What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

super_coach

First Grade
Suli is not on $450k a year, he is on 300k a year (1.2 million for 4 years). I would take JAC over Suli any day of the week though

Comparing JAC and Suli is like comparing apples and oranges. Both completely different styles of players. One has amazing speed and one has amazing power. I would like to have both, but if forced to make a choice I would take either of them for completely different reasons.

Don't forget for the last 6 months we have seen JAC on the back of the best club side running around for some time that love playing a expansive game, on the other hand we Suli playing in a side that was firing on one cylinder and going backwards. I still think Suli reminds me a little of a young Izzy

Clifferd

Coach
As good as JAC is going atm I wouldn't take him back over Suli. Wing is the least of our worries atm so the last thing we should do is swap our best centre prospect for him (considering we haven't had a decent centre in years)

Centres are also a lot harder to come by and the fact I'm pretty content with our Nofo/Fonua wing combo next year

RazorRam0n

Juniors

Vic Mackey

Referee
As good as JAC is going atm I wouldn't take him back over Suli. Wing is the least of our worries atm so the last thing we should do is swap our best centre prospect for him (considering we haven't had a decent centre in years)

Centres are also a lot harder to come by and the fact I'm pretty content with our Nofo/Fonua wing combo next year

The best part about Suli:

Born in Fairfield, New South Wales, Suli is of Tongan descent and played his junior rugby league for Fairfield United. He was then signed by the Wests Tigers. Suli later said, "I got axed by Parra in Harold Matthews when I was 16. They actually wanted me back but I just didn’t want to go back. I just said I wasn’t interested. I was going good at the Tigers and I just wanted to stay here'

Tiger Ted

Bench
The best part about Suli:

Born in Fairfield, New South Wales, Suli is of Tongan descent and played his junior rugby league for Fairfield United. He was then signed by the Wests Tigers. Suli later said, "I got axed by Parra in Harold Matthews when I was 16. They actually wanted me back but I just didn’t want to go back. I just said I wasn’t interested. I was going good at the Tigers and I just wanted to stay here'
The lowlife wanka moses could learn a heck of a lot about gratitude & perspective from Suli!

Suli's centre partner Marsters displayed similar appreciation to the club when he resigned with us instead of 1 of the many predatory clubs that were vying for his signature.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I guess time will tell, but I thought he was a great purchase and perhaps led the way for others to come.

I've always been a huge fan of Reynolds. People can look at stats all they want but the energy and competitiveness he brings to every game is unbelievable.

Queenslanders pick their origin team based on players who will put their hands over a fire and not let go until they win. NSW once picked a player like this and we won the series...

Despite him and Hook not getting along there's still a reasonable chance he'll stay.

If he does go, the Sharks will move heaven and Earth to get him.

simmo05

Bench
4 yrs @ 750k/yr for Reynolds is going to b a monumental blunder.I just don't get y IC offered him such a generous contract.There was no necessity to b so eager to sign Reynolds and to blow the dogs offer out of the water for an unexceptional 5/8 beggars belief !
Moses was about to get over 800k. Reynolds is a better person, player, and team mate than that sniveling little merkin. He will be an asset for the club and I cant wait to see him run out in 18

Vic Mackey

Referee
I've always been a huge fan of Reynolds. People can look at stats all they want but the energy and competitiveness he brings to every game is unbelievable.

Queenslanders pick their origin team based on players who will put their hands over a fire and not let go until they win. NSW once picked a player like this and we won the series...

Agree

I think the main reason for the Reynolds signing was to change the attitude of the club. Look at the main guys we bought. Reynolds, Packer, Matulino and McQueen. None are superstars but all are tough, hard nosed experienced professionals who won't take a backward step.

These are the types of players our club has ALWAYS lacked. Apart from Gareth Ellis our team has always been soft when the going gets tough. It's been the club culture. No more.

As much of a gun play maker Moylan is to me he would be more of the same. Reynolds will be a good fit for Brooks and for our club as a whole.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
We’ve said a few times now that there are a couple of seats left on the bus for 2018 and that we’re in no rush to fill them. It’s clear that there is still plenty of player movement to happen between now and the start of the 2018 season and we’re happy to bide our time and make the right move at the right time.

From Sept 15th Justin Pascoe email to members.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Moses was about to get over 800k. Reynolds is a better person, player, and team mate than that sniveling little merkin. He will be an asset for the club and I cant wait to see him run out in 18
it doesn't take much to b a better person or team mate than the insidious conceited flea Moses(geez I hope the cows knock parra out).My dispute re Reynolds who has a no. of fine traits is that at his age it would've been wiser to sign him on a shorter term contract (preferably 2 yrs).Considering the money we offered him Ive no doubt he wouldn't have been deterred from signing for 2 or 3 yrs.Albeit he will b an asset for us particularly in a backline with much youth & inexperience.

Latest posts