What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toronto Wolfpack in League 1

Let go. There was only ever four from Last Tackle plus Burroughs. Chad Bain and Nathan Campbell never played a game, although I think they were farmed out to amateur sides while the squad was in England and I think Bain has since played for one of the Ontario clubs. Eichner played one game a few weeks ago but has since left. Ngawati is the only one from the tv show left and is obviously going to stay. Burroughs has had a few games on the wing but isn't first choice. The other American born bloke Veve has never been mentioned so he's obviously gone too. Seeing as they've continued to sign players like Bailey, Brierley, McCrone and supposedly Faifai Loa they've probably been showing the door to others.

deluded pom?

Coach
The Championship won't be the place to use several untried players so next season will be all about proven players, with the exception of Ngati, who can, hopefully, take them to SL.

adamkungl

Immortal
Ha!
About time, they were getting a bit too cocky I think. At least they didn't choke in a decider like Toulouse.

deluded pom?

Coach
Ha!
About time, they were getting a bit too cocky I think. At least they didn't choke in a decider like Toulouse.
They tried to bully York but the ref wasn't having any of it. The choir boy look on their faces after indiscretions was laughable. This will now help TWP to refocus on their mission IMO. Or at least it should do.

Pommy

Coach
7522 today for their game against Newcastle. Its nice to see they have managed to keep the crowds up I was worried they would begin to drop during the season.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Not bad, they'll bring a lot to the British/European game if the people over there let them. I just hope they do. And on that part, I'm not convinced, not even close sadly.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
My hope is the RFL can pull off some sponsorship which will show the other clubs why this is a good thing.thats going to be the key I think.

Yes, this and the SL being able to sell TV rights in North America for some decent $$$ would be a huge way to open some closed minds.

grouch

First Grade
Anyway... they did it! Congrats to the Wolfpack

Also.. they've signed Ashton Sims for next season. Great pick up

adamkungl

Immortal
I'd say it's a given they'll feature in next years Middle 8s. Whether they can beat Super League teams is a different story.

Stallion

First Grade
I'd say it's a given they'll feature in next years Middle 8s. Whether they can beat Super League teams is a different story.

Hope so. This development is a breath of fresh air compared to what is happening on many fronts to this great code in Australia. Go and strength to the wolfpack and north American rugby league everywhere!

NRL duo Dave Taylor and Josh McCrone and former St George Illawarra, Brisbane and North Queensland forward Ashton Sims have been unveiled as the latest signings for ambitious Toronto Wolfpack.

The Canadian club, fresh from clinching promotion from League 1, have confirmed the signing of Warrington’s Fijian Test prop Sims and followed up their earlier recruitment of Widnes centre Tom Armstrong with further eye-catching additions as they prepare for the step up to the Championship.

GAME CHANGERS: How the Toronto Wolfpack are making history
Dave Taylor is headed to Toronto.
The capture of former Queensland and Australia forward Taylor, known as the ‘Coal Train’, in particular is a statement of intent as Toronto set their sights on promotion to Super League for the 2019 season.

The 29-year-old was in Super League last year with Catalans Dragons before being released and has spent this season kickstarting his career with Canberra in the NRL, where he previously played for Brisbane and South Sydney.

fe5c2d01a10ec8b208d2ebea99d88005

Josh McCrone.
a9230ee551268d3692a06a9ad5afc143

Ashton Sims playing for Warrington Wolves.
“I’m excited about the challenge of joining the Wolfpack,” said Taylor, who made eight State of Origin appearances for Queensland and made his debut for the Kangaroos in 2012.
“There’s clearly some crazy good things happening with rugby league in Toronto and I can’t wait to get there. I’m pretty sure they’ll like my style of play and hopefully it will excite Canada.”

465682901ff58ff505eedb9b589c2f09

Toronto Wolfpack captain Craig Hall hoists the trophy as the first-year rugby league team celebrates winning the Kingstone Press League 1 title and promotion to the English Championship.
McCrone, 30, has made more than 150 NRL appearances since making his debut for Canberra in 2009.

“I’m looking forward to the opportunity to be part of the first transatlantic pro sports team and our journey to the Super League,” he said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/3b13d76ab8271afa0a091078ab5cfa0d