What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our forward pack - positional changes

Fonua-Blake was let go for kicking his partner. We don't need wife-bashing human landfill like him in the club.
I agree but the whole fiasco revolving around FB has manifested itself into a massive advantage for Manly.
We ended up losing a kid with massive potential who was about to break into first grade.
We, correctly in my opinion, laid down the moral and ethics boundaries by sacking him and Manly get a cheap and FG ready pick up without any questions asked.
What I find hard to reconcile is that we plucked Dugan out of the mire given his past and we bent over backwards to get Packer on board as well.
If we are such a committed "re-hab" club, why couldn't we have taken on the rehabilitation of one of our promising juniors?
Seems to be a double standard here that has negatively affected our club.
FB has been great for Manly and quickly showed he was well up to FG standard.

blacksafake

First Grade
I agree but the whole fiasco revolving around FB has manifested itself into a massive advantage for Manly.
We ended up losing a kid with massive potential who was about to break into first grade.
We, correctly in my opinion, laid down the moral and ethics boundaries by sacking him and Manly get a cheap and FG ready pick up without any questions asked.
What I find hard to reconcile is that we plucked Dugan out of the mire given his past and we bent over backwards to get Packer on board as well.
If we are such a committed "re-hab" club, why couldn't we have taken on the rehabilitation of one of our promising juniors?
Seems to be a double standard here that has negatively affected our club.
FB has been great for Manly and quickly showed he was well up to FG standard.
The club most likely didn't think he was up to nrl standard & used his trouble as an excuse to sack him. If so it's another case of not recognising future talent.

gonz

Juniors
And how do you come to that conclusion?

The kid is still young and learning and your professional opinion is he's not good enough.
You say it's professional I say it's just opinion ! Stop trying to be a hot shot Neville

hermidale1

Juniors
You say it's professional I say it's just opinion ! Stop trying to be a hot shot Neville
Wow must of hit a nerve.

All I'm saying is your opinion is amusing. You get pretty offended there quickly.
Saying a certain player isn't good enough to play in any 17 in the NRL is a pretty big opinion. Especially when that player is still learning his trade, along with a large amount of young forward talent, ie, Leilua, Lawrie, Sele.
Obviously better judges than yourself have a higher opinion of these kids than you and actually watch what they do on the field both on and off the ball in both attack and defence.

Also, you say hot shot, I just say, honest opinion, just as you stated.

You need to settle down there champ and hop off that pedestal you put yourself on.

gonz

Juniors
Wow must of hit a nerve.

All I'm saying is your opinion is amusing. You get pretty offended there quickly.
Saying a certain player isn't good enough to play in any 17 in the NRL is a pretty big opinion. Especially when that player is still learning his trade, along with a large amount of young forward talent, ie, Leilua, Lawrie, Sele.
Obviously better judges than yourself have a higher opinion of these kids than you and actually watch what they do on the field both on and off the ball in both attack and defence.

Also, you say hot shot, I just say, honest opinion, just as you stated.

You need to settle down there champ and hop off that pedestal you put yourself on.
Haha and now your a psychic !
Just an opinion like all on here.

Cracks pedestal ..... I've seen Nevs like u way to often

SBD82

Coach
Put the handbags away fellas. This thread is pretty relevant after the weekend.

What did people think of the forward rotation on the weekend? It seemed a bit clunky because it was very different from what we've been doing, but I think it showed some promise.

Notable changes were sims playing right edge (thought he had a cracking game) friz playing in the middle (I've been on about friz being an edge player not a middle for years but he was very good in the middle) and JDB getting an early rest which meant he finished the game strong.

Our two young middles struggled with the pace of the game, but if we can get packer back sooner rather than later the pack is looking good.

watatank

Coach
I think at this stage of the season Frizell is best used in short bursts rather than to try have him pace himself over the next few weeks or so so he should stay as a middle in short bursts. As for the rest, much depends on the availability of Packer. If Packer is available he can just go in place of Lawrie. If he is not available then I would have Host on the right edge and then Sims or Frizell off the bench (the other starting).

SBD82

Coach
I think at this stage of the season Frizell is best used in short bursts rather than to try have him pace himself over the next few weeks or so so he should stay as a middle in short bursts. As for the rest, much depends on the availability of Packer. If Packer is available he can just go in place of Lawrie. If he is not available then I would have Host on the right edge and then Sims or Frizell off the bench (the other starting).
That's probably spot on. I loved sims' work on the right edge but our middle was pretty weak when Vaughan and/or ah mau were off the field.

mbk78

Juniors
but if we can get packer back sooner rather than later the pack is looking good.
I spoke with Packer before the game on Saturday. He said he was hoping to be back for the Brisbane game. But frankly he didn't sound too convincing. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...