What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

no name

Coach
Who knows??? It's top secret stuff. Not even Maxwell Smart could uncover the world of TPA and Thoroughbred sponsorship. Andrew Gee and his Choas operatives have all gone to ground. Popped a cyanide pill and took all the secrets with them.
*KAOS
Sorry, I'm a stickler.
Agree with the post, the cone of silence must get a fair workout in Donkey meetings.

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/41000546

Castleford Tigers have signed Newcastle Knights centre Joe Wardle on a three-year contract.

The 25-year-old joined the NRL side from Huddersfield in December 2016 and has made 15 appearances this year.

Wardle said: "I would just like to say thank you to Newcastle for working alongside me in what has been a hard time adjusting to life down under.

"Rugby careers are short so happiness is key and sometimes things don't work out, which is unfortunately the case."

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Manly have signed the Sharks under 20's half Luke Metcalf on a 3 year deal.

He's was NSW Under 18's half and has big wraps.

Apparently will be in the Manly top squad in 2018.

AJB1102

First Grade

Unfortunately haven't seen much of the U20's Sharks this year but they are absolutely braining the whole comp. A lot of good potential in that side and from the little I have seen, Metcalf is one of them.

I know Sharks have resigned a few lads from that side like the other Brailey, a backrower and another bloke I think, plus the coaches young fella whose broken the point scoring record for U20s or something.

Hopefully they kick on, even the now Manly grub lol, because they're talented exciting young footballers.

POPEYE

Coach

That's the way ol' mate, more clubs should be looking at the Sharks rampaging U/20's . . . not a poach either

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/41025587

Warrington Wolves have signed Penrith Panthers prop Sitaleki Akauola on a two-year deal from 2018.

The 25-year-old Tonga international has made 21 appearances for the NRL side since joining from Wests Tigers in 2016.

Coach Tony Smith told the club website: "We are looking forward to Sitaleki joining us.

"He's certainly got impact. He's a big man who will bring plenty of attributes to us and into our forward pack."

Tiger5150

Bench
http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/41025587

Warrington Wolves have signed Penrith Panthers prop Sitaleki Akauola on a two-year deal from 2018.

The 25-year-old Tonga international has made 21 appearances for the NRL side since joining from Wests Tigers in 2016.

Coach Tony Smith told the club website: "We are looking forward to Sitaleki joining us.

"He's certainly got impact. He's a big man who will bring plenty of attributes to us and into our forward pack."

Was disappointed he left the Tigers, thought he could become anything, not sure why he didnt kick on.

Kilkenny

Coach
Sook with a bad attitude

Not the case at the Panthers. He busted his guts to get the limited opportunities he received. Most Panther fans are of the opinion he deserved to be given further opportunities. You could argue he is a too good for NSW Cup perhaps not quite up to NRL standard but he will go well in the UK. Wish him all the best.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
To quote gus "you can't teach speed". Gideon has the pace to keep up with addo-Carr and has the potential to follow a similar path if he learns how to defend

Latest posts