What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

doyen

Bench
Then why hasn't he signed?
Why wouldn't he go elsewhere?

Let us know how you know.

Crichton has had a great 2017 & obviously has huge potential.

If he continues with his form & development he will almost certainly play rep football.

If he does play rep his bargaining power will increase. If I was Angus I would not sign a contract so as to keep my options open.
This is possibly the reason he hasn't signed yet & what his manager has advised at this point!

For a start, No other league teams can approach him until November as he's under contract for next year. For seconds, he's currently in a hospital bed recuperating from some post season surgery so I doubt he's negotiating contracts.

I expect he'll wait until November to see what sort of offers come his way but I'm very hopeful he'll remain at Souths.

He may well be fielding offers from Union but I doubt he'll go back that way as they treated him pretty poorly to begin with. At least not for his next contract anyway. That's why he came to us in the first place.

Travitoh

First Grade
Crichton has had a great 2017 & obviously has huge potential.

If he continues with his form & development he will almost certainly play rep football.

If he does play rep his bargaining power will increase. If I was Angus I would not sign a contract so as to keep my options open.
This is possibly the reason he hasn't signed yet & what his manager has advised at this point!

Certainly. We'll be wanting to sign him long term so he would rightly want to earn what he believes he'll be worth over that period of time, a value that continues to rise!
Also, i wonder if the value of the contracts that the twins are on would be a hurdle in negotiations? I mean, why should he accept less money than what George is earning?

Travitoh

First Grade
Looking at a potential round one line up based on who is currently under contract...

1 GI
2 AJ
3 Hunt
4 Gagai
5 Graham
6 Cody
7 AR
8 Sam
9 Cook
10 Tom
11 Fuimaono
12 Crichton
13 Murray

14 Gosiewski
15 Clark
16 Musgrove
17 George

Our bench still lacks a bit of punch imo, i would've liked to see Cherrington retained but get the impression he was a lazy trainer.
It will change over preseason and guys like Burns, Jennings, Britt, Johnstone etc could very well push their way into the side.
If our stars perform, i don't see why we can't play finals next year. We've got Origin reps, we've got genuine international footballers, we've got premiership winners and we've got promising kids. The past two seasons haven't been good enough and the same result again next season won't be good enough.
The only other teams i can see pushing to play finals next season from outside the 8 are Dragons and Canberra. With a good preseason, we are in the mix i believe

southsport

First Grade
For a start, No other league teams can approach him until November as he's under contract for next year. For seconds, he's currently in a hospital bed recuperating from some post season surgery so I doubt he's negotiating contracts.

I expect he'll wait until November to see what sort of offers come his way but I'm very hopeful he'll remain at Souths.

He may well be fielding offers from Union but I doubt he'll go back that way as they treated him pretty poorly to begin with. At least not for his next contract anyway. That's why he came to us in the first place.

That "can't field offers" is BS, it's impossible to police.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade

Travitoh Juniors
Looking at a potential round one line up based on who is currently under contract...

1 GI
2 AJ
3 Hunt................dud... please dylan walker come home
4 Gagai
5 Graham............we need a far far far better winger he aint no terry fahay i can assure you
6 Cody
7 AR...................made of glass he cant even stay on the paddock for 10mins move him on
8 Sam
9 Cook
10 Tom
11 Fuimaono........prefer fui than hunt in the centres we need a much better forward than fui
12 Crichton
13 Murray.............he has earnt his spot in 2017 he will only get better in 2018

14 Gosiewski.........dud
15 Clark.................dud
16 Musgrove...........half a dud does nothing to inspire me he is a marshmallow
17 George

SOUTHS HAVE A SHIIIT TEAM IF CROWE//RICHO/SIEBOLD AND THE SOUTHS BOARD OF DIRECTORS THINK LIKE TRASHITOH DOES THEN WE ARE CERTAINLY DOOMED IN 2018 F A CT!!!...S H A D O W..

Last edited:

Itsamansgame

Juniors

1 GI
2 AJ
3 Hunt
4 Gagai
5 Graham
6 Cody
7 AR
8 Sam
9 Cook
10 Tom
11 Fuimaono
12 Crichton
13 Murray

14 Gosiewski
15 Clark
16 Musgrove
17 George

Our bench still lacks a bit of punch imo, i would've liked to see Cherrington retained but get the impression he was a lazy trainer.
It will change over preseason and guys like Burns, Jennings, Britt, Johnstone etc could very well push their way into the side.
If our stars perform, i don't see why we can't play finals next year. We've got Origin reps, we've got genuine international footballers, we've got premiership winners and we've got promising kids. The past two seasons haven't been good enough and the same result again next season won't be good enough.
The only other teams i can see pushing to play finals next season from outside the 8 are Dragons and Canberra. With a good preseason, we are in the mix i believe
Would agree with that team......but depth will kill us!

Itsamansgame

Juniors

Travitoh Juniors

1 GI
2 AJ
3 Hunt................dud... please dylan walker come home
4 Gagai
5 Graham............we need a far far far better winger he aint no terry fahay i can assure you
6 Cody
7 AR...................made of glass he cant even stay on the paddock for 10mins move him on
8 Sam
9 Cook
10 Tom
11 Fuimaono........prefer fui than hunt in the centres we need a much better forward than fui
12 Crichton
13 Murray.............he has earnt his spot in 2017 he will only get better in 2018

14 Gosiewski.........dud
15 Clark.................dud
16 Musgrove...........half a dud does nothing to inspire me he is a marshmallow
17 George

SOUTHS HAVE A SHIIIT TEAM IF CROWE//RICHO/SIEBOLD AND THE SOUTHS BOARD OF DIRECTORS THINK LIKE TRASHITOH DOES THEN WE ARE CERTAINLY DOOMED IN 2018 F A CT!!!...S H A D O W..
Agreed that is the best possible line up,and I can't disagree with your summary shadow!

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors

1 GI
2 AJ
3 Hunt
4 Gagai
5 Graham
6 Cody
7 AR
8 Sam
9 Cook
10 Tom
11 Fuimaono
12 Crichton
13 Murray

14 Gosiewski
15 Clark
16 Musgrove
17 George

Would have Jennings ahead of either Hunt or Graham in the top 17
In a perfect world we would still be signing
- quality centre or fullback ( with GI to Centres)
- Prop (or x2)
(Sam in backrow on edge with Fui to bench)
-Cronk (Farah & Walker released)
Not sold on Clark or Gos guarantee in top 17

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
- Prop (or x2)

jennings ...dud
gi at fb...
buy 2 ball playing forwards/props
release farah... walker/cronk
souths need to seriously buy a gun winger and a gun centre
clark/gosie are duds and if they were both at melb or at the donkeys i can assure you they would had both been released soon after both their debut...bellamy/bennett would not entertain the thought of having these 2 duds on their bench no way it would never happen but souths are dumb so we have them on our bench fug me...Shadow...

southsport

First Grade
- Prop (or x2)

Yeah, I thought Jennings has been OK, I hope I'm wrong but I've given up on Cronk and I'd like to see a bit more of Gosie.

rabbitohs95

Bench

1 GI
2 AJ
3 Hunt
4 Gagai
5 Graham
6 Cody
7 AR
8 Sam
9 Cook
10 Tom
11 Fuimaono
12 Crichton
13 Murray

14 Gosiewski
15 Clark
16 Musgrove
17 George

I like the look of that team but I'd have it changed just a bit, just my opinion though, who knows what it'll look like.

Personally I think AJ did enough this season to prove he should have the fullback role. For me Hymel Hunt is still a bit of an anomaly with the amount of injuries he sustains, and he never was able to really build any form this year.

I'd have the backline as

1. AJ
2. Graham
3. GI
4. Gagai
5. Jennings
6. Walker
7. Reynolds

With an improving fullback, two dynamic centres helping out two young guns with speed on the edges I feel like that could be a really penetrative backline that will score plenty of points.

For the forward pack I like the look of

8. Tom
9. Cook
10. Musgrove
11. S Burgess
12. Crichton
13. Murray

With the bench as

14. Fuimaono
15. Sutton
16. Turner/Clark/Britt
17. G Burgess

I think Sam works best on the edge and Turner/Clark/Britt could come in solidly off the bench in the front row, and if need be Sam could move up front. Sutton and Tyrell would act as backrowers with utility and George would be pure impact.