What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 4 confirmation

Rabbits20

Immortal
I managed to return this. Absolute junk in its current state.

My biggest issues:
- My markers are hardly ever onside.
- You have to press pass far too early for it to respond.
- Cpu cheating with speed.
- Players don't feel very different to each other.
- I didn't see one realistic rugby league try in my whole time playing it.
- Cpu appears to be just as crap at the game as me.
- Ridiculously slow play the balls for absolutely no reason.
- It's basically the same game as Live 2, just with different issues and in my opinion, worse issues.
- Video Ref decisions are incorrect about 80% of the time.
- Game doesn't look as though it's running in full HD, though I didn't check if it actually is or not.
Pressing R2 speeds the play the ball up...

I've found the video ref very accurate..

ACTPanthers

Bench
I turned it on for about 10 mins the other day.

It's fun to play with my 10 year old, and for him to play against his mates, but it's a pus game.

Bring on 2k18 and FIFA18, at least Wolves will have a sick team this year.

Timberwolves? Jimmy Buckets and KAT for the win!!

Sean7

Juniors
Pressing R2 speeds the play the ball up...

I've found the video ref very accurate..

Does it speed it up enough so that the defense is actually back pedalling?

I found that the cpu kept having try after try disallowed against me.

Anyway, I've gotten rid of it now and I don't miss it.

Parra Pride

Coach
I wonder if the poor diddums over at Big Ant are feeling okay after reading this...

http://www.news.com.au/technology/h...SF&utm_source=News.com.au&utm_medium=Facebook

I'm happy to jump on the shit talk wagon as far as Big Ant are concerned, but the pictures used in this article are f**king woeful. The Kerrod Holland one is clearly someone taking a picture of their TV screen, the other two are in some god awful low resolution. God knows why you wouldn't put in a little bit of effort to get some proper screen caps that actually show the game in a HD resolution as they would support your argument about poor graphics better than some sub standard resolution that is going to look shit regardless of how good the game actually does or doesn't look.

Danish

Referee
I wonder if the poor diddums over at Big Ant are feeling okay after reading this...

http://www.news.com.au/technology/h...SF&utm_source=News.com.au&utm_medium=Facebook

Is this bloke an actual gamer or what?

Read this sentence:

"You do have the option to perform a more direct pass to a specified player, but this requires you to tap a face button while also holding down a shoulder button — a movement every bit as awkward as it sounds."

The process of pressing a shoulder button and a face button is somehow awkward to him? I can only assume the last gaming system he played was a mega drive, since literally EVERY f**kING GAME MADE SINCE THEN requires you to press multiple buttons at once.

His "screenshots" are also literally him taking photos of his TV on his phone. They look like he has taken the photos from a distance too and blown them up to make the graphics look poor.

f**k me is this honestly what passes for journalism these days?

Rabbits20

Immortal
That's my main problem with this game, they don't tell you how to do stuff like this or the double tap pass. Simple stuff that makes things flow much better.
Before playing a match it gives hints and tips while it's loading....

Parra Pride

Coach
Is this bloke an actual gamer or what?

Read this sentence:

"You do have the option to perform a more direct pass to a specified player, but this requires you to tap a face button while also holding down a shoulder button — a movement every bit as awkward as it sounds."

The process of pressing a shoulder button and a face button is somehow awkward to him? I can only assume the last gaming system he played was a mega drive, since literally EVERY f**kING GAME MADE SINCE THEN requires you to press multiple buttons at once.

His "screenshots" are also literally him taking photos of his TV on his phone. They look like he has taken the photos from a distance too and blown them up to make the graphics look poor.

f**k me is this honestly what passes for journalism these days?

Come on mate be fair, pressing two different buttons at the same time is some elite move that only the very best gamers in the world can pull off.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Before playing a match it gives hints and tips while it's loading....
Yeah I've seen those but there's still other things I've only found out from player forums.
Don't get me wrong, I have fun with the game, I just wish I knew how to play it to its fullest.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yeah I've seen those but there's still other things I've only found out from player forums.
Don't get me wrong, I have fun with the game, I just wish I knew how to play it to its fullest.
I'm sure I don't know how to play it to its fullest either...

axl rose

Bench
That Matt Dunn guy is a flog. You should read his articles saying how much better Foxtel is than Netflix, talk about sucking up to the bosses. The only other stuff I've seen is he's pro-cyclist tripe.

I wonder if Netflix will ever spend some of thier billions and bid for sport. You'd think it would be inevitable.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got this game and did a little test run through.

I played a career mode as a coach on the easiest difficulty and with the half length being 40 minutes.

Every simulated game had a scoreline of 112-98 or some such nonsense. The ladder at the end of the season had every team scoring at least 2000 points.

Just, why? It's simulated, why the nonsense scorelines? How is that realistic in anyway, irrespective of difficulty.

redvscotty

First Grade
I got this game and did a little test run through.

I played a career mode as a coach on the easiest difficulty and with the half length being 40 minutes.

Every simulated game had a scoreline of 112-98 or some such nonsense. The ladder at the end of the season had every team scoring at least 2000 points.

Just, why? It's simulated, why the nonsense scorelines? How is that realistic in anyway, irrespective of difficulty.

They carried over career mode straight from their AFL game, hence the high scores.

Was it 17-32-112 to 13-47-98?

AJB1102

First Grade
They carried over career mode straight from their AFL game, hence the high scores.

Was it 17-32-112 to 13-47-98?

Is that fair dinkum or you taking the piss?

Sounds like a lazy approach to game development so I won't be surprised if you're not having a laugh.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I had a 1 - nil game between Brisbane and Newcastle last night.

I f**king hate BA. If you're gonna insult League fans by doing it with 1/3rd of an effort, I'd prefer you not do it at all.