What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kogarah last home game.Big crowd required

SEAT 1A

Bench
Emu 01
Spoke to him on tuesday and he is pumped.
Dufty told me that he can not believe he is playing for the Saints at Kogarah.
He is a true saint and a nice kid

Regardless of people's view on teams performance or the teams support, it's a huge thrill for the young man to run out in the big RED V at one of our home grounds and hope he rips in.

Qdf

Juniors
SCG was an NRL monumental stuff up.
The time of a Friday was a joke. Too difficult for family's to get to game. It wasn't to long ago we got 35k at SCG for this type of game. Only it was Sunday footy.
The NRL are under performing gaggle of geese , the sooner John Grant goes the better. The head commissioner is the man that directs the NRL & GRANT has been miserable excuse for a leader since its inception....

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I think you should boycott the game in protest at the resigning of Mary.
The Club and the NRL have been disregarding Kogarah for years, even undermining our efforts as fans to maintain Jubilee as our true home ground. I understand you wanting to boycott membership, or even the neutral venues, but to refuse to go to Kogarah is completely missing the point.

The appointment of the coach and the treatment that Kogarah has been getting in recent years are two entirely separate issues.

I stand by what I said to someone else in another thread, the Club is doing a fine job job of stuffing up Kogarah without your help. You want to protest against Club management? By showing up in droves to our REAL home ground, we would be sending the strongest of messages.

Yes the team would love to play in front of a large parochial crowd but an empty stadium may tell them that their effort over the past couple of years is not good enough for us supporters.
We are already playing at empty stadiums at Homebush, SCG and SFS. The response of the Corporates has been to give away free tickets to those large cavernous venues while the Club has been giving Kogarah crap promotion at every turn. To them, it's all about money and which side their bread is buttered on. Again, if you truly wish to protest, then turn up at Kogarah Jubilee Oval!

Make a stand guys. I live in Brissie so I wouldn't be there anyway but maybe this is what it needs to take to make some much needed changes.
With respect, I'm not sure why you are asking local supporters to sacrifice their venue when: 1. You don't live anywhere near the place and, 2. You never had any intention of showing up anyway. Not a member of the Qld Supporters Group by any chance?

I know this will p*ss people off but this is just my opinion for trying to get some action. Hurts the club but maybe will spark some action.
Not pissed off, just curious as to what your motives are.

Emu01

Juniors
Looks like most of us on here are going to the game on Saturday. Awesome effort guys. . To the guys that want to boycott I totally understand but you will miss the last home game his season..

Great weather forecast, a local junior player at Kogarah for the first time.All 3 grades. Over the leagues club after game.

I won't miss this one.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
At the end of the game they should all clap McCrone off. Not because of his efforts in the red v, but to celebrate that we will never see him in the red v at Kogarah again.

silverex

Bench
After the debacle of the past 2 weeks I initially didn't feel like going to this game.

But then my red and white blood started flowing again and now I can't wait to get there.

We're back at home where we belong on a fantastic clear afternoon. What more could you ask for! I guess a win would be nice.

j0nesy

Bench
I wish I could be there, it's going to be a huge game at an iconic ground, but I'm in Thailand. There's no excuse if the fans and players don't turn up. It should be like WIN stadium against Manly - 16k crowd and 52 points scored. With the local kid (Dufty) on show and the season on the line the supporters should be there in droves.

j0nesy

Bench
Hang your head in shame Dragons fans. A crowd of 8,800 at Kogarah. Might as well tell the establishment to give up Kogarah Oval. It's a damn shame.