What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett: James Roberts has been off drugs for 6 months

Pedge1971

First Grade
Wayne and Dale are building a happy little family. Is Dayne (or Wayle, maybe needs a vote?) the rugby league version of Branjelina?

Shorty

Staff member
Let me guess, Roberts is a completely clean and new man thanks to Wayne's amazing coaching.
Wayne, such a wonderful coach, unless you sign elsewhere.....

_Johnsy

Referee
This is a great example on how to deal with issues that players have.
Unfortunately once the Sydney media get a whiff of situations like this as they are unfolding, such players are hung out to dry.
It will be interesting to see if there is comment from 'opinion writers' on this story, and if there is, whether they are positive or negative.
Also interesting to note he's had & will get a saloon passage from the hacks @ the courier fail.

_Johnsy

Referee
I'd be surprised if Roberts is still playing for the Boncos come the end of season 2021.

He's bound to vomit on or grope somone who the Boncos can't keep quiet before then... he's already done the whole "rehab" thing so he'll be shown the door next time you'd think....
Ummmm Sam Thaiday.

POPEYE

Coach
Good luck to Roberts, most people would like to see him defeat his demons . . . not sure he's talented enough to become immortalized though

morley101

Juniors
Roberts played 25 games last year when he was on the occasional drug binge, the club knew it and did not suspend him. Did the Bronco's inform the integrity unit at the NRL ?

Why was he treated differently to other players ?

POPEYE

Coach
Roberts played 25 games last year when he was on the occasional drug binge, the club knew it and did not suspend him. Did the Bronco's inform the integrity unit at the NRL ?

I'm sure most clubs would value the well being if not the life of a player over getting rapped on the knuckles for non disclosure. Would make it easier if the NRL were capable of keeping it away from the gutter press while a player is being rehabilitated . . . no better way than allowing him to play during the process

Life's Good

Coach

Sadly, this will never be asked as it's buried in a story of redemption by newsislimited.

(again, if he has his sh*t together that is a good thing).

Lel textbook Bobby thread.

Raiders going shit?

Better drum up some anti-Broncos fap material.

Sorry dude, who are you again?

How did I drum up Bennett admitting Roberts is a coke head? I must be pretty powerful to get Benny to drop that bombshell.

A story worthy of discussion came up. I decided we all should discuss it, which is what I thought this forum was for.

Btw, I'm pretty sure I acted the same towards the Broncos last year and we ran 2nd.

thorson1987

Coach
He didn't make a public fool of himself though. That's the difference.

Lol.

Yeah, testing positive for illicit drugs after the NRL came out and specifically said they would be ramping up the testing around mad Mondays isn't making a public fool of himself.

Latest posts