What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Squad - Top 4?

AzzaRedV

Juniors
The pain of last Sunday is beginning to fade away and the signing of Graham made a lot things better. Although, I've been thinking about our squad next year and it's a cracker. I honestly believe we are a top 4 team next year! Well definitely top 8. The bench kinda tricks me but this is how we could go:

1. Matt Dufty
  2. Nene McDonald
  3. Euan Aitken
  4. Tim Lafai
  5. Jason Nightingale
  6. Gareth Widdop
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Graham
  9. Cameron McInnes
  10. Paul Vaughn
  11. Tyson Frizell
  12. Joel Thompson
  13. De Belin
  14. Ah Mau
  15. Sims
  16. Sele/Lawrie/Host
  17. Mann/Field
A lot of people believe Mann should be in our starting squad, but I don't know where. I don't think he would go wing because of McDonald & Nightingale. The club re-signed Nightingale, so he must be playing his last year as a winger. McDonald will stay at wing too.

Centre?

Lafai has a great offload and has some serious potential.
Atken has brutal strength and has serious potential.
Number 16: I don't mind who plays out of those 3 listed.
Number 17: Where do you put Mann? Take out an outside back for Mann? Why would we re-sign/sign Lafai, Nightingale and McDonald, if the team was wishing to play Mann in the starting squad. Jai Field would make an amazing super-sub. Did you see what he did on the weekend?

100% content with 1-15

Also, our forwards are amazing and Hunt & Widdop are exceptional.

What do you think?

jeffdragon

Bench
Still thinking about finals watching thinking we should be playing manly.
I still think we could have made a dent in finals,
Want to go as high on the ladder as possible in 18.

thebigredv

First Grade
A better team. Most likely. Top 4 team, highly unlikely. Graham and Hunt pretty good inclusions, although Packer and Dugan's absence will be felt. You must remember there are other teams whose roster looks even stronger next year too, including some of the better teams.

Next year will probably be the year McGregor implodes and he will be gone mid season. He can't get the team to win close ones and admits this himself. He's been hanging on by the skin of his teeth. Only then, when he's gone, will we start to rebuild.

mickeylane

Bench
The pain of last Sunday is beginning to fade away and the signing of Graham made a lot things better. Although, I've been thinking about our squad next year and it's a cracker. I honestly believe we are a top 4 team next year! Well definitely top 8. The bench kinda tricks me but this is how we could go:

1. Matt Dufty
  2. Nene McDonald
  3. Euan Aitken
  4. Tim Lafai
  5. Jason Nightingale
  6. Gareth Widdop
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Graham
  9. Cameron McInnes
  10. Paul Vaughn
  11. Tyson Frizell
  12. Joel Thompson
  13. De Belin
  14. Ah Mau
  15. Sims
  16. Sele/Lawrie/Host
  17. Mann/Field
A lot of people believe Mann should be in our starting squad, but I don't know where. I don't think he would go wing because of McDonald & Nightingale. The club re-signed Nightingale, so he must be playing his last year as a winger. McDonald will stay at wing too.

Centre?

Number 17: Where do you put Mann? Take out an outside back for Mann? Why would we re-sign/sign Lafai, Nightingale and McDonald, if the team was wishing to play Mann in the starting squad. Jai Field would make an amazing super-sub. Did you see what he did on the weekend?

100% content with 1-15

What do you think?
If your watching tonites semi Hunt is a magician! Will make a huge difference having a world class half back - based on this and a mediocre backline we will be a top 6 minimum..

Reddragon

Bench
If your watching tonites semi Hunt is a magician! Will make a huge difference having a world class half back - based on this and a mediocre backline we will be a top 6 minimum..

You're should stop doing this with these ridiculous, delusional posts.
Looking at a three-quarter line of McDonald, Lafai, Aitkin (I'm a centre but I don't pass the ball,), Nightingale is not top 4, barely top 8.

Forster Dragon

Juniors
I doubt if we will be top 4 and have serious doubt on our coach and his ability to get a team into the eight.Hunt is a positive on tonight's performance and just maybe the others around him may go to a better level.

giboz71

First Grade
No way in hell. Watching the Chooks and Broncs atm. No chance in hell. However, Hunt is having a reasonable game.

I kept thinkimg who on our side could have pulled off that last try?

I was picturing Widdop running straight all the way to the line, then passsing to Lafai who would outrun the whole team after a massive don't argue against his opposing centre.

Then I laughed my arse off.

Belta

Juniors
Our line speed in defence is slow compared to the teams out there tonight, our wingers don't carry the ball back with the same intensity, Vaughan and Friz, and maybe Simms are the only forwards running hard....based on the last few months I'm not as confident in a top four finish, still can't get over their overall lack of intensity considering the importance of the game....I think Graham's biggest asset will be to evoke some mongrel....having said all this we do tend to start well after the off season, perhaps it's the extra rest from not playing finals..hopefully a few more juniors will feature more prominently next year .. That's what I'm looking forward to most of all..Leilua,Host, Sele, Lawrie, Kerr, Surely Field will be used, maybe the young hooker Robson and some young backs...

JDHD

Juniors
Not having a player like Graham is the reason we didn't make the finals this year. We'll be at least 7th next year (injuries notwithstanding).

Bench
If we dont get at least one winger and a center both with speed I don't see us as top 4 next season

Saints111

Juniors
Why do we re-sign every back and why do we sign Mann and are not going play him next year, poor kid is probably hating his decision, he is a starting player in any other team, we got jai feild as well looking for a start, these two young guns are our future, they need a pernimate spot in the team our else they will be gone come end year. I still don't think mann is a winger. Replacing nightingale in 2019 for man don't think will be his preferred position, we need a coach to drop players when need be and start bringing players to their best potienal. We need McGregor gone. He's poison to the team. Goodnight

Sheridan Stand

Juniors

1. Matt Dufty
  2. Nene McDonald
  3. Euan Aitken
  4. Tim Lafai
  5. Jason Nightingale
  6. Gareth Widdop
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Graham
  9. Cameron McInnes
  10. Paul Vaughn
  11. Tyson Frizell
  12. Joel Thompson
  13. De Belin
  14. Ah Mau
  15. Sims
  16. Sele/Lawrie/Host
  17. Mann/Field

Centre?

100% content with 1-15

What do you think?

Who is our Coach and then I will answer your post.

Why do we re-sign every back and why do we sign Mann and are not going play him next year, poor kid is probably hating his decision, he is a starting player in any other team, we got jai feild as well looking for a start, these two young guns are our future, they need a pernimate spot in the team our else they will be gone come end year. I still don't think mann is a winger. Replacing nightingale in 2019 for man don't think will be his preferred position, we need a coach to drop players when need be and start bringing players to their best potienal. We need McGregor gone. He's poison to the team. Goodnight

Goodnight John Boy.