What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 24 vs Roosters @ Allianz Stadium

Who will win? Round 24: Roosters v Wests Tigers

• Sydney Roosters 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Radical Rat

Juniors
And ET was enormous. I don't think we've ever had a player with more heart. He's a huge part of our plans next year. We must keep him at all costs.

Vozzy

Juniors
The line Aloiai ran tonight was perfect close to the line. I wish we used him and Sue like this more often even chee kam ran good lines aswell. With Fonua and Milne coming and Suli hopefully we see more of it next year.

magpie4ever

First Grade
It's not the first time today he's thrown forward passes from dummy half.
He's lucky Liddell is injured or he wouldn't be in the 17.
He's gone backwards since start of season.

You must be Liddell's ole man.

Mc makes 50-60 tackles per match, stopping breaks, half breaks and quarter breaks. He will do me for the No.9 in 2018.

Tiger Woody

Juniors

MM makes 50-60 tackles per match, stopping breaks, half breaks and quarter breaks. He will do me for the No.9 in 2018.

well I could say your MM's old man.lol
I think they both are not up to a decent 9 standard.
MM has been to 4 clubs,misses lots tackles and I would love a dollar for every forward pass from dummy half.
Rather have Farah than both of them.

By the way magpie4ever,I'm a Wests Magpies fan from way back...Lidcombe Oval days,so be gentle ok.

magpie4ever

First Grade
well I could say your MM's old man.lol
I think they both are not up to a decent 9 standard.
MM has been to 4 clubs,misses lots tackles and I would love a dollar for every forward pass from dummy half.
Rather have Farah than both of them.

By the way magpie4ever,I'm a Wests Magpies fan from way back...Lidcombe Oval days,so be gentle ok.

If he didn't have a lazy bunch of f**kers surrounding him, he wouldn't have to make thenumber of tackles he does. New pack next year, so I reckon he will shine with less of a defensive requirement.

Vic Mackey

Referee
If he didn't have a lazy bunch of f**kers surrounding him, he wouldn't have to make thenumber of tackles he does. New pack next year, so I reckon he will shine with less of a defensive requirement.

That's true, our nsw cup team will have a whole new pack so hopefully he will shine next year.

Tigerm

First Grade
Top effort tonight...Effort was there,just lacked their class.
Mckillrick needs to learn how to pass from dummy half....twice throws forward passes,especially the one in last 5 mins.
We need a 9 better than him.....He's borderline 1st grade.Even Robbie is better.the 9 will be our weakness in 2018.
But I don't understand why he didn't start, we leaked those early points that cost us the game in the end.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Matt Mckilwrick is god awful and anyone suggesting otherwise is a bit loopy.

Well, well, well I must be loopy but realise the whole team is bloody awful. Funny, I reckon I know more about football and footballers in my little finger nail than you do in your whole body.

Clifferd

Coach
I only like him for his defence

But I'm not confident with him in attack, handy back up though.

magpie4ever

First Grade
I only like him for his defence

But I'm not confident with him in attack, handy back up though.

Once the pressure is relieved in his defensive work his dummy half work will improve dramatically. He is my pick at 9 with the new improved pack surrounding him.

As I have said before I have young Wheelhouse in front of Liddle as a natural footballer.

I didn't watch the game until this morning but the 1st thing I did was read the comments here, you certainly get a different perspective when you do. You look for players like Brooks & Woods, you look to see how bad they were, what they did well, etc

Too me it was one of those games where by if the rorters had scored 1 or 2 of the tries they should have scored, it could have been a blow out, they didn't so that's totally irrelevant.

Again it was a game of 2 halves, just like last week although it was perhaps 30/50 minutes.

I thought again that MWZ is not a 1st grade winger (it was perhaps 5 or 6 weeks ago where many were saying we basically had a reserve grade team, he IMO will be playing much more NSW Cup) I certainly do not see how he has improved.

Brooks, well it is rocks and diamonds but I saw improvement yet again with his defence (24 according to nrl.com) and attack but it's going to be a long hot summer practicing his short/long/banana/grubber/bomb/cross field kicks.

Chee Kam & Aloiai went pretty well again, I can't see the point in rushing Lawrence back this year now based on their efforts.

Woods, he stands out because of his hair :confused: plenty of flops but also does plenty in defence, 50/50 game.

As a team, very good effort.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I didn't watch the game until this morning but the 1st thing I did was read the comments here, you certainly get a different perspective when you do. You look for players like Brooks & Woods, you look to see how bad they were, what they did well, etc

Too me it was one of those games where by if the rorters had scored 1 or 2 of the tries they should have scored, it could have been a blow out, they didn't so that's totally irrelevant.

Again it was a game of 2 halves, just like last week although it was perhaps 30/50 minutes.

I thought again that MWZ is not a 1st grade winger (it was perhaps 5 or 6 weeks ago where many were saying we basically had a reserve grade team, he IMO will be playing much more NSW Cup) I certainly do not see how he has improved.

Brooks, well it is rocks and diamonds but I saw improvement yet again with his defence (24 according to nrl.com) and attack but it's going to be a long hot summer practicing his short/long/banana/grubber/bomb/cross field kicks.

Chee Kam & Aloiai went pretty well again, I can't see the point in rushing Lawrence back this year now based on their efforts.

Woods, he stands out because of his hair :confused: plenty of flops but also does plenty in defence, 50/50 game.

As a team, very good effort.

the score didnt indicate the game at the end did it....we did well to get that close.
We are still not an 80min side,but hope that changes in 2018.
they bombed 3 tries.....1 from Gordon.
2 stopped by Teddy and the blatant forward pass from teddy to Lolo.

Aloiai was very good......
agree MWZ,hes not the best defender ,Uate embarassed him last week. so nsw cup for him in 2018.
Brooks...mmmm,theres an enigma...hot and cold,defence has improved,but he cant lead us around the park very well...short kicking game is pathetic.
Lawrence wont make the 13 next year...Josh A scored a try Lawrence would not have scored.
Dont care about Woods.....his offloads are few and far between lately.

Im excited by the Twal Doll though.
I havent seen him make even 1 mistake so far this year.
When he builds up hes going to be an asset.
Playing WC with Lebanon will be good experience for him.......hes signed for 3 years ,so hope we lock him in longer.
Great effort though on Sat night....
We should win our last 2 home games based on recent efforts.

Tiger Woody

Juniors

Mc makes 50-60 tackles per match, stopping breaks, half breaks and quarter breaks. He will do me for the No.9 in 2018.
he might do you for a 9 in 2018.
but plenty here dont want him.
I dont care if someone makes a 1,000 tackles a game..
You need more than that to be a 1st grader.

same as a fieldsman in cricket cant bat or bowl......you just cant pick them in the side.

Latest posts