What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Bazal

Post Whore
"Parramatta forward David Gower has re-signed with the club.

Market Watch can reveal the veteran forward has signed on for another season.

Turning 32 in just a few weeks, Gower has made a home for himself at the Eels.

Having spent time at the Tigers, Dragons and Sea Eagles, it was his move to the Eels in 2014 that produced his best footy.

A NSW City Origin representative, Gower has featured in seven games this season."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/66add9309e249204aaf01e85449ff2df

That's surprising.

It's great, don't get me wrong, I love Gowie. I just thought for sure he'd be able to get a first grade deal elsewhere. He's good enough to be in plenty of top 17s

Gronk

Staff member
I dunno. We often don't place a lot of importance on second tier players in the media sense.

I guess I was comparing him to others. When they are released to other teams or a merkin has retired they usually get some sort of a mention. Don't they ? 11 FG games 2016/17 not worth a short note ?

The Colonel

Immortal
That's surprising.

It's great, don't get me wrong, I love Gowie. I just thought for sure he'd be able to get a first grade deal elsewhere. He's good enough to be in plenty of top 17s

Gowie is a team man. I don't think he minds not playing regularly but will take his shot when given and not let us down. Hard to start again at another club at his age so I guess the deal wasn't so bad. Definitely able to hold down a spot at other clubs. Helps again letting some youngsters take their time into first grade.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Gowie is a team man. I don't think he minds not playing regularly but will take his shot when given and not let us down. Hard to start again at another club at his age so I guess the deal wasn't so bad. Definitely able to hold down a spot at other clubs. Helps again letting some youngsters take their time into first grade.
And I think his 'fit' into the culture contributes to his value, and this is more of an unknown outside of our club.

Gronk

Staff member
And I think his 'fit' into the culture contributes to his value, and this is more of an unknown outside of our club.

Freddy Fittler did not select him in the City side bc he was the only backrower available after a few injuries. He obviously saw the benefit of having Gower in the side beyond what he brings to the paddock.

Gronk

Staff member
Nathan Brown a walk up to that team if he wasn't still in action.

IIRC he has declared himself available for Italy. So I'm guessing that Mal would be keeping merkins fit who are available for the AU side ?

EDIT: Hmm is Teddy & Api playing for Italy / PNG ? OK I have no idea. As you were.

Gronk

Staff member
Windscreens will be shattered....

rimshot.gif

Basil Brush

Juniors
Gower seems a good club man and an extremely good back up first grader. He has never let us down.

I am glad he has signed up again.

I hear Frank Pritchard is not far behind him.

Latest posts