What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Frederick

Staff member
Paul Green - seriously good coach.

Broncs fans trotted out the injury excuses for their loss on Friday night but this mob don't play that game.

Very refreshing. Inspiring.

Bennett only needs 4 or 5 more origin players to get his next premiership or the excuses will keep coming.
Bennett is an absolute myth. With the talent he's had at his disposal since returning to Brisbane he should've won at least 1 premiership.

Talk about Sione moving back to centres have short memories.
He was absolute turnstile in defense worst than my friend Dane.
He was beaten on the outside everytime.
He also never broke the line.
We are better off offloading all the bros.
His defence has improved massively since moving to the back row .

Old dog

Juniors
Bit difference when players are running straight at you.
Even then he has been trampled over in the backrow.
When he has played centres this year his opposite number has given him an absolute bath.
I just don't see no place for him in the starting 13.
For the money he is on we are better off moving him on.
Played centre as a fill in due to injury, trained and played as a forward so bad comparison.
Played 100 games, coach keeps picking him, so it boils down to you just don't like him, the big question, like so many others, is why, he is still young and developing. The trouble is his name, those that hate Sione seem to hate the other three, again why, they all try very hard.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Sione is definitely worth persevering with, he's still very young and yes he has some weaknesses in his game but he was also a big part of a lot of the good stuff that we saw from our team this year. If nothing else he is a very wholehearted player with a great attitude which is something that you can't really put a set value on like you can with other stats.

Obviously if we're still having the same conversation about his defence and tackling technique in a couple of years time then I will be a lot more concerned, but at this stage I'm happy to let him develop these areas of his game.

For the record I would like to see him stay in the second row, it suits the hard lines he runs and he's probably not quick enough to play centre.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Sione is definitely worth persevering with, he's still very young and yes he has some weaknesses in his game but he was also a big part of a lot of the good stuff that we saw from our team this year. If nothing else he is a very wholehearted player with a great attitude which is something that you can't really put a set value on like you can with other stats.

Obviously if we're still having the same conversation about his defence and tackling technique in a couple of years time then I will be a lot more concerned, but at this stage I'm happy to let him develop these areas of his game.

For the record I would like to see him stay in the second row, it suits the hard lines he runs and he's probably not quick enough to play centre.
100%. I stated he would be suited for bench next year only because of the experience we'll have with Guerra, Burher & Barnett playing exceedingly well. Sione and fitz bench brings on two young aggressive forwards who run great lines and hit hard and give 110%. Gives chance for sione to continue learning in backrow without avig to but body on line for 80mins. He has played every position for knights except hooker and front row... give him a couple seasons and off seasons to stake his claim in one position.

To me he's a one club player like J Jackson. He'll be in our 17 for another decade as he's heart and soul and very talented and very young. So much to learn and improve on... including how not to continually get a hard knock on head.

Spot On

Coach
I think we are missing the point re hard knock to the head.....

There are some players who seem to cop a small knock to the head and for some reason suffer concussion or concussion like symptoms much more profoundly and often than others.

Then there are players who get absolutely belted and put their heads in spot where they are taking huge knocks are even leading with their head ie Nate Myles but it doesn't seem to effect them like it does others.

Sione seemingly suffers concussion like symptoms from minor bumps as we have seen this season. There have been others like this too. Isaac de Gois springs to mind.

Yes there is a technique issue which has caused some problems for Sione in the act of effecting a tackle but its not just that error in positioning and technique that has lead to all his HIA assessments this season.

slotmachine

First Grade
Lots of study going on with this from the NFL. Think I've read that many small knocks or several large ones in a cluster can lead to the scenario you describe (ie. innocuous contact leads to concussion-like symptoms).

The last knock Jimmy Mac got before he retired was not even a glancing blow. He barely got touched.

perverse

Referee
I think we are missing the point re hard knock to the head.....

There are some players who seem to cop a small knock to the head and for some reason suffer concussion or concussion like symptoms much more profoundly and often than others.

Then there are players who get absolutely belted and put their heads in spot where they are taking huge knocks are even leading with their head ie Nate Myles but it doesn't seem to effect them like it does others.

Sione seemingly suffers concussion like symptoms from minor bumps as we have seen this season. There have been others like this too. Isaac de Gois springs to mind.

Yes there is a technique issue which has caused some problems for Sione in the act of effecting a tackle but its not just that error in positioning and technique that has lead to all his HIA assessments this season.
It's a worry. To be honest I'm not sure if he ever recovered fully from the earlier head knocks in the season. Did he have this problem earlier than this season? I can't really recall. All we can do at this point is cross our fingers that the coaching staff are handling it with care, and that giving his head a good long off season rest will improve things.

PhilGould

Bench
Fox Sports reported on Monday that the 26-year-old hooker and lock had signed with Newcastle for the next two years and had told his Storm teammates last week that he would be leaving for the Knights.

But Griffin’s manager, Andrew Purcell, told the Newcastle Herald on Monday that Melbourne had made a strong counter-offer.

Purcell said his client was keen to repay the Storm’s loyalty after they stuck by him through three serious knee injuries in 2012, 2014 and 2015.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4916800/griffins-agent-says-storm-still-in-the-game/?cs=306

Glendale

Juniors
Manager trying to get a higher price out of us, god I hate them.

However, it seems the Storm rate him pretty well, looks a decent enough buy.

Glendale

Juniors
Everytime he has played centres he has been terrible.
His ceiling isn't very high at all.
So who does he start over in the backrow next year?
Are we seriously going start him over Barnett?

We're not going to start our captain?

Spot On

Coach
.... strong counter offer. Lol.

Griffin is 27 next year and has played about 20 NRL games.

What sort of money would we be talking here?

macavity

Referee
Slade Griffin = poor man's Jamie Buhrer

We are lacking size in the forwards so we sign yet another undersized forward. Genius.

Latest posts