What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Raiders Rd23

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Been working nights so slept through the game and just saw the result. Sad thing is I'm not even disappointed, my initial reaction was "at least we kept them under 40". Shows how bad the season is :/

Blair

Coach
Poor Roger is so out of his depth as captain. Consulting his church pastor and Tim Robbins self help books for guidance, ffs.

Also, when his stocks are low like they are now, he's running around like a headless chook on the field, or at least it appears that way.

As attacking fullbacks Webb, Locke and Tomkins are ahead of him in this regard. Webb and Locke for their line breaks, and Tomkins for his link play and how he effectively worked with Johnson.

vvvrulz

Coach
Also, when his stocks are low like they are now, he's running around like a headless chook on the field, or at least it appears that way.

As attacking fullbacks Webb, Locke and Tomkins are ahead of him in this regard. Webb and Locke for their line breaks, and Tomkins for his link play and how he effectively worked with Johnson.

And Wade McKinnon at times bossed all of the above.

RTS has been a failure.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Watched this game in a pub in the heart of tigers territory.. Stayed back and watched the tigers game. Now that's a team where the majority have been told they're moving on and they still dig in and never stop trying.

I knew we were never going to win, but to concede 36 points was bitterly disappointing, considering the fact that we made the scoreline 18-10.

It just seems thst when SJ is out there is zero confidence in the team, and it gives them the excuse to fail that they all seem to crave

Mighty Ape Man

Juniors
Watched this game in a pub in the heart of tigers territory.. Stayed back and watched the tigers game. Now that's a team where the majority have been told they're moving on and they still dig in and never stop trying.

It just seems thst when SJ is out there is zero confidence in the team, and it gives them the excuse to fail that they all seem to crave
They call that "The Cleary Effect"

Ok I just made that up.. :smirk:

But he gets them playing for each other AND actually giving a damn. And that gives them the confidence our boys lack

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
They call that "The Cleary Effect"

Ok I just made that up.. :smirk:

But he gets them playing for each other AND actually giving a damn. And that gives them the confidence our boys lack
Now that you mentioned Tui and your respect for how Cleary does things. Its good how he too believes in playing Tui at 6. He's not great at 6 but he's better there than anywhere else.

Blair

Coach
Yeah I know, just sick of being so negative and looking for anything to be up about :/

It's hard to put a finger on our failing today because, yes, it was noticeable we were trying.

Bully even put a huge hit on a Raiders back on his line. Knocked him half silly.

Our two tries were actually really good tries. Surely there's a fine line between just throwing the ball around, because we have no idea what we're doing, and actually playing effective, attractive ad-lib footy with flair.

It's hard to put a finger on our failing today because, yes, it was noticeable we were trying.

Bully even put a huge hit on a Raiders back on his line. Knocked him half silly.

Our two tries were actually really good tries. Surely there's a fine line between just throwing the ball around, because we have no idea what we're doing, and actually playing effective, attractive ad-lib footy with flair.
Simple, the defense was shit, no talk, bad individual decision that forced others to act to try to cover and created over laps, no organisation when injuried play forced reshuffle and Hoffman.
In attack at times we did not engage the defense and passed 2-3 steps before the line or getting anyone interested or turning inwards. Kata bombed and easy one, Lisone got involved at dummy half on last. Just stupid stuff, no one in control of team.

I enjoyed more offloads, must have been near the most in a game for us this season.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Yeah I know, just sick of being so negative and looking for anything to be up about :/
Always good to take positives out of a game and to look ahead. Last year we were inconsistent, now we are consistently losing. 5 straight losses is a failure and we have to be careful not to accept mediocrity and cover up our losses with too many silver linings.

You're not clutching at straws though, what you're 'up' about is looking good.