What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones II

soc123_au

Staff member
That was awesome. Air superiority ftw. One of the best battle scenes in anything ever. I can't wait for next week.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Bran telling Meera she isn't needed anymore confirms what a dick he is

The old man three eyed raven wasn't a dick like Bran

This was pretty awesome.

Randy_Marsh_Jizz-_n1297311504658__400x400.jpg

Danish

Referee
Also I can now clearly see and respect why this season is only 7 episodes long.

These battle scenes ain't cheap.

It's like 7 movies. Just amazing tv.

They spend like $10 million per episode these days. You can see where it all goes, thats for sure

Danish

Referee
So many things still to sort out, what's happened to Gendry? Haven't seen him since season 4 I think

I wouldn't care if he never came back. Realistically what is his place? The random bastard kid of a king who was around for all of 5 minutes? Seems like a pointless distraction to me.

Of the 180 minutes or so left of this season I wouldn't want any dedicated to him

Pommy

Coach
I wouldn't care if he never came back. Realistically what is his place? The random bastard kid of a king who was around for all of 5 minutes? Seems like a pointless distraction to me.

Of the 180 minutes or so left of this season I wouldn't want any dedicated to him

Agreed what's his claim? At this point it seems to be more about conquest than blood lines so unless he has a massive army in his row boat I just don't see any point.

Danish

Referee
Agreed what's his claim? At this point it seems to be more about conquest than blood lines so unless he has a massive army in his row boat I just don't see any point.

Maybe he'll pop up when Arya goes to King's Landing to kill Cersei? He's supposed to be hiding out in flea bottom somewhere right? They could weave his master blacksmith skills into forging dragonglass weapons as well I suppose.

I just don't want another f**ker throwing their hat into the ring trying to be king this late in the piece

Pommy

Coach
Maybe he'll pop up when Arya goes to King's Landing to kill Cersei? He's supposed to be hiding out in flea bottom somewhere right? They could weave his master blacksmith skills into forging dragonglass weapons as well I suppose.

I just don't want another f**ker throwing their hat into the ring trying to be king this late in the piece

They set him off in a rowing boat didn't they? Pretty sure they got him out of flea bottom as all the bastards were being executed.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Is this the first time the show used a shield wall in a battle (as in explicitly yelling out the command?)
Perhaps a Vikings influence

saint.nick

Coach
Don't really regard Clarke as a great actress (nice to look at though) but she was great this ep.
You can see that steely regal act is disappearing and she's becoming more vulnerable with Jon.
And then with Drogon, she'd had enough, tried to do sh*t the nice way and it didn't work, she was p*ssed.
I think it's just that the whole regal act doesn't really suit Clarke, she is way better when, like you said, her character acts more vulnerable.

Danish

Referee
They set him off in a rowing boat didn't they? Pretty sure they got him out of flea bottom as all the bastards were being executed.

Ned was the one who got him out of kings landing when everyone was being executed. He eventually found his way to Stanis's dungeon, where stubby fingers set him free in a row boat and told him to head back to flea bottom to hide out. Better to take his chances hiding in an area he knows than being sacrificed by the red woman.

That was the last we saw of him.

Maybe they'll pull a poochie on him with a "Gendry drowned on the way back to is home city" sign as the credits roll on the series finale?

Aragorn

First Grade

He's a blacksmith and they're gonna need someone to make all those weapons for them.

Davos has probably been in contact and its not unrealistic for the writers to bring him back in to help forge some great weapon to kill the knight king in season 8...

Thats my guess anyway

All these characters. You love them and hate at the same time.

The cave scene and that look Emily Clark was giving out. She had f**k me written all over her face