What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 24 vs Roosters @ Allianz Stadium

Who will win? Round 24: Roosters v Wests Tigers

• Sydney Roosters 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
I know we won last week, but in a lot of ways that was our best performance of the year. The team that's dominated us for 8 years was up 16-0 after a glut of possession and field position. We didn't fall apart, didn't panic and instead stayed calm, worked the ball upfield and scored two great ties off smart ball movement.

At one stage in the second half the roosters had 5 sets on our line and we held them out. I saw a calmness in our game that I haven't seen in, we'll ever. Even in 05 and 10/11 we always seemed a frantic team and never in control.

Anytime over the last 6 years we lose to that by 40. In fact I'd say up until 8 weeks ago we lose that by 40. This team has come along way and I'm excited for what Cleary will do after a full off season with a team he wants.

Lastly Woods was utterly pathetic today, he was our worst player by a mile imo. I was watching him when he came back on for his second stint. Two sets in a row we were bringing it off our line. He was in position for a hit up but pushed guys infront of him. First set he didn't touch it. Second set he took a hit up on the 4th tackle after all the hard hit ups were done. JWH completely dominated him. Any aggressive prop owns Woods. We don't need this merkin in our team and will be better without him.

Woods is honestly the most overrated prop I've ever seen. He is so shit.

Yes he plays good every so often when his offloads are going well but overall he is just shit.

All you need in your props is good hit-ups and a fast play the ball along with good defence. He has flaws in all of these areas. He can win us games but it's so few per season and it's based entirely off his off loads. I can't wait until he is gone and every time he comes on the field I wish Ivan would just bench the moron.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Unfortunately for us Brooks is predominantly rocks.I like the squad we have for next season with the exception of the imbecile Brooks.If we had son of IC as our playmaker we could contest for the title whereas with the dumbest half in the NRL in Brooks we will probably miss the 8 next yr !!!

I'm going to wait until brooks has a whole off season with Cleary and a proper half next to him. Remember he is playing with a different 6 & 9 that he trained all off season with.

However with Benji being signed if he doesn't improve he could very well find himself in nsw cup

Tiger05

First Grade
Honestly I never understood the wraps McIllwrick got earlier in the year. His passing game is terrible and he constantly goes the wrong way. Front on defence is solid but if you look at the stats he misses a heap of tackles. Has no kicking game and apart from a good run once a game he offers nothing that any basic nsw cup hooker couldn't offer. I think Liddle is a mile ahead of him.

Also we'll win our last two games. The cowboys are already missing 1,000 players and tonight have lost Taulmalolo, Asiata and Ponga then the warriors are the worst team in the comp by a mile.

McIlwrick is a great defender but apart from that he is shit. I do think he is a great option if you have a hooker on the bench.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Malakai is a really good player. He is always taking the tough hit up and doing the grunt work. His problem is that he isn't a game winner.

I f**ken hate the Turd. I honestly wish he was gone yesterday. He is our only real top line player and he has left us for the rorting merkins. He is a piece of shit human being. I just hope that he goes downhill quickly.

To be fair though we've also lost Woods who is so shit it isn't funny.

We may actually be a better team next year but I think we were a top 8 team this year but the 3 merkins and Jason f**ktardd bent us over and f**ked us up the ass. I also don't like being f**ked up the ass.

I don't hate the turd...just hope he comes back to us after 4 years even better.
Woods is a plodder..I have always thought that.
Lastly.f@@ked up the arse
So in other words you're telling us not to try it?

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I'm going to wait until brooks has a whole off season with Cleary and a proper half next to him. Remember he is playing with a different 6 & 9 that he trained all off season with.

However with Benji being signed if he doesn't improve he could very well find himself in nsw cup
Vic,IC signed benji for a reason...
He will be in the 17 somewhere.

Delboy

First Grade
Tigers would have won if Nofaluma had caught the pass thrown directly at him, looked like he had a clear run to the line if held

Pretty poor drop , that was the turning point as it cost your side a decent lead. Handy winger but has a lot of derps in him unfortunately

Tiger Ted

Bench

If anyone can perform a miracle with transforming Brooks into a half decent playmaker it's IC although I'm not confident.Hence I can c Benji being our halfback for a big chunk of next season.

Tiger05

First Grade
I don't hate the turd...just hope he comes back to us after 4 years even better.
Woods is a plodder..I have always thought that.
Lastly.f@@ked up the arse
So in other words you're telling us not to try it?

Some people apparently like it so I suggest you give it a shot. I'm pretty sure the Turd loves it.

Woods is such a shit player. Seriously how did that guy ever make SOO.

Tiger05

First Grade
Tigers would have won if Nofaluma had caught the pass thrown directly at him, looked like he had a clear run to the line if held

Pretty poor drop , that was the turning point as it cost your side a decent lead. Handy winger but has a lot of derps in him unfortunately

Honestly did you watch the game.

Shredder

Juniors
Honestly if Brookes cant sort himself out, maybe Hodgo could put the old number 7 back on....

Radical Rat

Juniors
So disappointed in the result. But after calming down I have to be proud of the boys. As others have said, in the past under any other coach that game would have been 46-6. I love IC.

My take:

- I actually thought Brooks played really well. Terrible chip and chase for the last play of the game, but he's looking so much more confident under IC. I thought he was great tonight. I'm really confident he'll be an asset next year.

- it's the first time I've felt the need to question Woods. He was average as f**k tonight. Moving in quicksand. He makes yards after contact but if that's at the expense of a quick play the ball then it's not worth it. Like 05 said, it's gotten to the stage where if he can't get consistent offloads away then he's a liability. He stopped our momentum at a few crucial stages today. Dare I say he'll look right at home with the Dogs attack next year.

- Geez I was impressed with Eisenhuth tonignt. I thought he had a touch of the plodder about him before tonight, but has some legitimate potential (same goes for Aloiai, his best game for the club and the first time I've seen potential for a real future. He seemed heaps bigger tonight?).
Twal was great as well (it seemed like he played 60+ minutes?) You can tell he's itching to pop that offload but is playing it safe. As he get more confident that will start happening. The best thing about them both is how composed and safe they are. I can't recall many mistakes from either of them the last few weeks. It's so nice not having your heart in your mouth every time one of our rookies goes for a run.

And finally:

- I want Mcllwrick dead. He absolutely ruined us today. From this point if anyone includes him ahead of Liddle in their '18 lineups, I question their sanity and credibility. Misses crucial tackles, offers zero creativity and I won't bother highlighting the obvious. He's a journeyman plodder who's a half decent back up. Due to his severe limitations, his position in first grade would be questionable even without the primary school boy errors.

Vic Mackey

Referee
So disappointed in the result. But after calming down I have to be proud of the boys. As others have said, in the past under any other coach that game would have been 46-6. I love IC.

My take:

- I actually thought Brooks played really well. Terrible chip and chase for the last play of the game, but he's looking so much more confident under IC. I thought he was great tonight. I'm really confident he'll be an asset next year.

- it's the first time I've felt the need to question Woods. He was average as f**k tonight. Moving in quicksand. He makes yards after contact but if that's at the expense of a quick play the ball then it's not worth it. Like 05 said, it's gotten to the stage where if he can't get consistent offloads away then he's a liability. He stopped our momentum at a few crucial stages today. Dare I say he'll look right at home with the Dogs attack next year.

- Geez I was impressed with Eisenhuth tonignt. I thought he had a touch of the plodder about him before tonight, but has some legitimate potential (same goes for Aloiai, his best game for the club and the first time I've seen potential for a real future. He seemed heaps bigger tonight?).
Twal was great as well (it seemed like he played 60+ minutes?) You can tell he's itching to pop that offload but is playing it safe. As he get more confident that will start happening. The best thing about them both is how composed and safe they are. I can't recall many mistakes from either of them the last few weeks. It's so nice not having your heart in your mouth every time one of our rookies goes for a run.

And finally:

- I want Mcllwrick dead. He absolutely ruined us today. From this point if anyone includes him ahead of Liddle in their '18 lineups, I question their sanity and credibility. Misses crucial tackles, offers zero creativity and I won't bother highlighting the obvious. He's a journeyman plodder who's a half decent back up. Due to his severe limitations, his position in first grade would be questionable even without the primary school boy errors.

Can't disagree with anything here

I think Aloiai has put some size on too, he had a long lay off with a leg injury so might have spent the whole time bulking. He has been much more aggressive in his 2 games back under IC then he ever was with Taylor.

The problem with our current #9 is that he offers nothing and doesn't pose any questions for the opposition defence,with no running,passing or kicking game he is predictable and easy to read.