What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast Bears/Nth Sydney/Gosford

Diesel

Referee
The Titans seem like a mess, no coach, players divided in their idea of sacking or keeping Henry,m. Seems like a good time to drive the price down

Diesel

Referee
Bears will take whatever is going, and at the moment, the Titans are the only thing on offer

flippikat

Bench
I saw a post on the Bears Facebook page saying that they're having a members-only meeting tonight about the bid. Wonder what that could mean?

Diesel

Referee
I saw a post on the Bears Facebook page saying that they're having a members-only meeting tonight about the bid. Wonder what that could mean?
No doubt, like the Reds/Pirates, the NRL has dicked them around so much they've had enough

flippikat

Bench
No doubt, like the Reds/Pirates, the NRL has dicked them around so much they've had enough

If they're giving up, the silver lining is that it makes the next expansion decision pretty straightforward - Perth and a second Brisbane team, with the Central Coast kept as a relocation option for any existing Sydney club that hits the wall.

Diesel

Referee
If they're giving up, the silver lining is that it makes the next expansion decision pretty straightforward - Perth and a second Brisbane team, with the Central Coast kept as a relocation option for any existing Sydney club that hits the wall.
That decision was pretty much made the moment the Titans were given the green light in 2005, why, 12 years later we are still waiting for both these areas to have a team is beyond me

flippikat

Bench
That decision was pretty much made the moment the Titans were given the green light in 2005, why, 12 years later we are still waiting for both these areas to have a team is beyond me

I think you're giving the NRL too much credit here - they haven't shown much sign of making any decision at all - publicly OR privately.

It would've been best for all concerned if the NRL had given Norths some sort of indication whether they had any chance of getting back into first grade (and under what scenario).

All the silence from the NRL has just left them clutching at whatever straws they can, which just comes across as desperate.

I don't see the central coast offering enough to save a Sydney club that's in trouble, unless the NRL offered a big payday (is that still on the table?)

Should be a Perth or Brisbane relocation, would then allow for a second NZ team.

Emu01

Juniors
I was just watching Nrl 360 and the sale of the Titans came up.. Andrew Webster virtually said that. Rebecca Frizzle and Darryl Kelly will win the bid for the Titans.

The hosts asked him what about the Bears bid and he said no it won't happen then Webster realised he let the cat out of the bag.

The host then said how do you know this and he laughs and said "just a street corner tip".

Later in the show Webster said he was at Nrl head quarters today.

I think he let the cat out of the bag big time.. Sorry Norths fans it's not happening. I was wanting Norths to come back in some way..

I was just watching Nrl 360 and the sale of the Titans came up.. Andrew Webster virtually said that. Rebecca Frizzle and Darryl Kelly will win the bid for the Titans.

The hosts asked him what about the Bears bid and he said no it won't happen then Webster realised he let the cat out of the bag.

The host then said how do you know this and he laughs and said "just a street corner tip".

I think he let the cat out of the bag big time.. Sorry Norths fans it's not happening. I was wanting Norths to come back in some way..

I'd like to see The bears back, clearly haven't hid that.

But if the Frizzle/Kelly bid is good then all the best to them.

That said, if we're back in this position within the next 10 years that'd should be it for the Gold Coast. Disband the club & go to a superior location.

_MayMoo 2

Juniors

Not quite: He did not say it won't happen re the Bears.

He did say those 2 at this stage were the likely new owners.

Emu01

Juniors
Not quite: He did not say it won't happen re the Bears.

He did say those 2 at this stage were the likely new owners.

Check the video again cos he definitely insinuated that Frizelle and Kelly would win the bid even though they are paying 3-4million as opposed to the bears 13m.

I know what I saw.. I want the Bears to buy the Titans so I wouldn't have made this thread if wasn't the way I explained earlier..

Hopefully someone can post the segment in question to prove me correct.

_MayMoo 2

Juniors
Check the video again cos he definitely insinuated that Frizelle and Kelly would win the bid even though they are paying 3-4million as opposed to the bears 13m.

I know what I saw.. I want the Bears to buy the Titans so I wouldn't have made this thread if wasn't the way I explained earlier..

Hopefully someone can post the segment in question to prove me correct.

Yes he did insinuate that - Correct.

He didn’t however state in relation to the Bears bid "No it won’t happen"

His opinion is that Frizelle & Co are the favourites and that would be the case at this stage I guess. Long way to go with this though and no final decision has been made. The formal process only began this week.

He also said that the process may go beyond the 31st of Oct. That wouldn’t surprise me as the NRL don’t move quickly on anything. That could be good news or bad news for the Bears - Not sure.