What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 First Grade 17

Vic Mackey

Referee
He made his debut at 25 because he had a tumour in his leg that took 3 years out of his career you maniac. The guy tackles everything that moves and makes 120m+ a game. He's a beast.

Agree

In fact I'd go as far to say that he's the best defensive player in the club. Technically he is perfect

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Fair call. I stand by my comment though. I'm 50/50 as to me he does have a touch of the plodder about him.

He's definitely in front of McQueen.
I see what you're saying, but don't let the fact he has a dad bod distract you from his true value. He is willing to do the one percenters and the non-glory players others often won't. He reminds me of a bigger Liam Fulton and I think he's great to have on board.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Fair call. I stand by my comment though. I'm 50/50 as to me he does have a touch of the plodder about him.

He's definitely in front of McQueen.

RR...I agree a little with u about Huth.
He does though have the dad bod ,long lean,similar to the Twal doll,but doll has more impact and will fill out his body more as he gets older.
I'm on the fence with Huth,but prepared to give him time in 2018.
Needs to improve slightly to make the 17 in 2018
A nice offload would help,as he runs and tackles hard enough

Last edited:
Since Huth and Twal have come into our side the WT have become more competitive which these boys deserves some credit for,if it's bugger all impact your after than you stick to Lovett,Edwards and co who can plodder non stop for 80 minutes.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Thankfully they haven't been tutored by the defense coaching guru the sheenius's left testicle Royce the imbecile Simmons !!!

Yes,you have brought back memories of a few others who took Tigers money on false pretences.Almost choked on my corn flakes this morning.
Here are a few more:

Wayne Mr PR Cousins
Humpty Dumpty
Grant Meyer
Jason Taylor
Dr Kevorkian Kuan
Rod Reddy

Just wondering,did Roycee pay us back for the missing witches hats when he left the club?

Front-Rower

First Grade
The number 2 in ISP Cup today will not be in first grade next year. He'd be lucky to get a local A grade game based on this effort.

magpie_man

Juniors
He's a worker not an impact player that can create something out of nothing. I'd love him in the team but at the expense of who? Lawrence? McQueen who we paid 450k for? Taylor who tackles his ring out week in week out? Aloiai who is quite possibly our strongest ball runner?

And I can't really see him as an asset on the bench. I see him as an 80 min player or not at all

Tough times ahead for IC. But in a good way because I definitely feel he is nrl standard.

It doesn't really matter how much we're paying McQueen, if there are players in the squad who are performing better they should be in the team ahead of him.
Ditto for Brooks.

Clifferd

Coach
It doesn't really matter how much we're paying McQueen, if there are players in the squad who are performing better they should be in the team ahead of him.
Ditto for Brooks.

Yeah I guess that's true, just pisses me off because that 450k possibly could've assisted in getting a better recruit

Tiger Ted

Bench
Ditto for Brooks.
Geez I hope that if Brooks doesn't rectify his many deficiencies that IC rapidly relegates him to reserve grade !!

As far as I'm concerned game management is going to b our primary weakness albeit I'm quite satisfied with the rest of the squad !

Tiger05

First Grade
Ditto for Brooks.

I agree with this. IC should pick the best performing player.

Radical Rat

Juniors
I see what you're saying, but don't let the fact he has a dad bod distract you from his true value. He is willing to do the one percenters and the non-glory players others often won't. He reminds me of a bigger Liam Fulton and I think he's great to have on board.
Agreed but we already have ET playing that role. For me we can't use up two backrow positions playing that role.

So if it's one or the other then it has to be ET.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Agreed but we already have ET playing that role. For me we can't use up two backrow positions playing that role.

The way i see it,we cannot have ET,Lawrence and The Huth as the back 3 forwards...
There is just not any strike power in those 3....and very few tries in them.
Aloioi needs to be there judging on his last 2 games.......maybe Masters as well...

Last edited:

Latest posts