What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gronk

Staff member
Parramatta's Mitchell Moses has perfected a wonder pass with very little practice
Michael Chammas

Parramatta halfback Mitchell Moses says he's spent very little time perfecting the highlight reel, no-look inside pass that has led to two Eels tries over the past fortnight.

Moses showed off his skills in executing the play against the Storm last Saturday afternoon, sending Will Smith over for a try with a pass that would have made Andrew Johns proud.

Crowd control: Mitchell Moses has been in outstanding form for Parramatta.

Photo: NRL Imagery
The no-look pass to an out-of-sight player on the inside shoulder has the potential to go horribly wrong, but it appears everything Moses touches will turn to gold at the Eels as the former Tiger looks to guide the club to its first grand final since 2009.

"We actually haven't worked too much on it," Moses said. "It's a play we've got going the last couple of weeks since Will [Smith] has been in the team. I just have full trust that Will will be there. If I put it in the right spot, I know he'll be there."

After four seasons in the NRL, Moses finally experienced his first dose of finals football in Parramatta's two-point loss to the Storm.

"Yeah it was really good. I was blowing massively in the first 15 minutes with all the adrenalin there," he said. "I just needed to settle into the game. I felt pretty comfortable out there. A few calls didn't go our way so we'll look to fix that up."

Despite the narrow loss, the Eels' premiership credentials have strengthened, such was the resolve and fight they showed against the runaway title favourites.

While the Eels were disappointed they lacked the killer instinct to finish the job, Moses insists there's plenty of positivity among the players, given they almost achieved what many deemed impossible.

"We've got a lot of improvement," Moses said. "We did lose that game by two points so we'll take a lot of positives out of it but we have a lot of improvement left. We're a lot better side than that. We'll be looking to get back on whoever we [play] next week. It was pretty much ill-discipline. We made a few errors coming out of our own end that didn't help. It is pretty much ill-discipline that lets a team like Melbourne make easy metres like that and let them off the hook.

"We knew if we got the ball back and got down there and went set for set, we could get on top of them. We did that in the first half and we felt that we were on top of them. We just didn't do it for 80 minutes. We had two play-the-balls in their 20 in the second half. That really hurt us. It was our own fault. We shot ourselves in the foot by letting them off the hook too easy and not building pressure."

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sp...ith-very-little-practice-20170911-gyf9bo.html

Gronk

Staff member
Triple M and the Australian's Brent Read has revealed to the Dead Set Legends, Bevan French and Kaysa Pritchard are set to return for the Parramatta Eels' do-or-die Semi-Final against the North Queensland Cowboys on Saturday night.

"I spoke to Brad Arthur yesterday and he indicated that both Bevan French and Kaysa Pritchard would both be fit and available to play this week," Ready said.

"I would imagine French would definitely come back into that team - not to sure on Kaysa Pritchard because Cameron King has been doing a pretty good job - but definitely Bevan French back from them this week."

French injured his hamstring during the Round 24 home game against the Titans and will be a welcome addition to Brad Arthur's backline arsenal.

Meanwhile, Pritcahrd (derp) hasn't appeared since suffering what was initially diagnosed as a season-ending injury in June but looks set to push for selection against the Cowboys, especially after foxsports.com.au revealed current Eels hooker Cameron King lost all feeling in his left arm after a tackle went wrong against the Storm.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nr...-to-return-against-the-cowboys?station=sydney

Forty20

First Grade
The Tip Sheet – Episode 3: Steve Murphy, Parramatta Eels Assistant Coach & Backs Coach

NRL+Rd+1+Eels+v+Warriors+h5DtIBVmVfax.jpg

Part three of TCT’s pioneering exploration into the make up of the Parramatta Eels is here and this time we sit down with Steve Murphy. Murphy is one of two Assistant Coaches to Brad Arthur and his responsibilities also encompass the dynamic array of backs at the Eels (catch Episode 2 where we speak with Peter Gentle, Assistant Coach & Forwards Coach).

As with Joey Grima and Peter Gentle before him, Murphy shines a rarely seen light into the operations of a rising NRL club. From the sensational edge transition of Michael Jennings to the rapid fire acclimatisation of Mitchell Moses and to just what exactly he does on game day – Murphy happily covers everything we throw at him and then some.

We would like to extend a huge thank you to Steve (and Peter) for taking time out of their preparation for the Week 1 Final against the Melbourne Storm to speak with us. To say it was a pleasure and a privilege is putting it mildly! The team’s almighty effort on Saturday against the nigh-unbackable Storm is reflective of the stellar efforts of all the coaches and support stuff at our club.

Hopefully you all enjoy this chat as much as we did, see you all at ANZ on Saturday when we host the Cowboys!

Clicky

Steve Murphy marks the third coach to have a chat with us about the club and his own role within it. Sixties and I are massively appreciative of both Steve Murphy and Peter Gentle taking the time last week to sit down and have a yarn with us. Given how busy the club is at both NRL and NYC levels in the coming week or two we don't have anything lined up just yet for Episode 4 but we are quite hopeful to tee up a fair few more interviews when everything settles down.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
we don't have anything lined up just yet for Episode 4 but we are quite hopeful to tee up a fair few more interviews when everything settles down.

What? I was expecting a BA interview ........:wink:

Good work, great interviews!! The club obviously now trust you guys!!

An interview with Luke Burt or the cougar would be good, if you could somehow jag one of them!!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Clicky

Steve Murphy marks the third coach to have a chat with us about the club and his own role within it. Sixties and I are massively appreciative of both Steve Murphy and Peter Gentle taking the time last week to sit down and have a yarn with us. Given how busy the club is at both NRL and NYC levels in the coming week or two we don't have anything lined up just yet for Episode 4 but we are quite hopeful to tee up a fair few more interviews when everything settles down.
Good stuff.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Gower was on the Big Sports Breakfast this morning.

He speaks very well but gave the stereotypical cliched answers. What worried me though was that twice he made reference to the prelim-final against the roosters... then quickly realised what he had said then backtracked with the usual but we aren't thinking about that yet we need to beat the Cowboys first yada yada.

Just goes to show they definitely are thinking about next week already, as much as you try not to its only natural your mind wanders. I just hope the merkins turn up to play this Saturday and get it done.

forward pass

Coach
Gower was on the Big Sports Breakfast this morning.

He speaks very well but gave the stereotypical cliched answers. What worried me though was that twice he made reference to the prelim-final against the roosters... then quickly realised what he had said then backtracked with the usual but we aren't thinking about that yet we need to beat the Cowboys first yada yada.

Just goes to show they definitely are thinking about next week already, as much as you try not to its only natural your mind wanders. I just hope the merkins turn up to play this Saturday and get it done.

What - us turn up raging hot favourites against the cowboys in a semi final and fall to pieces??? Could never happen.

Latest posts