What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Tedesco

Teddy hedging his bets. Great player, but if he goes off the boil or has a couple of serious injuries while the next big thing comes along he could be looking for a new home sooner than 4 years. The game can be cruel to players, especially so at a club that demands fast success like Easts.

super_coach

First Grade
You have to realise by not having Teddy next year has allowed us to build up other parts of our roster. Okay we have taken a massive hit with our no1 stocks but it has also allowed us to strengthen our roster right across the park.

The old saying one door closes another opens, there will be another player to cheer and shout about although unlike gutter scum Moses it will be really sad to see Teddy go

Shredder

Juniors
Agreed. We have much less key person / origin risk now.

cross the team, I reckon within 2 years we will be in a better spot.

Considering we are coming second last, I suspect it will be next year.

This is the thing about these "stars" of ours. We havent made the finals since we had them and we are second last. What sort of stars are they?

macnaz

Staff member
James Tedesco has refused to rule out the prospect of returning to the Wests Tigers to finish his NRL career after a stint at the Sydney Roosters.

Tedesco, 24, has signed a four-year deal to play for the Roosters beginning next season, and is seen as the club's next great fullback.

But Tedesco on Sunday revealed he could follow in the footsteps of Benji Marshall and finish his career at the club where it all began.

"You never know what's going to happen," he said when asked if he could ever see himself returning to the club.

"Seeing Benji come back, you wouldn't think he would come back and now he's back where he started.

"Obviously the Tigers are the club I grew up with. I'm a local boy out here and they gave me my chance and stuck by me through my injuries and stuff.
"So you never know what could happen, I might come back."

Tedesco will play his last game for the Tigers at Campbelltown Stadium on Friday night against North Queensland, and admitted it could be an emotional outing.

The NSW State of Origin fullback grew up in nearby Menangle, and attended local school St Gregory's College before going on to become one of the most destructive backs in the game.

"It be pretty special for me and obviously pretty emotional - my last game as a Campbelltown kid and coming through the grades here," he said.

"It could be the last time that I chuck on a Tigers jersey and play out here and run out from the home sheds. It will probably all sink in after this game on Friday.

"But I've signed a deal at the Roosters and I'm looking forward to next year."

Meanwhile Tedesco revealed he and fellow outgoing star Aaron Woods had spoken of the importance of leaving a legacy for younger players to build on next year after a rough start to 2017.

The Tigers have improved markedly in recent weeks, while Tedesco starred with a try, try-assist and two crucial try-saving tackles in Saturday night's close to the Roosters.

"We know it's going to be our last games here so we want to leave our mark and make the most of it while we can," he said.
Pity you couldnt stick around and repay the club.

Clifferd

Coach
I dunno if I could take him back by then.

Can only hope his dream of winning a prem with the roosters comes unstuck and he begs to come back to us on a cheap deal after winning our 3rd in a row

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I dunno if I could take him back by then.

Can only hope his dream of winning a prem with the roosters comes unstuck and he begs to come back to us on a cheap deal after winning our 3rd in a row

i forgive and forget..
he would come back even better if thats possible.
Dont want Sharon back though.

i forgive and forget..
he would come back even better if thats possible.
Dont want Sharon back though.

If we go ahead and jag one while he's away molesting lap dogs with Myth Piss he can go get f**ked. Didn't want to work for it so why would you let him parachute back into the club once others have done the hard work? Even if we hadn't won one and were on the cusp I wouldn't get rid of Lolo for him just out of honour.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
If we go ahead and jag one while he's away molesting lap dogs with Myth Piss he can go get f**ked. Didn't want to work for it so why would you let him parachute back into the club once others have done the hard work? Even if we hadn't won one and were on the cusp I wouldn't get rid of Lolo for him just out of honour.

its just that hes such a talent,to leave us for of all teams the cocks.....hard to forgive mimm
Hes been badly advised.

its just that hes such a talent,to leave us for of all teams the cocks.....hard to forgive mimm
Hes been badly advised.

I don't care about his talent. That's the f**king problem with this code, they don't have the brains to match their talent and everyone still fawns over the merkins so they think they're beyond reproach. Having all the talent that he has doesn't mean he can carry on like a grade A spanner.

Don't shit on your team mates as justification for signing with another club. He's said that he's too good to be here, and that he should be at a club with a chance of winning a premiership so he's parachuted into one, hasn't worked with Easts to get there but will walk in when they're geared up to win one.

Now I don't have a problem if he has aspirations to win a premiership as that is the aim of all players who play first grade, but don't dog the boys and make out like it's their fault you'll never win one here. If all these talented juniors who were asking coin similar to that of Cronk, Smith and Slater were all really that good, we'd have not missed the finals the whole time that Woods, Teddy, Moses and Brooks have all been playing for us.

Moreover do you think Uncle Nick will stick by him if he pops his ACL two years running and they get f**k all game time out of him? No, he'll be on the scrap heap quicksmart. Just ask Anthony Cherrington.

Jog on merkin, don't come back.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
[QUOTE
="The Charlatan, post: 12418106, member: 39894"]I don't care about his talent. That's the f**king problem with this code, they don't have the brains to match their talent and everyone still fawns over the merkins so they think they're beyond reproach. Having all the talent that he has doesn't mean he can carry on like a grade A spanner.

Don't shit on your team mates as justification for signing with another club. He's said that he's too good to be here, and that he should be at a club with a chance of winning a premiership so he's parachuted into one, hasn't worked with Easts to get there but will walk in when they're geared up to win one.

Now I don't have a problem if he has aspirations to win a premiership as that is the aim of all players who play first grade, but don't dog the boys and make out like it's their fault you'll never win one here. If all these talented juniors who were asking coin similar to that of Cronk, Smith and Slater were all really that good, we'd have not missed the finals the whole time that Woods, Teddy, Moses and Brooks have all been playing for us.

Moreover do you think Uncle Nick will stick by him if he pops his ACL two years running and they get f**k all game time out of him? No, he'll be on the scrap heap quicksmart. Just ask Anthony Cherrington.

Jog on merkin, don't come back.[/QUOTE]

One way or the other Charl we will have a decent top 4 team about 2020.
Just need a couple of more guns.
Me personally,i would love Teddy back....I'm sure i'm not Robinson Crusoe.

Not having a shot at you Teedubs, more the game in general.

Disillusioned at how these merkins can behave like this reckon they'd just waltz back in. It happens because clubs excuse it if they're good enough.

Tigerm

First Grade
Not having a shot at you Teedubs, more the game in general.

Disillusioned at how these merkins can behave like this reckon they'd just waltz back in. It happens because clubs excuse it if they're good enough.
While I agree with your sentiment, everyone's jobs are on the line, if we don't move up the ladder and if Teddy did become available and it was felt (by the club) he could improve the team, then he will welcomed back with open arms, I guess that's just professional sport. Winning is everything.

Tiger Ted

Bench
[QUOTE
="The Charlatan, post: 12418106, member: 39894"]I don't care about his talent. That's the f**king problem with this code, they don't have the brains to match their talent and everyone still fawns over the merkins so they think they're beyond reproach. Having all the talent that he has doesn't mean he can carry on like a grade A spanner.

Jog on merkin, don't come back.

One way or the other Charl we will have a decent top 4 team about 2020.
Just need a couple of more guns.
Me personally,i would love Teddy back....I'm sure i'm not Robinson Crusoe.[/QUOTE]
I'd prefer Nathan Cleary than Turdesco coming back.We could deadset win the comp with IC's son managing the team around the park !!

Clifferd

Coach
Yeah we are probably a quality half away from being really competitive now.

I reckon if we snared Cronk for 2 years big chance we could've nabbed top 4

Latest posts