What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st ODI - India v Australia at Chennai Sept 17 2017 - INDIA WON

TheParraboy

Staff member
starts 6pm AEST this Sunday, 1st of 5 ODIs

There is a warm up match against Indian Board presidents tomorrow 12th

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The squad consists of the usual all round plodders who cant bat or bowl but considered good enough to be "all rounders"

Front-Rower

First Grade
Good to see Boof taking a well earned rest after a "tiring" tour of Bangladesh. Big Sports Breakfast reported this morning that David Saker will be acting head coach for this ODI and T20 series.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Good to see Boof taking a well earned rest after a "tiring" tour of Bangladesh. Big Sports Breakfast reported this morning that David Saker will be acting head coach for this ODI and T20 series.
Fat lazy f**k, he's only just returned from a 5 month holiday.

He's a protected species.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Really?

I reckon it just goes to show we don't give a f**k about this series and the BCCI's coffers tbh.
I'd like to have a rest after coming back from a 5 day holiday let alone 5 months. The captains not resting is he??? So why should Boof??? It's his f**king job.

jargan83

Coach
I'd like to have a rest after coming back from a 5 day holiday. The captains not resting is he??? So why should Boof??? It's his f**king job.

Agree 100%

The team hadn't played any Cricket in months before the Bangladesh series and yet old mate needs some leave?

Surely he could have taken a holiday at some stage during the 5ish months of no Cricket!

Timbo

Staff member
Agree 100%

The team hadn't played any Cricket in months before the Bangladesh series and yet old mate needs some leave?

Surely he could have taken a holiday at some stage during the 5ish months of no Cricket!

I legitimately don't understand what he's resting from. He's been watching test cricket from an air conditioned room whilst staying in five-star hotels.

His job is more luxurious than most people's f**king holidays.

Bazal

Post Whore
I'd like to have a rest after coming back from a 5 day holiday let alone 5 months. The captains not resting is he??? So why should Boof??? It's his f**king job.

Can't have it both ways, though. It can't be a meaningless series about which we don't give a f**k, AND a must to have the head coach there...personally I couldn't care less.

What does Boof even do anyway? What does any cricketing head coach even do? You've got coaches for batting, and bowling, and fielding. The captain has final say over strategy and even team selection to a point. The head coach is a glorified motivational speaker and assistant to the captain these days....storm in a teacup over an irrelevant series.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Can't have it both ways, though. It can't be a meaningless series about which we don't give a f**k, AND a must to have the head coach there...personally I couldn't care less.

What does Boof even do anyway? What does any cricketing head coach even do? You've got coaches for batting, and bowling, and fielding. The captain has final say over strategy and even team selection to a point. The head coach is a glorified motivational speaker and assistant to the captain these days....storm in a teacup over an irrelevant series.
I couldn't give a f**k about the series either but it's got the point, the bloke has just come had 5 months off. It's laughable, it's his job if it's too tough for him give it to someone else.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Boofhead is so busy improving quality test cricketers like Maxwell, Wade, the Marshmallow bros etc that the poor dear needs a break.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I read an interview about his break, said it was to get his mind fresh for the Ashes series