What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Clifferd

Coach
Of the 2 crowds this week, the bigger concern looks to be Brisbane if it does only get 40-44k. They got 50k in week 2 in 2008 and 2009 against Storm and Dragons respectively. Does the fact it is against Penrith really make that big of a difference for their one and only home finals game?

Brisbane I think should get high 40s irrespective of the opponent. I really don't think manly is a bigger drawing opponent? Unless we're talking rivalvries? which manly/Brisbane isn't even big these days...maybe it's dce lol

That aside it's a sudden death semi

guyver78

Juniors
Brisbane will hit around the 40K mark, it wont be a sellout.
Parra against Nth Qld will be lucky to crack 25K.

I don't know what it is and you can make up a lot of different excuses but League just seems to lack something this year. It just appears that besides the die-hards, general neutral supporters have been turning away from the game this year.

T-Boon

Coach
I don't know what it is and you can make up a lot of different excuses but League just seems to lack something this year. It just appears that besides the die-hards, general neutral supporters have been turning away from the game this year.

Could it be that the clubs all play the same old boring football? Completion, structure, wrestle, decoy, ruck speed. Boring. The game needs a shake up.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Of the 2 crowds this week, the bigger concern looks to be Brisbane if it does only get 40-44k. They got 50k in week 2 in 2008 and 2009 against Storm and Dragons respectively. Does the fact it is against Penrith really make that big of a difference for their one and only home finals game?

Regular season is lowest since 2004
Week 1 is lowest since 2008

Why will you be surprised if week 2 follows the same pattern?

King hit

Coach
They should've played the finals at the suburban grounds. Much easier access for the majority of people attending them.

Perth Red

Post Whore
They should've played the finals at the suburban grounds. Much easier access for the majority of people attending them.

and got even less people. Genius! Its not hard to get tp ANZ or Allianz for a one off finals game. Pss poor excuse

King hit

Coach
and got even less people. Genius! Its not hard to get tp ANZ or Allianz for a one off finals game. Pss poor excuse

I would rather have a full house at Penrith or Cronulla then play in front of a half empty crowd at Allianz. Looks much better on TV, at the ground and is much better for the players. Sydney is a massive city and getting to the grounds is a nightmare from experience. It took me about an hour and a half to get from Bondi Junction to the Grand Final last year. Very difficult for travelling fans from Penrith/Cronulla/Manly who the majority of fans who went to the games are. Penrith is right out in the sticks and Cronulla is about an hour south of the Harbor Bridge. Almost 2 to 3 hours travelling for 80 minutes of football.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I would rather have a full house at Penrith or Cronulla then play in front of a half empty crowd at Allianz. Looks much better on TV, at the ground and is much better for the players. Sydney is a massive city and getting to the grounds is a nightmare from experience. It took me about an hour and a half to get from Bondi Junction to the Grand Final last year. Very difficult for travelling fans from Penrith/Cronulla/Manly who the majority of fans who went to the games are. Penrith is right out in the sticks and Cronulla is about an hour south of the Harbor Bridge. Almost 2 to 3 hours travelling for 80 minutes of football.

Watching a game at a ground , I won't use the term stadium, that looks like an amateur club would play in isn't a good look, no matter how many people are crammed in. Then throw in the chance of rain decimating the crowd and a self defeating prophecy of sub 20k attendances and you have all the reasons you need. Don't blame the evenue, it's the fans not turning up, it's not hard to reach allianz for a one off game.

Stallion

First Grade
Watching a game at a ground , I won't use the term stadium, that looks like an amateur club would play in isn't a good look, no matter how many people are crammed in. Then throw in the chance of rain decimating the crowd and a self defeating prophecy of sub 20k attendances and you have all the reasons you need. Don't blame the evenue, it's the fans not turning up, it's not hard to reach allianz for a one off game.

Its the neutrals that arnt turning up. Id say things like game play decision delays(bunker) are having an impact.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

Both of our finals in 2015 sold out. 2011 we had back to back 48k.

The main problem is how it is a Friday again and we are paying more than Sydney per ticket. We have four mid tier bays at $25 a ticket, roughly 1000seats.

Penrith is so meh, we needed manly to win.

mongoose

Coach
Could it be that the clubs all play the same old boring football? Completion, structure, wrestle, decoy, ruck speed. Boring. The game needs a shake up.

I actually think one factor is fans sick of seeing the same old clubs on top. Melbourne, Roosters and Broncos again. Melbourne have practically looked unbeatable this season and after 10 years of dominance its getting boring. I know the Sharks won last year but they were the most hateble team ever for neutrals.
Hopefully next year we see some surprises. Maybe the Eels can start an era, the panthers and raiders live up to their potential.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
I really hope that that the new Parra stadium will qualify for week one and two finals as a home ground for the Eels, Tigers and Panthers

It would make 25-30k crowds like the ones the Eels will get this week look fantastic and it would also ensure ANZ doesn't get used until at the earliest week three

adamkungl

Immortal
Crowds are disappointing for finals
I know, lets play them at shittier parks!

Rugby League Fans - if at first you don't succeed, lower your standards until you do

Latest posts