What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

OldPanther

Coach
I'm neither for or against Pearce. It is just NSW have a habit of throwing young halves in because "they need someone new" and all it does is stuff the player up. In fact I think Pearce was thrown into the Origin cauldron way before he was ready, and that hurt him more than helped him.

Cleary displays maturity and calmness on the field, but doing so on a team where (at the moment) there is little pressure on him or expectation. Compared to being in State of Origin with enormous pressure and expectation on him, are two different things. If he does not perform to levels expected do we then toss him on the scrap heap as has happened to many a halfback since the Andrew Johns days?

I'd rather not use Cleary in Origin in 2018 unless every other option is out injured. I think rushing him in would merely hurt his development long term.

The fact that he's performing while most of our games the last few weeks are season defining I think says enough.

OldPanther

Coach
All you panthers fans willing to let Cleary play now that the NSW clean out has begun?

Yes. He appears far too composed for it to rattle him. He has a history of stepping up while maintaining a certain level of performance.

Not as much as you're going to miss Pearce.
He might not be going anywhere yet.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the NSW hierarchy. They will find a way to justify his selection. I'd consider Boyd Cordner on more shaky ground than Pearce.

Am I saying that because I believe Pearce deserves to be there? Hardly. I just have an unshakeable faith in idiotic decision makers in Blues high places.

SBD82

Coach
He might not be going anywhere yet.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the NSW hierarchy. They will find a way to justify his selection. I'd consider Boyd Cordner on more shaky ground than Pearce.

Am I saying that because I believe Pearce deserves to be there? Hardly. I just have an unshakeable faith in idiotic decision makers in Blues high places.

I'll never underestimate their stupidity.

But someday pearce's origin career will be over. And I'm sure you and a lot of other qlders will mark the day with a quiet tear.

Haha I'm not, he still posts on leagueunlimited from time to time though. He said he had to "dumb himself down" to appropriately communicate with the people on here, and I can understand why. He told me he has a book under his bed, with predicted rep teams up to 5 years in the future. And his selections are always correct (e.g. he has Pearce as the NSW 7 this year, he will have the Aus 17 jersey next year and in 3 years he will have the Aus 7 and the (C)).
Well the April 2012 'book under the bed' predictions sure turned out to be as dependable as a politician's promise. What else does the book under the bed predict? A NSW win in 2018?

Last edited:

MKCS

Juniors
Honestly as a Roosters fan I think there are at least 4 better options than Pearce out there right now.

In no particular order:

- Chad Townsend (If they pick Maloney next year you've got Townsend who is solid and wouldn't let anyone down)

- Matt Moylan (Is now playing in the halves week after week. Did play a game with Maloney last year and won)

- Mitchell Moses (Has played well for Parramatta all year)

- Nathan Cleary (Might be too young but if he's consistently playing well next year then he definitely needs a look)

Honestly as a Roosters fan I think there are at least 4 better options than Pearce out there right now.

In no particular order:

- Chad Townsend (If they pick Maloney next year you've got Townsend who is solid and wouldn't let anyone down)

- Matt Moylan (Is now playing in the halves week after week. Did play a game with Maloney last year and won)

- Mitchell Moses (Has played well for Parramatta all year)

- Nathan Cleary (Might be too young but if he's consistently playing well next year then he definitely needs a look)

There's also other guys coming through that look really promising.

Clint Gutherson - would have been close to winning the Daly M had it not been for the injury.

Brock Lamb - he's been brilliant in a shit knights team.

Connor Watson - why tf did the Roosters let this guy go?

OldPanther

Coach
There's also other guys coming through that look really promising.

Clint Gutherson - would have been close to winning the Daly M had it not been for the injury.

Brock Lamb - he's been brilliant in a shit knights team.

Connor Watson - why tf did the Roosters let this guy go?

Tedesco.

gregstar

Referee
He's p

Pearce is probably going to get a statue erected outside of Suncorp in recognition of services rendered.
Agree totally.

In fact one more series from him & I'd say they should remove Wally's statue and put Pearceoff up in bronze. Or maybe even gold.

Just how f**king stupid are the bloos selectors?

Tommy Smith

Referee
They should have f**ked off one of the halves before letting him go.
Lol yeah let's f**k off the best 5/8 in the NRL this year in Luke Keary.

Or maybe our organising halfback. That way we can have two off the cuff attacking 5/8s in our team with no direction.

Brilliant.

Latest posts