What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Judiciary & Match Review

King hit

Coach
Coaches are spraying referees so often we should start a thread like this but about coaches fines etc.

skeepe

Immortal
Jesus Christ, the MRC were extremely light on the Sharks. No charge for Fifita's carelesss or Gallen's deliberate high tackles, and no suspension for Wade Graham.

Unbelievable.

no name

Coach
3 weeks with a guilty plea for Joe O's spear tackle.

Someone else is gonna get a broken neck and the NRL will be shocked at how it happened. Saying they take every precaution yada yada.

Should have been 6 at least.

Graham should be given the 3 that Joe O is gonna cop.

mxlegend99

Referee
3 weeks is a joke. That was more dangerous than tge one on McKinnon.

McLean copped 7 weeks purely because the player was injured. But the injury shouldnt be relevant. Tackles should be punished on severity and chance of injury.

As far as they go, that one last night was as bad as it gets really. Pure luck the player was not injured.

skeepe

Immortal

McLean copped 7 weeks purely because the player was injured. But the injury shouldnt be relevant. Tackles should be punished on severity and chance of injury.

As far as they go, that one last night was as bad as it gets really. Pure luck the player was not injured.
Completely agree.

A shoulder charge is worse than a spear tackle. Madness.

Bronco18

Juniors

I'm talking as someone who loves the Broncos and really rates Joe O.... 3 weeks is indeed a joke.

The NRL's lengthy suspensions and referrals directly to the judiciary are purely reactive and are to appease media scrutiny. If there's a serious injury, or a bad hit on a star player the suspension is always more severe which isn't how any system of deterrence should work.

I can cop McLean getting 7 weeks for his tackle and even the judiciary changing it's standards mid-season in regards to lifting tackles due to the severity of the incident. That's if it was the new standard.. It really wasn't. If you're serious about getting rid of lifting tackles, all tackles that have the potential to cause serious head/spinal injuries should be lengthy suspensions. Otherwise you have the absurd situation where McLean is suspended for an extra period of time because poor McKinnon happened to have ducked his head in a tackle. That is the only thing that made McLean's tackle worse.

Storm fans have/had every right to be filthy with McLean being the sacrificial lamb.

Similarly Raiders fans with Soliola being suspended. You can bet if Slater got up, Soliola is gone for 3 weeks tops. IF THAT.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yep. The punishment on McLean should have become the benchmark for those tackles.

No issue with him copping 7 weeks if similar ones get the same. And crazy ones get more.

But to only punish an illegal tackle harshly if there's an injury is f**king ridiculous. Players have little to fear if no one is hurt.

Amin Yashed

Juniors
Yeah agree totally, Joes tackle certainly looked really bad. I thought 5 or 6 straight up. Even as a sharks supporter I thought we'd be missing 3 forwards for next weeks game.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
3 weeks with a guilty plea for Joe O's spear tackle.

Someone else is gonna get a broken neck and the NRL will be shocked at how it happened. Saying they take every precaution yada yada.

Should have been 6 at least.

Graham should be given the 3 that Joe O is gonna cop.

Just saw that tackle for the first time on a news break.

Holy shit that was a dreadful looking tackle.

Drove with intent.

He should be sitting out 6 to 8 for that.

POPEYE

Coach
Just saw that tackle for the first time on a news break.

Holy shit that was a dreadful looking tackle.

Drove with intent.

He should be sitting out 6 to 8 for that.
What time in the game was it, if it was in the few minutes it took me to decide not to watch any more I missed it. Any later what was the point of the tackle, couldn't have been to defuse a Titan's resurgence . . . the prick deserves 10 weeks for child abuse

Nice Beaver

First Grade
What time in the game was it, if it was in the few minutes it took me to decide not to watch any more I missed it. Any later what was the point of the tackle, couldn't have been to defuse a Titan's resurgence . . . the prick deserves 10 weeks for child abuse

No idea mate.

Like I said, only saw it on a news break report with no further details.

Crazy stuff.

JJ

Immortal
Not only does injury count, but so does who you do it to... imagine if he's tackled Slater like that...

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Not only does injury count, but so does who you do it to... imagine if he's tackled Slater like that...

Said exactly the same thing to someone this morning.

The hysteria in Qld when Slater was hit was f*cking pathetic. It was like someone had died.

If that tackle on Saturday was put on Slater we'd have rednecks burning effegies of the tackler in the streets.

As is always the case, certain rules and standards for certain players....the rest can just eat shit.

no name

Coach
Said exactly the same thing to someone this morning.

The hysteria in Qld when Slater was hit was f*cking pathetic. It was like someone had died.

If that tackle on Saturday was put on Slater we'd have rednecks burning effegies of the tackler in the streets.

As is always the case, certain rules and standards for certain players....the rest can just eat shit.
Well Inu got 5 weeks for his spear on Inglis that was given a grade 4. Looking back at it, they are both very similar.
Both tacklers have their hands between the legs (big no no), both have not one, but two attempts to lift and both continue driving once the other player is past the horizontal.
So it seems Inu copped an extra grade and two weeks because Inglis is higher profile.

The Inu tackle was when it really sunk in to me that the send off was dead, I knew it was on the way out, but that confirmed it.

As I said earlier someone will get seriously injured from a spear tackle again soon and the NRL will wonder why.

lockyno1

Post Whore
It is a 5 week ban bare in mind. He only gets 3 with an early plea.

I hate the plea system but it is what it is.

For the record I'd have been happy if he copped 6 weeks.