What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Whare is a lot better. The other 2 are about the same level as goodwin

Only reason I put whare on the same level is because his struggle with injuries has really set back his career. I haven't seen him return to his best yet and with a lot of confidence either. If he never had those injuries he would be among some of the best centres in the NRL!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well it's not actually a fact... If Goodwin was only offered a 1 year deal by us and not offered a deal by any other NRL club it kind of proves that his no better than the average NRL centre?

You're blinded by your love for the guy. Which I can understand as Damien Cook is one of my favourite players..
I think if Goodwin's manager enquired he'd have been offered deals by other clubs...... he wasn't interested at all in pursuing that though and wanted a change of scenery in England after a tough personal time with family as you know.......

That's why.......

I'm certain if you met the guy he'd say exactly that......

Rabbits20

Immortal
Whare is a lot better. The other 2 are about the same level as goodwin
Whare better than Goodwin.......

No way and I have seen a lot of them play!!!!!!

Goodwin is loved by nearly all the Souths faithful but a few in here are highly critical.......... many are devesated he's going!!!!!!!

When Goodwin is interviewed or after games just read the comments on Facebook.... that'll give you a great insight plus when it was announced he was leaving just look at the hundreds and hundreds of devastated members... FACT....

Rabbits20

Immortal
Ayshford and Chase Stanley on the same level as Goodwin....;

Shadow am I reading this......??????...

Ayshford and Stanley are duds......

Maybe I should go into Souths Facebook and post that......... or the Warren, I know what the reactions will be.....

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I think if Goodwin's manager enquired he'd have been offered deals by other clubs...... he wasn't interested at all in pursuing that though and wanted a change of scenery in England after a tough personal time with family as you know.......

That's why.......

Even so if Goodwin was anywhere near as good as you state he is, Souths would of definitely offered him a 2 year contract because as he stated it wasn't the money that was the problem more the length of the deal..

The reality is R20 that the only clubs that would of offered Goodwin an NRL a contract would've been the struggling clubs like tigers and knights. Probably not even the knights..

None of the top 8 sides would recruit a player like Goodwin. Instead they chose to recruit an injury prone player like gray.

I'm not trying to disrespect Goodwin in any way. I believe there are a lot of underperformers in our squad and Goodwin definitely ISN'T one of them. I haven't seen the Burgess twins put together consistent performances, gray has been well below average, Reynolds has been shocking for the majority of the year it's only the last few rounds he's started to step up, Turner has failed to cement a spot in the starting 17, Walker is terribly inconsistent, Talakai is a front rower playing in the centres.. the list goes on for 2017

Bunnies_Pride

Juniors
Whare better than Goodwin.......

No way and I have seen a lot of them play!!!!!!

Goodwin is loved by nearly all the Souths faithful but a few in here are highly critical.......... many are devesated he's going!!!!!!!

When Goodwin is interviewed or after games just read the comments on Facebook.... that'll give you a great insight plus when it was announced he was leaving just look at the hundreds and hundreds of devastated members... FACT....

And Panthers fans love whare and I'm sure when whare is interviewed he gets lot's of positive comments as well.

Whare is far and away a better player, hence when fit he is an automatic starter for NZ while Goodwin hasn't played for NZ since Australia ran riot against him at Old Trafford.

Sandow was loved by the fans and plenty were devasted on social media when he left as well. Same with Damien cook, well liked but only just above a nsw cup player.

Last edited:

CAFPOW

Juniors
Matt Johns said the difference between Qld/Storm and NSW these past 11 years is character. I think our players are no doubt talented but the passion is not there. Souths is a lot like NSW. They have the talent, but not the ticker

Last edited:

Itsamansgame

Juniors
I'm not going to disclose my source on this information,but it has been stated professionally that it would be more beneficial for GI not to return to the game and risk another long term injury that could trigger greater psychological issues than he has now.
It is of the opinion that they continue to work with him now in acceptance of his current situation and find more suitable outcomes for him.

Rabbit toes

First Grade

That's why.......

Easily the most clueless post I've read on here. You have zero idea of any offers his manager may or may not have received so anything you write after is purely hypothetical. Not "that's why"
Assuming what players will tell you now are we? You really are a sad troll.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I'm not going to disclose my source on this information,but it has been stated professionally that it would be more beneficial for GI not to return to the game and risk another long term injury that could trigger greater psychological issues than he has now.
It is of the opinion that they continue to work with him now in acceptance of his current situation and find more suitable outcomes for him.

This could be a huge blow to us but also a blessing in disguise. If his money was out of the salary cap. Recruit some solid outside backs and give AJ or Gagai a chance at fullback.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
I'd hate to not see him lace the boots again. With or without a Souths jersey.

Rabbits20

Immortal

That's why.......

Re-read this Souths til I die and you have your answer.......

I believe a club like the Raiders would've offered him a deal if he WAS INTERESTED IN PURSUING IT WHICH HE WAS NOT!!!!!!!

Even the Warriors would love to have a player like Bryson who is much better than dud Ayshford!!!!!!!

No clubs would take Tyrrell or Clark and that is so easy to see.....

Rabbits20

Immortal
The problem wasn't the length of the deal I don't think. It was about the right time to have a change after a tough year here family wise..........

Oh and if GI goes (which I think won't happen and he will play on) just solid backs isn't the answer......

We need a couple of guns................

Also if Maloney or Cronk come then Cody will go...... FACT...... Cody wants to be a 5/8 not a fullback..........

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
And Panthers fans love whare and I'm sure when whare is interviewed he gets lot's of positive comments as well.

Whare is far and away a better player, hence when fit he is an automatic starter for NZ while Goodwin hasn't played for NZ since Australia ran riot against him at Old Trafford.

Sandow was loved by the fans and plenty were devasted on social media when he left as well. Same with Damien cook, well liked but only just above a nsw cup player.
I know some Panthers fans and they think Whare is average and that Blake has much more potential.......

Whare will never be the player Goodwin was or is............... I suggest you ask Shadow!!!! Plus go onto Facebook and ask Souths members......

I don't ever see Whare score many tries off cross field kicks or do lots of shit work or save tries........ I've watched a lot of Whare too......

The thing that is most hilarious though is the fact for the last few seasons before the seasons begun Goodwin was hoed into regularly on here and it was said he'd be dropped and just this year that Burns and Jennings are better choices which I found hilarious.......... once again Goodwin proved all the doubters wrong with his head down bum up approach of getting done like I knew he would.......

Oh and it was said Tyrrell is in the same level as Bryson.... well Tyrrell proved himself once again to be past it and has played 3 first grade games this season......... I know who the clear winner is here.......

Even dud Turner has been dropped thank goodness......... He was far too comfy and didn't get his hands dirty enough or put his all in.........

We have too many players who don't have the head down bum up approach...... if only we had a team of Goodwin's......

I was happy when Sandow went.......

As for Cook he's a gun........

Last edited:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Re-read this Souths til I die and you have your answer.......

I believe a club like the Raiders would've offered him a deal if he WAS INTERESTED IN PURSUING IT WHICH HE WAS NOT!!!!!!!

Even the Warriors would love to have a player like Bryson who is much better than dud Ayshford!!!!!!!

No clubs would take Tyrrell or Clark and that is so easy to see.....

Yeah I've read the whole thing mate. I know he has had tough circumstances but he has stated that he would of stayed at Souths if he was offered a longer deal. The longer deal would of given him more security having a family and everything. When the mole stated that Souths should of kept him Bryson Goodwin even liked the statement. He wanted to stay at Souths but Souths weren't willing to offer him more than a year.

No way Bryson is better than Croker and Leilua. They are both in contention for NSW. As for ayshford yes he would probably be better than him but ayshford is also younger and has a couple of years extra on him. Kata is twice the player Goodwin is as well.

I agree, I don't think Clark or Tyrell would make it at any other club. They're a poor mans Matt Prior. But I also don't believe Goodwin would of been recruited by a decent club either. He is a solid player but his inability to break the kiwis side over Whare (who you call a dud) displays he is past his best footy.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yeah I've read the whole thing mate. I know he has had tough circumstances but he has stated that he would of stayed at Souths if he was offered a longer deal. The longer deal would of given him more security having a family and everything. When the mole stated that Souths should of kept him Bryson Goodwin even liked the statement. He wanted to stay at Souths but Souths weren't willing to offer him more than a year.

No way Bryson is better than Croker and Leilua. They are both in contention for NSW. As for ayshford yes he would probably be better than him but ayshford is also younger and has a couple of years extra on him. Kata is twice the player Goodwin is as well.

I agree, I don't think Clark or Tyrell would make it at any other club. They're a poor mans Matt Prior. But I also don't believe Goodwin would of been recruited by a decent club either. He is a solid player but his inability to break the kiwis side over Whare (who you call a dud) displays he is past his best footy.
Where did Bryson state that???? Source???....

At his age now I can see why the club didn't give him the 2yr deal........

The Titans would've been another club that'd take Goodwin.....

Selectors of sides can be bias though........ I've given up on international footy........

Whilst you say Goodwin wouldn't make it at a top club, at least he'd make it at a club unlike Tyrrell or Clark......

Goodwin also was with the Dogs too as you know previously....

Bunnies_Pride

Juniors
I know some Panthers fans and they think Whare is average and that Blake has much more potential.......

Whare will never be the player Goodwin was or is............... I suggest you ask Shadow!!!! Plus go onto Facebook and ask Souths members......

I don't ever see Whare score many tries off cross field kicks or do lots of shit work or save tries........ I've watched a lot of Whare too......

The thing that is most hilarious though is the fact for the last few seasons before the seasons begun Goodwin was hoed into regularly on here and it was said he'd be dropped and just this year that Burns and Jennings are better choices which I found hilarious.......... once again Goodwin proved all the doubters wrong with his head down bum up approach of getting done like I knew he would.......

Oh and it was said Tyrrell is in the same level as Bryson.... well Tyrrell proved himself once again to be past it and has played 3 first grade games this season......... I know who the clear winner is here.......

Even dud Turner has been dropped thank goodness......... He was far too comfy and didn't get his hands dirty enough or put his all in.........

We have too many players who don't have the head down bum up approach...... if only we had a team of Goodwin's......

I was happy when Sandow went.......

As for Cook he's a gun........

Most souths fans i know think Goodwin is very average and gray has more potential.

See i can make anecdotal statememts as well, doesn't mean it's true.

I think the fact that whare has always been chosen over Goodwin shows that at the very least the one team that has the power to choose between them always goes for Whare.

Shitwork isn't the only criteria for a centre. Talaki makes almost exactly the same amount of metres each game, does that make him Goodwins equal?

The Tyrrell and Turner comparison is an interesting one, but probably accurate. Tyrrell, Turner and Goodwin have all played mostly in first grade, but all have been dropped. The difference is goodwin was dropped when we won a premiership so if anything that argument is more in T&T advantage.

Latest posts