What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Bazal

Post Whore
I disagree.
I think it's possible to love and respect people but not agree with the things they do.

100% agreed.

But I also think that we don't have the right to say that they cannot do those things (with obvious exceptions....)

Gronk

Staff member
I disagree.
I think it's possible to love and respect people but not agree with the things they do.

OK I respect your position.

My position is that we are a country that believes in treating people equally.

Changing the law back to the way it was before (previous definition prior to 2004 was "two people") is the right thing to do.

I am yet to hear a compelling argument why this should not be the case.

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah agreed but I don't think Folau is doing that here.

Well by voting no he kinda is....but anyway, just my opinion. I don't understand how anyone would vote no because what business is it of theirs if two people of the same sex get a piece of paper marrying them in the eyes of the law?

Haynzy

First Grade
OK I respect your position.

My position is that we are a country that believes in treating people equally.

Changing the law back to the way it was before (previous definition prior to 2004 was "two people") is the right thing to do.

I am yet to hear a compelling argument why this should not be the case.

Careful mate, I didn't say I agreed with him.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Well by voting no he kinda is....but anyway, just my opinion. I don't understand how anyone would vote no because what business is it of theirs if two people of the same sex get a piece of paper marrying them in the eyes of the law?
Well........from what I've seen so far it's.....

Think of the children
Freedom of speech
My Skyman says it's bad.
slippery slope
Bestiality
Something about toasters.

I may have missed something, but hey, these are all valid arguments.

Bazal

Post Whore

Think of the children
Freedom of speech
My Skyman says it's bad.
slippery slope
Bestiality

You missed paedophilia. Although maybe you covered it with think of the children

Think of the children
Freedom of speech
My Skyman says it's bad.
slippery slope
Bestiality

You also missed "I'll be less married if these people are also allowed to be married"

Haynzy

First Grade

Yep I get that.
I know people who will be voting no on a principle that they hold, not necessarily a religious principle either. The fact that they are sticking by their principles doesn't mean that they can't love or support others with different ideas. I think that this is something that has been missing in much of the debate and it's a pity.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Think of the children
Freedom of speech
My Skyman says it's bad.
slippery slope
Bestiality

How about the same argument put forward by those supporting any secular moral position?

"It's-just-wrong."

No it's not my position, but I certainly think it's as valid as any other supposedly self-evident truth.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yep I get that.
I know people who will be voting no on a principle that they hold, not necessarily a religious principle either. The fact that they are sticking by their principles doesn't mean that they can't love or support others with different ideas. I think that this is something that has been missing in much of the debate and it's a pity.
Yep. It's all you-believe-in-an-imaginary-friend-in-the-sky inflammatory bullshit, which completely overlooks the fact that even people with imaginary friends in the sky pick and choose what their imaginary friend finds important. It's very f**king clear that opposition to alternative sexualities (and their legitimisation through marriage) predates religion.

Latest posts