What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels v Week One Finals Team List Thread

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
Sounds like an easy fix. What would you have done?

Well i think the judicary weren't harsh enough on the chicken wings, cannonball, twisting the neck type tackles when they come into the game about 10 years ago.

Players were getting slapped on the wrist for those tackles. Not even missing a game.

They should have been 2-3 weeks suspension. That could have been a deterrent or may not have who knows.

But i dont think nrl did enough back then to try and stop it creeping into the game. As it has now. The horse has bolted everyone is doing it now.

I hear people whinge and moan about poor cameron smith missing a grand final. He twisted sam thaiday neck like a bottletop. And deserved a 2 week suspension. That happened to occur in the final series

isaiah

Bench
What a great 5 days I am going to have in here. We play the fading roosters and you get the unbeatables. Can you ban me and spoil my fun?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Well i think the judicary weren't harsh enough on the chicken wings, cannonball, twisting the neck type tackles when they come into the game about 10 years ago.

Players were getting slapped on the wrist for those tackles. Not even missing a game.

They should have been 2-3 weeks suspension. That could have been a deterrent or may not have who knows.

But i dont think nrl did enough back then to try and stop it creeping into the game. As it has now. The horse has bolted everyone is doing it now.

I hear people whinge and moan about poor cameron smith missing a grand final. He twisted sam thaiday neck like a bottletop. And deserved a 2 week suspension. That happened to occur in the final series
Penalising people more heavily would have been a bandaid solution.

I have heard a lot of people complain about the ruck but not many people come up with good solutions to the problem.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I agree the storm is the bench mark for the year and absolutely deserve the minor premiership and favouritism.

But are they that much better then other sides ? Or have they just been more consistent this year while other sides form have been up and down?

Apart from flogging the Broncos their form against the top 4-5 sides hasn't been that brilliant, a few loses and a few wins.

Have a look at their wins for the year

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I agree the storm is the bench mark for the year and absolutely deserve the minor premiership and favouritism.

But are they that much better then other sides ? Or have they just been more consistent this year while other sides form have been up and down?

Apart from flogging the Broncos their form against the top 4-5 sides hasn't been that brilliant, a few loses and a few wins.

Have a look a their wins for the year
Anyone is beatable on the day. Form during the season counts for nothing now.

Kornstar

Coach
Spoken like a man with his Blue and Gold glasses on. Every fan thinks their team is constantly dudded by the refs. I have watched every game this year and I reckon the dodgy 50-50 calls ended up being exactly that, 50-50. We have had plenty of good calls go our way.

Im not sure many of us are whinging about the penalties we are giving away it is the penalties that we are not getting that is the issue.

Sure there are games where refs just don't look your way but the fact that we've won f**k all penalty counts and halves where we have not received a penalty or got one 70 minutes into a game is pretty poor. No team is perfect but we've seemed to play a lot of perfect teams on our way to a top 4 spot (that we also apparently don't deserve for some reason).

I understand that people like yourself and Barry are more intelligent and level headed than most of us in here but sometimes you go too far in the opposite direction to seemingly curb the people who are too extreme in the "we are always robbed" basket.

Latest posts