What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals week 2 - Eels v cowboys

Gronk

Staff member
Andrew Webster mentioned on NRL360 something like, he knows that the club is concerned we may not be "up" for this week.
I think he said the same on the Sunday Footy Show and based it on that we were "devastated" after the loss to Storm. What a crock of shit. Nomz looks devo.

2017-09-13 05.58.24.png

Last edited:

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Do not let this happy again

Remember this like it was yesterday... I was in NZ doing a camper-van trip with my family in the middle of Bumf**k Idaho.

Could not find anywhere in this little shanty town where the game was showing so the old man drove us to the top of the hill so we could get what at best was 4/10 radio reception... the only way we could hear it clearly enough was for someone to stand outside of the van holding the aerial at a certain angle, which would have been fine apart from the fact is was about 4 degrees, blowing a gale and sleeting down with rain. While the other sat in the drivers seat with the Window down so the person outside could hear.

Me and the old man took turns holding this aerial 20 mins or so at a time because straight up one of us would have got hypothermia or something... all along we were sitting there listening to us get our asses handed to us.

Worst I've ever felt after a game by a distance.

forward pass

Coach
Remember this like it was yesterday... I was in NZ doing a camper-van trip with my family in the middle of Bumf**k Idaho.

Could not find anywhere in this little shanty town where the game was showing so the old man drove us to the top of the hill so we could get what at best was 4/10 radio reception... the only way we could hear it clearly enough was for someone to stand outside of the van holding the aerial at a certain angle, which would have been fine apart from the fact is was about 4 degrees, blowing a gale and sleeting down with rain. While the other sat in the drivers seat with the Window down so the person outside could hear.

Me and the old man took turns holding this aerial 20 mins or so at a time because straight up one of us would have got hypothermia or something... all along we were sitting there listening to us get our asses handed to us.

Worst I've ever felt after a game by a distance.

Too bad you were not at the 1998 Semi v Bulldogs. That is a shame. After being at that match - absolutely no match will ever shatter you worse. Not even this weekend.

Ah....good times those.

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Worst day of football ever, I felt worse than I did after the 2001 GF.

We would of beat he Tigers Ye next week without a doubt.

That was really the one that got away!!

But we did go into that game with out our two best forwards Hindy /Fui.

Wasn't it rumoured Hindy probably could have played but smith rested him.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
That's was one of the rare times i left the game early with 15 to go.

To lose like that 29-0 was embarrassing and felt worse then 2001. As we would have beaten the tigers the following week.

If only Tim smith didn't panic and passed it on a overlap instead of kicking where grothe got his fingertips to it.

The game would have been so muxh different if we had scored early.

Stevie

Bench
I have to say guys, isn't it great to be so involved in footy this time of year?! We have to win this week and we are into the GRAND FINAL QUALIFIER!! If we were to beat the Roosters we are playing for the premiership!!! Let that sink in for a second.

I have a confession, my first year not being a member in about 7 as I was just so sick and tired of being let down, heart broken or disappointed by the club. I did it as a sort of protest of my own. I also rolled my eyes when we were so desperate to sign Moses mid season, I thought his defence would be Sandow esque.

But you know what? I was wrong. If we got beat by an awesome Cowboys effort this week (although of course I don't want that) then I could still be proud.

I am so excited about the journey we are on this year and am grateful for the ride!!!

If any Eels players are reading this, than thank you. Lets go Parra and lets f**king smash the Cowboys this week!

2 more wins to play for the title!!!!! 2 more f**king wins!!!

Angry_eel

First Grade
I think our scars are getting the better of us. I feel and I hope Arthur is a different type of coach to Smith.

On the other hand, look at Paul Green sounding like McGregor, "We can beat the world!". I am wary but it's not like Cowboys aren't cocky.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
That's was one of the rare times i left the game early with 15 to go.

To lose like that 29-0 was embarrassing and felt worse then 2001. As we would have beaten the tigers the following week.

If only Tim smith didn't panic and passed it on a overlap instead of kicking where grothe got his fingertips to it.

The game would have been so muxh different if we had scored early.

I was only 11 at the time and the only thing I remember from this game was Daniel wagon racing up out of the line to put pressure on Bowen and they scored because of the gap created in the defensive line.