What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

hillbillyserb

Juniors
Don't you think that clubs will clean out all the journeymen and hold onto the marquis players?
I suspect there will be lots of juniors promoted in squads and all the fringe players will be exposed to horse trading or the prospects of ESL.
For instance if the Dogs can't take Woods or Foran would we want to I hardly think so.

hillbillyserb

Juniors
Its ok to be a glass half empty but being able to pick up bargains in the chaos willbe possible, without having to mention woods

Bench
I hope doggies release Woods and the tigers tell him to piss off. Him and Farah were behind all the unrest at the Tigers

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I hope doggies release Woods and the tigers tell him to piss off. Him and Farah were behind all the unrest at the Tigers
Dogs just can't release him, he has a 4 year deal, he can choose to stay, either way he will get all his contract money...

John moz

Juniors
Just announced gold coast to approach bellamy to coach on a long term contract. The dragons and bruce gordon should settle on the sale and approach bellamy on the future on a 5 year plan would also attract cronk for a couple of years .

Frank Facer

First Grade
I just read an article on Fox Sports. It was talking about the Warriors offering Blair a 4 year deal and that we were another club who is interested in Blair, but our offer falls short of the Warriors. It then said that we/Saints have a contingency plan if we miss out on Blair. The article said that it was a younger player, who is still under contract next year, but on a modest contract. There has earlier been talk of Latu from Penrith. I think he could be the player they are talking about. He is a young forward, under contract next year and on a modest contract. I would take Latu.

I still think we need to add 2 good props to our roster for next year.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I just read an article on Fox Sports. It was talking about the Warriors offering Blair a 4 year deal and that we were another club who is interested in Blair, but our offer falls short of the Warriors. It then said that we/Saints have a contingency plan if we miss out on Blair. The article said that it was a younger player, who is still under contract next year, but on a modest contract. There has earlier been talk of Latu from Penrith. I think he could be the player they are talking about. He is a young forward, under contract next year and on a modest contract. I would take Latu.

I still think we need to add 2 good props to our roster for next year.

It was an interesting read, although I don't think its Latu. He came out recently in a Courier Mail article and denied any speculation about him leaving Penrith, saying he was really happy there.

I wouldn't drift too far from that line of thinking though... I've got a feeling it might be a Penrith player. Maybe Reagan Campbell-Gillard? Young player, modest contract.
There is no way Penrith can stay under the cap over the next couple of years, they need to shed players with the quality of youth they have coming through.
I'm doubting it's a Bulldogs player because all of their forwards are on decent contracts and aren't young at all. We should be prone in the bushes waiting for the Dogs to crumble though... Klemmer would be a huge (literally) pick up... Especially for a cheaper price.

Life's Good

Coach
It was an interesting read, although I don't think its Latu. He came out recently in a Courier Mail article and denied any speculation about him leaving Penrith, saying he was really happy there.

I wouldn't drift too far from that line of thinking though... I've got a feeling it might be a Penrith player. Maybe Reagan Campbell-Gillard? Young player, modest contract.
There is no way Penrith can stay under the cap over the next couple of years, they need to shed players with the quality of youth they have coming through.
I'm doubting it's a Bulldogs player because all of their forwards are on decent contracts and aren't young at all. We should be prone in the bushes waiting for the Dogs to crumble though... Klemmer would be a huge (literally) pick up... Especially for a cheaper price.

Matt Lodge???
No one does redemption like the Dragons. Also, comes at the right price.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Matt Lodge???
No one does redemption like the Dragons. Also, comes at the right price.

I was thinking that too. The Broncos have released him back to Sydney to play park footy. Apparently he's sick of not making any ground on his path back to first grade and wants to enjoy his footy again by playing with his mates.
I had this elaborate idea that the Dragons may have approached him and helped him devise this long-winded plan to bring him back to Sydney for his shot at redemption. Could be possible? Wouldn't surprise me.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Charlie Gubb of the warriors is being shopped around what's your opinion guys on him .I haven't seen enough of him to form an opinion.

qld redvee

Juniors
I was thinking that too. The Broncos have released him back to Sydney to play park footy. Apparently he's sick of not making any ground on his path back to first grade and wants to enjoy his footy again by playing with his mates.
I had this elaborate idea that the Dragons may have approached him and helped him devise this long-winded plan to bring him back to Sydney for his shot at redemption. Could be possible? Wouldn't surprise me.
lifes good/ tom red v- I read an article re lodge he wants to declare himself bankrupt due to the huge payment to usa that is hanging over his head so he works as a labourer etc on minimum wages less expenses goes bankrupt for 3 years still old enough then to mount a comeback to nrl. so I dont think lodge is a chance for us

Gareth67

First Grade
Would not touch Lodge with a barge - pole . Bring up Kerr to the top grade , there would be no need to ' civilised ' him as he is a decent young bloke , whom is merely waiting an opportunity to show his wares .

Charlie Gubb , apparently gives his all . Not the best prop running around , but runs onto the ball straight and hard , in a similar style to Paul Vaughan . Another metre eater , certainly worth a look .

Frank Facer

First Grade

I too thought of Campbell-Gillard as possibly the player that they were talking about in that article. I think he would be a very good pick up.

As for Latu coming out and denying any speculation that he was leaving Penrith. How many times can you recall players making a statement like that, only to sign with another club shortly after? I can remember many occasions, Brett Morris is one that comes to mind. I still think that it is Latu. Where there is smoke there is often fire.

mobels

Juniors
Charlie Gubb , apparently gives his all . Not the best prop running around , but runs onto the ball straight and hard , in a similar style to Paul Vaughan . Another metre eater , certainly worth a look .

Gubb averages 48m for 6.5 runs a game, he's absolutely terrible and can't even get a start in the worst forward pack in the game. Wouldn't touch him with a 10ft pole.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Would not touch Lodge with a barge - pole . Bring up Kerr to the top grade , there would be no need to ' civilised ' him as he is a decent young bloke , whom is merely waiting an opportunity to show his wares .

Gareth
Agree re lodge don't want him.
And how can you go wrong with a forward named grub ( he can play a bit ).
And it would be great yelling out go you grub go lol

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Gubb averages 48m for 6.5 runs a game, he's absolutely terrible and can't even get a start in the worst forward pack in the game. Wouldn't touch him with a 10ft pole.

Well a barge pole is a hell of a lot longer than 10 feet , at least twice the length , so although Charlie may not have a starting spot at the Warriors , he still comes out in front of Lodge by at least 10 feet .

Gareth
Agree re lodge don't want him.
And how can you go wrong with a forward named grub ( he can play a bit ).
And it would be great yelling out go you grb go lol

Sammy yes it would , he would become a crowd favourite with a name like that . The good thing about him is that he isn't any shrinking violet . Give the man a full 80 minutes and he would grow 10 foot tall ! :innocent: