What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 First Grade 17

Tiger05

First Grade
The way i see it,we cannot have ET,Lawrence and The Huth as the back 3 forwards...
There is just not any strike power in those 3....and very few tries in them.
Aloioi needs to be there judging on his last 2 games.......maybe Masters as well...

Aloiai needs to be one of the first forwards picked. If he can cut it in the backrow then he needs to be there. The Huth looks good but he is very similar to Taylor.

It's going to be tough picking the team.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Total waste of money & for 3 yrs at a stage of his footy career when he is on a downward trajectory !

And having surgery on his neck as well
Might be a bit timid next year IF he gets on the field at all
This was a JT signing so let's hope he retires early.
Imagine some of the signings if JT was still here in 2019.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Aloiai needs to be one of the first forwards picked. If he can cut it in the backrow then he needs to be there. The Huth looks good but he is very similar to Taylor.

It's going to be tough picking the team.
It's a nice & rare problem for this club to have an abundance of NRL standard forwards to choose from.

I just hope our spine aims up otherwise a quality roster will come to nothing !!!

I also reckon Gould & Griffin will b hoping our 6 & 7 gel & in particular that our 7 can succeed otherwise there gun no. 7 will b lured to Concord by his old man!!

magpie4ever

First Grade
I will have a shot at this but I will named 20 to cover injuries from the trials and in no particular order.

1. Marshall
2. Nofoaluma
3. Suli
4. Marsters
5. Milne
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Mcillrick
10. Grant
11. Lawrence
12. McQueen
13. Taylor
14. Eisenhuth
15. Twal
16. Matulino
17. Lolohea
18. Ailoai
19. Felise
20. Sue

Tiger Woody

Juniors
It's a nice & rare problem for this club to have an abundance of NRL standard forwards to choose from.

I just hope our spine aims up otherwise a quality roster will come to nothing !!!

I also reckon Gould & Griffin will b hoping our 6 & 7 gel & in particular that our 7 can succeed otherwise there gun no. 7 will b lured to Concord by his old man!!

Off subject a bit but read on weekend IC has sold his house at Colloroy and purchased a new home at Newport....
I know he and his family now presently live in Leonay,so very interesting.
So in 2020 he will save petrol by giving Nathan a lift to training hopefully.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I will have a shot at this but I will named 20 to cover injuries from the trials and in no particular order.

1. Marshall
2. Nofoaluma
3. Suli
4. Marsters
5. Milne
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Mcillrick
10. Grant
11. Lawrence
12. McQueen
13. Taylor
14. Eisenhuth
15. Twal
16. Matulino
17. Lolohea
18. Ailoai
19. Felise
20. Sue
I'm quite confident that Fonua will b good enough to grab the other wing spot.I also believe Marsters will b very hard to usurp for the other centre spot.I really like this kid.Either way IC will have to find a spot for him in the 17 irrespective of whether Milne proves to IC that he deserves to b in the team.Geez there's a lot to like about our roster for '18.I just hope the spine aim up !!

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I'm quite confident that Fonua will b good enough to grab the other wing spot.I also believe Marsters will b very hard to usurp for the other centre spot.I really like this kid.Either way IC will have to find a spot for him in the 17 irrespective of whether Milne proves to IC that he deserves to b in the team.Geez there's a lot to like about our roster for '18.I just hope the spine aim up !!

this might interest you Ted.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/ex...s/news-story/cc99cfbbfb83dbefb48a6d6a6af82dfb

magpie4ever

First Grade
Off subject a bit but read on weekend IC has sold his house at Colloroy and purchased a new home at Newport....
I know he and his family now presently live in Leonay,so very interesting.
So in 2020 he will save petrol by giving Nathan a lift to training hopefully.

Maybe a job offered from the silvertails at the end of his contract with Wests.

magpie4ever

First Grade

It's not a bad roster and as you indicated there are probably 3 or 4 that have been left out of my 20.

Clifferd

Coach

1. Marshall
2. Nofoaluma
3. Suli
4. Marsters
5. Milne
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Mcillrick
10. Grant
11. Lawrence
12. McQueen
13. Taylor
14. Eisenhuth
15. Twal
16. Matulino
17. Lolohea
18. Ailoai
19. Felise
20. Sue

Fonua will be in the starting backline pretty confident. Absolutely killing it in super league ATM

I rate Milne but I dunno if I'd have him ahead of Marsters atm so I'm a fan of that centre pairing

I'd swap Liddle for Mcillwrick, more strings to his bow.

Aloiai for McQueen

I like Matulino and Twal doll on the bench too, more than capable of replacing our starting props (Grant and Packer)

Tiger Woody

Juniors

1. Marshall
2. Nofoaluma
3. Suli
4. Marsters
5. Milne
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Mcillrick
10. Grant
11. Lawrence
12. McQueen
13. Taylor
14. Eisenhuth
15. Twal
16. Matulino
17. Lolohea
18. Ailoai
19. Felise
20. Sue

Good squad Pop but 9,11 and especially 12 wont be wearing those numbers.

9. Liddle or Marshall King or Wheelhome.
11. Lolwrence on bench
12.This guy probably wont end up playing..he will retire.
18. he will be a starting 13 player.
15. The Twal doll will end up u starting prop later in 2018....

1.I do like Benjesus in 1 though.
Your actually smarter than what others may think on here.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Good squad Pop but 9,11 and especially 12 wont be wearing those numbers.

9. Liddle or Marshall King or Wheelhome.
11. Lolwrence on bench
12.This guy probably wont end up playing..he will retire.

18. he will be a starting 13 player.
15. The Twal doll will end up u starting prop later in 2018....

1.I do like Benjesus in 1 though.
Your actually smarter than what others may think on here.

Want to punt on that Trev boy?

Are you still surviving up the central coast or are you back in ole Sydney Town? Thought you had your visa revoked to enter this joint.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Fonua will be in the starting backline pretty confident. Absolutely killing it in super league ATM

I rate Milne but I dunno if I'd have him ahead of Marsters atm so I'm a fan of that centre pairing

I'd swap Liddle for Mcillwrick, more strings to his bow.

Aloiai for McQueen

I like Matulino and Twal doll on the bench too, more than capable of replacing our starting props (Grant and Packer)
Want to punt on that Trev boy?

Are you still surviving up the central coast or are you back in ole Sydney Town? Thought you had your visa revoked to enter this joint.

I dont gamble ..its a MUGS game......
but as your mate going to the dogs the unclean,longhaired,bogan,fat,illiterate,hillbilly would say "it is what it is".

Central Coast pop.
Head down to my inner west pad footy season though.
Any drinks or meals at wests clubs i get for free...so lots eating out at Wests Ashfield...The millionaires club.

magpie4ever

First Grade
I dont gamble ..its a MUGS game......
but as your mate going to the dogs the unclean,longhaired,bogan,fat,illiterate,hillbilly would say "it is what it is".

Central Coast pop.
Head down to my inner west pad footy season though.
Any drinks or meals at wests clubs i get for free...so lots eating out at Wests Ashfield...The millionaires club.

Yeah, heard to put on some weight to that skeleton body of yours, ole fellow - unfortunately, straight to the belly. You getting called keg belly, yet?

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Yeah, heard to put on some weight to that skeleton body of yours, ole fellow - unfortunately, straight to the belly. You getting called keg belly, yet?

no..not as fat as you or as bald either.....
still super fit and lots locks...no mullet though pop
Still super quick over 50 metres as well..
Just try to "have a feed with missus and dog" but maggy supporters always want to chat about the old times in 80's while im trying to eat.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Just try to "have a feed with missus and dog" but maggy supporters always want to chat about the old times in 80's while im trying to eat.

You need a job you ole fart - redundancy monies wont last forever.

But I must say you still rate yourself, pity one else did at the time or now.:cool:

magpie4ever

First Grade

What in your walking frame, you silly old fart.

the beavers

Juniors
Most people seem to have Fonoa on the wing but from what I understand of his time at Melbourne and now hull he is an outright centre and struggles on the wing.
Does anyone else see masters in the back row to accomodate fonoa? Would certainly give size and speed to the back row.
Also what are the backup fullback options after lolohea? I have read nofo played a lot of fb

Latest posts