What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 NBA Draft

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
I think it's fair enough... he's a REALLY good player in his own right.... why should he have to just sit by and be left holding up a franchise in tatters and built to suit Lebron's style of play when Lebron and his team are making noises about leaving for LA next summer.

I'm not sure it happens... but Kyrie could be a pretty good piece for a team like the Spurs. So long as they don't give up too much... they would probably give up Aldridge though... I get the feeling they want to give him up anyway...

I understand where your coming from but imo if he wants to lead a team the best thing he could do is play out the year in Cleveland and see what LeBron does. If he stays u can ask for a trade then or if James leaves the Cavs team is his plus he has Love as a secondary piece. I understand he might want to go to the spurs or Knicks but the Cavs will rightfully trade him to wherever gives them the best return. He could end up in a situation far worse or no different then he would have as the number 1 option in Cleveland

Aragorn

First Grade
I understand where your coming from but imo if he wants to lead a team the best thing he could do is play out the year in Cleveland and see what LeBron does. If he stays u can ask for a trade then or if James leaves the Cavs team is his plus he has Love as a secondary piece. I understand he might want to go to the spurs or Knicks but the Cavs will rightfully trade him to wherever gives them the best return. He could end up in a situation far worse or no different then he would have as the number 1 option in Cleveland

You're forgetting one name if he stays in Cleveland.

Dan Gilbert.

shiznit

Coach

TBH... I'm not a big fan of Bill Simmons so I take this with a grain of salt...

I would like to see what OKC would have to give up... they don't have much...

Kanter is the obvious choice... but the Knicks already have an expensive as hell Noah and Hernangomez who looks great...

If I'm the Knicks I get Adams and they have to swallow Noah...

Rod

Bench
Adams, Porzingis and Noah? I'm not sure why the Knicks would agree to that, although it is the Knicks.

Had a good laugh at the NZ media speculating about this yesterday, especially when they said Adams was 'eyeing up' the move. Just pure crap.

shiznit

Coach
Adams, Porzingis and Noah? I'm not sure why the Knicks would agree to that, although it is the Knicks.

Had a good laugh at the NZ media speculating about this yesterday, especially when they said Adams was 'eyeing up' the move. Just pure crap.
Yup... the NZ herald need to stick to rugby.

I think Kanter is the guy OKC would prefer to give up... but if I'm the Knicks I ask for Adams as he's younger, better on the boards and a much, much better defender.

But as you said... KP, Adams & Noah wouldn't fit... which is why I said that I would ask for Adams and for OKC to swallow Noah.

Which I don't think OKC would go for...

Aragorn

First Grade
You can do a 3 way trade. Knicks doesnt have to end up with Adams.

Although bigs are going cheap these days. Take Noels, he cant get no love in free agency....

shaggs

Coach
I don't know much about zizic
Good to have a real centre on the bench to replace Thompson.
Is he decent enough to cover for Thompsons disappearing acts he does in big games??

shiznit

Coach
I think with Thomas he was due for his next contract in a year or so and i think the conjecture was that with his limitations the celtics could get better on a max deal.

If it was a straight trade Kyrie and IT... I'd say Boston won... but Crowder and that pick... the Cavs got a good deal .

Rod

Bench
As soon as the Cavs nabbed the Brooklyn pick they won the trade IMO. Kyrie is obviously superior to Isaiah straight up but once you add Crowder and the pick, Cleveland did very well to set themselves up both short term and long term with this deal.

Just a shame Kyrie had to leave Cleveland, as that duo with LeBron was a lot of fun to watch. Same with Isaiah in Boston also, he'd built up a massive fanbase following there.

Millsy1

Juniors
From a fantasy point of view Kyrie wins out haha Celts can also unleash Jayson Tatum, he looks the goods.
I like the Kyrie/Hayward combo, biggest issue will be at the 4 & 5 Morris & Horford :thinking: Horford looked to be on the decline last yr he was below par.

shiznit

Coach
As soon as the Cavs nabbed the Brooklyn pick they won the trade IMO. Kyrie is obviously superior to Isaiah straight up but once you add Crowder and the pick, Cleveland did very well to set themselves up both short term and long term with this deal.

Just a shame Kyrie had to leave Cleveland, as that duo with LeBron was a lot of fun to watch. Same with Isaiah in Boston also, he'd built up a massive fanbase following there.
I think the reason why Boston gave that pick up is that it may not be as high as people think... looking at how weak the some of the teams are that Nets pick could realistically be 7th or 8th...

And even this early all the talk is the upcoming class is looking top heavy...

Special K

Coach
Boston also has the Lakers pic via Philly which has some protections but likely to land 2-5, if not they get a pick next year from the fultz trade. This is a great deal for Boston and Cleveland.

Rod

Bench
Yeah it is one of those rare ones involving superstars where it sort of benefits both teams. I think short team the Celtics are slightly worse off (but that's also related to their other off-season moves such as losing Bradley), but they still have that Lakers pick and some other room to move. Not nearly as much as they had though now that they have Horford, Irving and Hayward chewing up space. They're a lot more like a traditional Conference Finalist in that regard is how I would sum it up I guess.

The Nets might be a bit better, but I still think that pick is likely top 5. Which for the Cavs is like gold since they gave up all their picks due to being in win now mode. I think the main thing is that they now have multiple avenues they can pursue should LeBron leave and/or they don't re-sign IT.

shiznit

Coach
The Nets might be a bit better, but I still think that pick is likely top 5. Which for the Cavs is like gold since they gave up all their picks due to being in win now mode. I think the main thing is that they now have multiple avenues they can pursue should LeBron leave and/or they don't re-sign IT.

I don't think the Nets even have to get much better... the East has pretty much collapsed... and all those teams have incentive to tank... the Nets have no incentive to tank so I just don't think it will be a top 5 pick.

Rod

Bench
The Nets had no incentive to tank last season either and look what happened, and they've just lost their best player. Yes they've replaced him with a couple of ok pieces but I can't see them improving any great deal.

The East has gotten even worse but it's more the middle tier (5th to say 12th) that has bottomed out rather than the very bottom. There's maybe a couple more candidates this year to be worse than the Nets than there were last year: Atlanta, Chicago, Orlando, Indiana etc., but I think you could make a pretty good argument that all those teams bar perhaps Atlanta should be better than Brooklyn.

shiznit

Coach
The Nets had no incentive to tank last season either and look what happened, and they've just lost their best player. Yes they've replaced him with a couple of ok pieces but I can't see them improving any great deal.

The East has gotten even worse but it's more the middle tier (5th to say 12th) that has bottomed out rather than the very bottom. There's maybe a couple more candidates this year to be worse than the Nets than there were last year: Atlanta, Chicago, Orlando, Indiana etc., but I think you could make a pretty good argument that all those teams bar perhaps Atlanta should be better than Brooklyn.
I think Brooklyn will surprise...

And I wouldn't be all that shocked if Russell ends up an All Star.

Latest posts