
Seriously, you and Trump change with the breeze.Flip ,flop.
You are also completely ignoring AWFUL has more ad spots ,because of their dragged out game.

Just to clarify, Its sht in comparison to our main competitor. And yes I believe there is no excuse for the NRL not to be thriving on a revenue increase in 7 years from $180mill to over $500mill!

And you keep ignoring the value of origin and the fact their 3.5 games are overlapping at the same time whilst our 3 are stand alone and the fact more people watch NRL. Yes they have more ad breaks, more capital city exposure and that's about it in their favour. Stop making excuses for the sht performance of the commission and the NRL management.

taipan

Referee
Just to clarify, Its sht in comparison to our main competitor. And yes I believe there is no excuse for the NRL not to be thriving on a revenue increase in 7 years from $180mill to over $500mill!

And you keep ignoring the value of origin and the fact their 3.5 games are overlapping at the same time whilst our 3 are stand alone and the fact more people watch NRL. Yes they have more ad breaks, more capital city exposure and that's about it in their favour. Stop making excuses for the sht performance of the commission and the NRL management.

A great deflection.Sh*t is sh*t whatever the package even polished, you called the description for the Tv deal, you live with it.
If it's that bad, there is no money for expansion which you claim it has.You sound like the Pom that organised the Brexit stuff up.

Clarify!!!.I've spelt it out.Do I have to write in Swahili for a Pom who thinks he's on the first Fleet as Captain.
You go tell em son.You are the negotiator extraordinaire.
You have no more flipping idea than I do, as to the real worth of Origin .Yes it's worth a packet.
.I'll say this Gyngell when he was talking about bringing in a bigger NRL TV deal, suggested perhaps the game try quarters,allowing for more ad revenue.He was knocked on the head.

We have Origin 3 of the beauties the Awful mob don't,and whilst we got it we should flog it here there and everywhere in this country.

I don't ignore the value of origin FFS.I have stated Origin brings in extra sponsorship monies, huge gate monies and promotes the code throughout this country and overseas.get yourself a new set of glasses or have your irises lasered .

Smith went in early with ch9,and secured what he thought was the be all and end all deal.The whole shebang went a*se up.
You can bang on like sheila possessed , but the admin needs to get off its a*se and promote, grow the grassroots, pay the players rightly so and expand at the right time when the other bases have ben covered.We are getting rogered by the Awful at grassroots by the sheer volume of money7 they are throwing around.
I'm not making excuses for anyone ,I'm spelling out the the monetary situation ,the Smith situation,which you can't grasp.
You carry on like an armchair general who has never face combat,throwing pins at maps to justify his existence,And your perpetual whining is just a replication of that.Offering nothing construcitvely.just bagging.Jack Gibson has a word for that type, Santa critics.

Perth Red

Post Whore
$500mill plus revenue in 2018. Massive revenue increase in short space of time. Still no money to do anything and having to get a loan. It's a joke!

$850 for 5 years sounded great until you consider what nine really paid after the onselling to fox and the value of origin then put it next to what seven paid for 4 simucast fta games, suddenly the $850 looks unders yet again.

taipan

Referee
$500mill plus revenue in 2018. Massive revenue increase in short space of time. Still no money to do anything and having to get a loan. It's a joke!

$850 for 5 years sounded great until you consider what nine really paid after the onselling to fox and the value of origin then put it next to what seven paid for 4 simucast fta games, suddenly the $850 looks unders yet again.

It wouldn't matter if it was $1bn over 5 years ,you'd still find a reason to whinge.The only reason you are doing this is because you don't have a team, in place.No other reason,just an out and out bitchfest.

Haven't you been paying attention in class?The RLPA are wanting 29% of the revenues and are going hell to leather for it,the NRL wants to put aside larger sums for grassroots which the code since Moffatt,Gallop,Smith,Grant ,Greenberg appear to have forgotten about in the past.
Throw in whatever this digital dept costs, and journos involved don't come cheap, (except of course one journo in Sydney who is cheap no names).

Throw in the continual funding the NRL has to put in to keep T*ts and knights affloat.
You can bet there will be more $1m players going around ,and more earning $700-$1m.It all has to come from somewhere.
I do know there were huge payouts on execs who left mid contract, and some of that would be reflected in last years' figures.I do know more funding is going toward women's rl,and so it should.
You think the refs and sideline flag wavers are not going to want more biscuits?

What if the NRL decided to subsidise junior insurance? just saying.

" $850 looks unders" How in Monkey Mia's name would you or I know whether it was.It could be, whether it is or isn't ,that's what we have to play with plus News money.
Rupe or the Nein heavies are not going to come out and suggest"Oops we got it wrong,that media expert from Perth,who speaks with a plum in his throat,has suggested we ripped off the NRL ,and he has the figures to prove it.Let's renegotiate."

The gate has closed, the bun's out of the oven,Japan and Germany came 2nd in WW2.We can't change the past, we live with what's in front of us.
The RLPA have seen where the money has been spent/wasted.Have you?"

I'm getting to the stage of just about refusing to go into a debate , against an unarmed opponent.

Perth Red

Post Whore
ignore is your friend! I've found the site much more enjoyable after hitting ignore on el dribbler. You might like to do same with me as you seem to be getting somewhat obsessed and it can't be healthy for you lol.

taipan

Referee
ignore is your friend! I've found the site much more enjoyable after hitting ignore on el dribbler. You might like to do same with me as you seem to be getting somewhat obsessed and it can't be healthy for you lol.

You see by letting you continue unchallenged on some of your seemingly ignorant comments, only gives you a dictatorial power surge.
Ironic, you just happen to respond to everyone of my posts. Shooting the messenger ,won't get you early expansion.Neither will blasting the current financial situation at NRL head office.
My health is of a non whining variety,let's leave it at that.

Latest posts