What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mann

BennyV

Referee
Lol. You waited patiently all year for that BennyV! Love your work.
Mann looks very good today. He is a massive upgrade on that other guy, I have forgotten his name....
Nah, I genuinely didnt think he'd get anther shot at halfback this year. But he's on fire; kicking, passing and running have all been a level above that other guy!

(My original intention was to have a LOL at the 'former player' who started this thread, but found some other pearlers that were worth pointing out)

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
tenor.gif

Where's the 'like' button?

Sure, the opposition is poor today but even Ray Charles can tell Mann is a natural ball playing halves player.

Crush

Coach
Nah, I genuinely didnt think he'd get anther shot at halfback this year. But he's on fire; kicking, passing and running have all been a level above that other guy!

(My original intention was to have a LOL at the 'former player' who started this thread, but found some other pearlers that were worth pointing out)
Mate, I was wrong. He looks great. Lets hope we never see McCrone play again in the number 7.

giboz71

First Grade
He showed something he hasn't shown before when put in the halves or fullback, and that's confidence.

You almost need a touch of arrogance when playing in the key positions as the team is looking to you to direct the play.

He showed that for the first time today, and a great game was the result.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Myself and many others were calling for Mann to be picked with Widdop as our halves at the beginning of the season and then again for much of the season. I also said that thought Mann's best position was in the halves, as that is where he played most of his juniors.

After today's game. I feel vindicated that Mann should have been given first shot at halfback at the start of the year. Mann should definitely be our halfback for the rest of the season. He will be a great utility to have on our books next year.

Add to that myself and many others wanted Dufty at fullback at the start of the year, before he got injured in the 9's. I think we look much more dangerous with the ball in our hands with Mann at halfback and Dufty at fullback. It only took Mary 23 round for it to happen. Mary should be sacked.

GC Dragon

Juniors
That is the first time Mann has actually played halfback . Yes he has been picked in that position before but not allowed to contribute as the actual half . Today we seen his as first receiver .We seen his passing and kicking game . In fact we seen all the skills the kid has and the result was a man of the match performance . Imagine how far along he would be if he was given that role from day one instead of round 23 ? .
The other thing he provides with Dugan is a far far better defensive right side than the McCrone ..Aitken / Milne combo . Also McDonald looks a more stable defender outside those two . That backline should be left as is for the rest of the season. If Aitken does get back put him on the bench instead of Milne . McCrone should now be thrown in the bin never to return .