What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eastern Roosters

Marlins

Juniors
Instead of a full relocation would it be a better idea for the Sydney Roosters to have a name change.
The Eastern Roosters.
They were originally after the
Eastern suburbs.

The chooks home crowd attendance record isn't great at SFS. So with the chooks taking games to CC & Adelaide in recent times and having success, would a simple name change And taking home games to new territories be a solution to Sydney's saturated market and lack of expansion. While benefiting and expanding the Roosters club.

My idea would be to still base the Roosters out of Sydney(Bondi)just take half there home games away from SFS.
6x SFS
2x CC
2x Adelaide
2x Wellington

The Rabbitohs and dragons to play more home games at SFS to fill some of the gap as well.

taipan

Referee
Instead of a full relocation would it be a better idea for the Sydney Roosters to have a name change.
The Eastern Roosters.
They were originally after the
Eastern suburbs.

The chooks home crowd attendance record isn't great at SFS. So with the chooks taking games to CC & Adelaide in recent times and having success, would a simple name change And taking home games to new territories be a solution to Sydney's saturated market and lack of expansion. While benefiting and expanding the Roosters club.

My idea would be to still base the Roosters out of Sydney(Bondi)just take half there home games away from SFS.
6x SFS
2x CC
2x Adelaide
2x Wellington

The Rabbitohs and dragons to play more home games at SFS to fill some of the gap as well.

I'd give Wellington a miss and have 8 at the SFS.I doubt the Govt is going to spend moolah on a new or better SFS if the no of games played is reduced drastically .

Marlins

Juniors
I'd give Wellington a miss and have 8 at the SFS.I doubt the Govt is going to spend moolah on a new or better SFS if the no of games played is reduced drastically .
Having Souffs play more games there especially when ANZ is getting redone.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ideally Roosters would adopt Gosford properly. East Coast Roosters, 8 games sfs and 4 home games plus two "away" games at Gosford. Bring the region into the Roosters jnr and reserve grade systems,

Manly to do same with Christchurch And someone with Adelaide, maybe Wests or sharks.

OVP

Coach
I just love hearing the opinions of people who don't support a club make a suggestion for that club. I have a suggestion for you, but I will leave it your own imagination as to what that suggestion is.

p.s. we are 4th for home crowds this year. I love it when ignorant people share their ignorant opinion with everyone. It's just like Farcebook.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I live on the coast so have a bit of a conflict of interest but I do support the idea of us playing part time out of gosford. An 8-4 split in the short term seems like a fair enough balance to me. Given the club has made serious efforts with the CC district league and juniors it only makes sense to put roots down long term and acknowledge gosford as a home ground

Addressing the OP, a big NO to splitting games across multiple areas, it just dilutes the identity of the club and really only makes it nobodies team in the end. A central coast relationship like that of St george-illawarra has would be the best long term solution for the club imo

GoLeagueGo

Juniors
Nah union only works well with fascist govts ,to affect rugby league .
Well whats the excuse why Rugby League died in Paris? You cant use the Vichy excuse again because that happened 60 years before. Cmon think of some new excuses

Perth Red

Post Whore
Since Vichy RL has no real presence in Paris. It was ambitious to think it could be sustained, shame psg are a massive sporting organisation and having them behind RL could have been long term successful. Them losing badly most games didn't help. Any problem with French RL now has its roots in unions disgraceful behaviour. You can't strip a game of all its assets and ban people,from playing it and expect it to recover back to its former glory.

GoLeagueGo

Juniors
Since Vichy RL has no real presence in Paris. It was ambitious to think it could be sustained, shame psg are a massive sporting organisation and having them behind RL could have been long term successful. Them losing badly most games didn't help. Any problem with French RL now has its roots in unions disgraceful behaviour. You can't strip a game of all its assets and ban people,from playing it and expect it to recover back to its former glory.
Haha oh please! Well whats the excuse for the other 205 countries in the world that wont except Rugby League? Please say Vichy.. Please!!

taipan

Referee
Haha oh please! Well whats the excuse for the other 205 countries in the world that wont except Rugby League? Please say Vichy.. Please!!

Oh dear we have a leather patcher who can't see the woods for the trees.And I used to be one silly me.

I'll say it out loud VICHY ,and your mob got away with theft and undercutting a strong rl code with Govt collusion.The French govt spelt it out in 2002.
That lil ole act made what's happening to the Force ,look like spilling a Big Mac at McDonalds.

Another history denier in our midst.

Throw in Morocco,Italy.Yugoslavia,British Armed Services,South Africa just for good order's sake.Funny the countries where union doesn't stick their heads in to lay down barriers, rugby league is in fact growing.

Union officialdom and VICHY a match made in heaven in the 1940s.And their brilliant flirtation with apartheid in Sth Africa.Yep nothing to see here.Pure as the driven snow LOL.

Rugby league's strength ATT was in the south of France not Paris.The people most involved in the partisan movement against the Nazis came from the South from then strong rl areas.Going to Paris was a dumb decision then.

Tell me ,why does not the French ru make reparations for all the assets nicked ,and loss of income for the 6 years during WW2.Why did ru officials snuggle up to a b*rstard of an occupation Govt,in order to get rl tossed?
Why did it take til the early 2000s for rl to be given official approval to be introduced into primary and high schools?
Why did it take 50 years for the French Govt to recognise rl as an official sport, thereby denying them access to schools and Govt monies?

Last edited:

GoLeagueGo

Juniors
Oh dear we have a leather patcher who can't see the woods for the trees.

I'll say it out loud VICHY ,and your mob got away with theft.The French govt spelt it out in 2002.
That lil ole act made what's happening to the Force ,look like spilling a Big Mac at McDonalds.

Another history denier in our midst.

Throw in Morocco,Italy,Serbia,British Armed Services,South Africa just for good order's sake.Funny the countries where union doesn't stick their heads in lay down barriers rugby league is in fact growing.

Union officialdom and VICHY a match made in heaven in the 1940s.And their brilliant flirtation with apartheid in Sth Africa.Yep nothing to see here.
Why are you Rugby League "Internationalists" all the same? There is a reason why our game doesnt appeal to people outside 4 or 5 countries. Please STOP trying to embarrass the rest of us that know where the limits of our sport rests.
Please stop with the name calling its pretty juvenile to be honest.
Bring on Cronullas game tomorrow and a good finish for the season

jim_57

Staff member
Why are you Rugby League "Internationalists" all the same? There is a reason why our game doesnt appeal to people outside 4 or 5 countries. Please STOP trying to embarrass the rest of us that know where the limits of our sport rests.
Please stop with the name calling its pretty juvenile to be honest.
Bring on Cronullas game tomorrow and a good finish for the season

Must be a fun Saturday you've got happening there.