What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I can never spell his name right but young doueihi looks like a keeper. I wouldn't be surprised if that's another reason why pulled out of the race for Maloney. Kid has a bright future. Souths just need to stop letting their juniors go.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I think we have a solid squad.

We've been both unlucky with injuries, lack of depth and combinations.

On paper our best side for 2017 looks something like this;

1. Greg Inglis (injured)
2. Alex Johnston
3. Hymel Hunt (injured)
4. Aaron Gray (injured)/Bryson Goodwin
5. Bryson Goodwin/Aaron Gray
6. Cody Walker (out of position currently)
7. Adam Reynolds
8. George Burgess
9. Robbie Farah
10. Kyle Turner
11. Tyrell Fuimaono
12. Angus Crichton
13. Sam Burgess (c)

14. Damien Cook
15. Jason Clark
16. Tom Burgess
17. Zane Musgrove

I have no doubt if that team, or a team with very little changes to that, takes the field consistently, we compete for a spot in the top 8.

Unfortunately the footy gods have frowned upon us and these injuries have caught up to us in a massive way.

I think we've really grown with the absence of GI, and even when Reynolds has been injured, to say, we rely less on them to win games.

I think with a bit of luck this team can go far, and with the youngsters pushing their cause, we just need a few veterans in their prime to help shake things up.

Don't care if we win or lose by 50, I'm still a Souths man.

Go you Rabbitohs.

You're completely right. If you get injuries you don't win the comp... except for the storm haha..

doyen

Bench
You're completely right. If you get injuries you don't win the comp... except for the storm haha..

On injuries--it looks like Sam maybe out for the season with a rib injury!!

In a way that's good-----give him the full break--he's earned it!!

We have Dasher & Prancer in our side maybe it's time to give the greatest reindeer of all his debut to replace Sam----from the BEARS!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
On injuries--it looks like Sam maybe out for the season with a rib injury!!

In a way that's good-----give him the full break--he's earned it!!

We have Dasher & Prancer in our side maybe it's time to give the greatest reindeer of all his debut to replace Sam----from the BEARS!!

I agree. Cam Murray needs to play in the number 13 jersey. Madge is in some serious trouble right now. The only thing that would allow him to keep his job is the injury toll souths have had this year.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
We need a cleanout.......

Squad depth is poor....

I thought our young players were better than our older players last night. Reynolds was pretty poor, so was Sutton besides his try, Farah was extremely poor in defence and Tyrrell is well... Tyrrell. Tries his heart out but doesn't really make an impact on the game.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I thought our young players were better than our older players last night. Reynolds was pretty poor, so was Sutton besides his try, Farah was extremely poor in defence and Tyrrell is well... Tyrrell. Tries his heart out but doesn't really make an impact on the game.
Tyrrell, Clark, Farah etc... need to go plus a few others off Shadows list........

Rabbits20

Immortal
I don't know Souths til I die how many times I say it but Cook was strong again last night.....

Farah is past it... FACT...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Well people constantly talk about having 1 hooker is better for the side and I tend to agree. At the end of the day they're both not as good as Luke but cook is a lot cheaper and can provide as an 80 minute hooker. Farah is wasted cap space next year. He is a lot more expensive than cook and doesn't really offer much more than cook.

Pommy

Coach
Well people constantly talk about having 1 hooker is better for the side and I tend to agree. At the end of the day they're both not as good as Luke but cook is a lot cheaper and can provide as an 80 minute hooker. Farah is wasted cap space next year. He is a lot more expensive than cook and doesn't really offer much more than cook.

But he is signed so how does this wisdom help our situation?

On the plus side I've got tickets to see Neil DeGrasse Tyson next Saturday and then I'm on afternoon shift for 6 weeks, so I'm now free of being subjected to that shit until next season.

Well actually England will no doubt fill the void in October/November.

Bunnies_Pride

Juniors
Farah is signed for next season.

The whole 'he is taking up cap space' argument doesn't come into it if the rumours that we have tonnes of cap space free are true.

We are pretty much stuck with farah and cook, there are no decent hookers available for next season. So the challenge is for cook to outplay Farah before the start of 2019. If he can't outplay farah in that time, and considering farah is so far past his best, then we should start looking at getting a new hooker in for 2019.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
But he is signed so how does this wisdom help our situation?

On the plus side I've got tickets to see Neil DeGrasse Tyson next Saturday and then I'm on afternoon shift for 6 weeks, so I'm now free of being subjected to that shit until next season.

Well actually England will no doubt fill the void in October/November.

I'm hopeful there are clubs in the ESL which would take Farah, considering it's a retirement facility ;)

Farah is signed for next season.

The whole 'he is taking up cap space' argument doesn't come into it if the rumours that we have tonnes of cap space free are true.

We are pretty much stuck with farah and cook, there are no decent hookers available for next season. So the challenge is for cook to outplay Farah before the start of 2019. If he can't outplay farah in that time, and considering farah is so far past his best, then we should start looking at getting a new hooker in for 2019.

I personally don't believe that hooker is our problem at all. Our problem lies in the class of our outside backs if anything. We're too used to GI doing everything. In saying this though we don't need to waste money on the position and we can shift that money to positions that are weak in our team. Prop cough cough.

I would try to get another overseas club to pay for Farah. Souths won't do it though. It's embarrassing for the club to admit how stupid it was signing him in the first place.

Mr Spock!

Referee

Cook isn't an 80 minute player....more like 10 minutes....

Bunnies_Pride

Juniors
I'm hopeful there are clubs in the ESL which would take Farah, considering it's a retirement facility ;)

I personally don't believe that hooker is our problem at all. Our problem lies in the class of our outside backs if anything. We're too used to GI doing everything. In saying this though we don't need to waste money on the position and we can shift that money to positions that are weak in our team. Prop cough cough.

I would try to get another overseas club to pay for Farah. Souths won't do it though. It's embarrassing for the club to admit how stupid it was signing him in the first place.

Why?
We don't have cap problems, if anything we can't use the space we already have free.
So why would we get rid of farah?

If we could get a class hooker in as a substitute then definitely do it. But there are no classy hookers uncontracted for next year.

If Cook was better then him then definitely do it. But Farah has been easily the better of the 2.

Forcing farah out, which would be a hard process to do anyway, doesn't make much sense when there is actually no advantage to do so.

Unluckily we are stuck with him for 2018. We need to start planning for hooker in 2019, and make the decision if cook is the guy to lead us in that position into the future (and nothing he has done has suggested he is the player to do so) or whether we need to look outside the club for a hooker

Pommy

Coach

I believe Farah could go to England, and I said that I thought he would when he signed if he lost his blues jersey this season. I felt that was why Souths signed Cook up again as an insurance policy.

Farah is still a a capable hooker and a big name he would go very well in England/France, I just argue when people say bang average players should be offloaded there.

Pommy

Coach

Im sorry but Farah at the end of his career is better than Cook who is in his prime. Cook is the most overhyped player in the league.
Im confident Farah could have his legs amputated and still run rings around cook, excuse the pun lol.

callmack1

Staff member
So it's looking like Sam has a cracked rib which would rub him out for the rest of the season.

A huge blow but our season is over anyway and he has certainly earned his rest.

Who's captain now then? Farah? Reyno? Sutton?

Bunnies_Pride

Juniors
I believe Farah could go to England, and I said that I thought he would when he signed if he lost his blues jersey this season. I felt that was why Souths signed Cook up again as an insurance policy.

Farah is still a a capable hooker and a big name he would go very well in England/France, I just argue when people say bang average players should be offloaded there.

I think the question is why would farah go to England.

The 2 main reasons someone would leave the nrl is Money or lack of oppurtunites. Farah is contracted for next year so has a guaranteed pay check. He is also still starting in the nrl and you could say he has comfortably saw of the cook challenge for his position.

So why would Farah uproot, be away from his businesses etc to go to uk for no real gain