What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 25 vs Titans @ Cbus Super Stadium

Who will win? Round 25: Titans v Bulldogs

• Gold Coast Titans 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold Coast Titans 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 25
Gold Coast Titans v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Cbus Super Stadium, Robina (TICKETS)
Saturday 26 August 2017

Gates 12:30pm / NYC 12:40pm (FOX) / NRL 3pm (FOX)

GLD-17teamlist.jpg

1. Jarryd Hayne 2. Anthony Don 3. Dale Copley 4. Phillip Sami 5. William Zillman 6. Tyrone Roberts 7. Ashley Taylor 8. Jarrod Wallace 9. Nathan Peats 10. Agnatius Paasi 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Joe Greenwood 13. Max King
Interchange: 14. Kane Elgey 15. Nathaniel Peteru 16. Leivaha Pulu 17. Paterika Vaivai 18. Morgan Boyle 19. Ben Nakubuwai 20. Keegan Hipgrave 21. Jamal Fogarty

CBY-17teamlist.jpg

1. William Hopoate 2. Brett Morris 3. Josh Morris 4. Brenko Lee 5. Marcelo Montoya 6. Matt Frawley 7. Moses Mbye 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Lichaa 10. James Graham 11. Josh Jackson 12. Adam Elliot 13. David Klemmer
Interchange: 15. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 16. Danny Fualalo 17. Chase Stanley 19. Francis Tualau 14. Sam Kasiano 20. Josh Reynolds 22. Greg Eastwood 23. Kerrod Holland

LU_TeamPanel_REF-Yellow.jpg

Referees: Gavin Reynolds, Chris James
Sideline Officials: Dave Ryan, Nick Morel
Video Referees: Luke Patten, Steve Chiddy

NYC - Sat 12:40pm at Cbus Super

ISC (Titans) - Capras away to Ipswich (Broncos) in Gatton, Sat 5pm
Burleigh away to Easts (Storm) at Suzuki, Sat 6pm
Tweed host PNG at Piggabeen, Sun 2:05pm

ISP (Bulldogs) - away to Illawarra (Dragons) at WIN Stadium, Sat 3pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Imagine if we finished the season with three straight LOL

Timmah

Staff member
Imagine being so down about life that you actively wish your team to be shit.

___

Juniors
Imagine being so down about life that you actively wish your team to be shit.
You think that's what I want? It's not what I wish for at all. It's what I expect with Des as our coach, and I'm not alone. I expected that to be the case this year and I expect the same thing will happen next year. The game has changed, and Des has not changed with it.

Dogs Of War

Coach
You think that's what I want? It's not what I wish for at all. It's what I expect with Des as our coach, and I'm not alone. I expected that to be the case this year and I expect the same thing will happen next year. The game has changed, and Des has not changed with it.

How do you know Des won't change? The team will have a lot different structure. Especially with Foran who has a good kicking game. Something this team with big forwards has missed. Foran will have no problems calling for the ball when he needs it. It's really just trying to see how the new playmakers change the structure of the team.

___

Juniors
How do you know Des won't change? The team will have a lot different structure. Especially with Foran who has a good kicking game. Something this team with big forwards has missed. Foran will have no problems calling for the ball when he needs it. It's really just trying to see how the new playmakers change the structure of the team.
Mate we're already over the salary cap for next year, which is like comparing us to the Eels of 2016.

How does a team manage to do that? Absolutely joke.

Let's look at the team's performance since Des took over:

2012: Done well, finished 1st, made the GF, probably could've won, however it was a team that Kevin Moore and previous administration had assembled

2013: Todd Greenberg leaves, Des is given total control of the team, finish 6th on the ladder, get knocked out by Newcaslte first week of the finals

2014: Despite making the GF, finish 7th, and struggled with consistency the entire season

2015: For the 3rd consecutive season, finish outside the top 4 in 5th place, struggle to beat an injury-ravaged Dragons team in week 1 of the finals, before being belted and knocked out by the Roosters, who in turn were belted by the Broncos the following week (goes to show how shit we really were)

2016: Loose the final 3 games of the regular season and finished 7 like 2014, however, unlike 2014, we get knocked out in the first week of the finals by Panthers in convincing fashion

2017: Miss the top 8 altogether, and up until Sunday, were in contention for the wooden spoon.

I don't know about you guys but I see a consistent downward pattern here...

Timmah

Staff member
Your bias against Des has led to some hilarious conclusions there. Imagine trying to explain away five straight finals and two GF appearances LOL

___

Juniors
I'm not going to argue he has achieved those feats, it would be stupid to do so, however it would also be stupid to defend him as a coach in 2017 when the downward spiral since 2012 has been obvious to anyone. Even blind freddy can tell you that! It's been steady and downward, from a GF and MP in 2012 to failing to making the finals in 2017!

Timmah

Staff member
I acknowledge a downward spiral has certainly occured, that's plainly evident. I'd say it's really been since 2015-2017 and those recent years have made you perceive Des's entire run as somehow awful - which it's not.

I understand high expectations but including a Grand Final apperance as part of a "downward spiral" is being overly precious.