What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any news on our new sponsor?

Gronk

Staff member
We don't deserve a major sponsor.

It's so disappointing to me that we can't as a club move on from the mistakes of the past and give ourselves a fresh start, for the good of the club, but instead Spags and Fitzy refuse to give up their quest for power and control, without a care about the damage they are doing to the club in the process.

They wouldn't put up with this shit in Russia.

maxresdefault.jpg

Stevie

Bench
The whole Spags and Fitzy situation reminds me so much of my ex girlfriend.

I mean, you know its bad for you and have all the reason and proof to understand that, everyone hates them (her) but there is something exotic and exciting that sees you let them back in from time to time, even though ultimately you know it'll end in tears. This can all happen whilst you have something better going on (current Mrs / Donnelly).

P.S Ex, if you're reading this I Hate You! (please call me).

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
We don't deserve a major sponsor.

It's so disappointing to me that we can't as a club move on from the mistakes of the past and give ourselves a fresh start, for the good of the club, but instead Spags and Fitzy refuse to give up their quest for power and control, without a care about the damage they are doing to the club in the process.

They don't care about the club, they only care about themselves and being in power.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They surely believe them being involved is what's best for the club. It's easy for them to point at the other mob and say that was the problem all along. Confirmation bias at work. They're not the only ones either.

ash411

Bench
They surely believe them being involved is what's best for the club. It's easy for them to point at the other mob and say that was the problem all along. Confirmation bias at work. They're not the only ones either.
Close Pou, but no choccies.

They believe them being in power is what's best for themselves, they don't care about what's best for the club. If they did, they would acknowledge that the past needs to be wiped clean and we need to start fresh.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Thinking something is best for ourselves leads naturally to believing it is also best for others. Look at progressivism - it claims to be about what's best for everyone else but at its core it is pure selfishness.

Niemöller summed it up perfectly: "...Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me." If something is best for an individual he will find it very hard to see why it would be detrimental to anyone else. Fitzgerald and co know for a fact that they are the best people for the club. Like the shitty parent who doesn't understand that their kids would be better off without them.

If you think these idiots don't care about the club you don't understand people.

ash411

Bench
Thinking something is best for ourselves leads naturally to believing it is also best for others. Look at progressivism - it claims to be about what's best for everyone else but at its core it is pure selfishness.

Niemöller summed it up perfectly: "...Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me." If something is best for an individual he will find it very hard to see why it would be detrimental to anyone else. Fitzgerald and co know for a fact that they are the best people for the club. Like the shitty parent who doesn't understand that their kids would be better off without them.

If you think these idiots don't care about the club you don't understand people.
Ok
A) I don't want to argue with you, because it's ultimately a waste of time. and
B) You misunderstand what I mean, I'm sure in their own twisted minds they think they are doing what's right for the club, but they don't care about what those actions are actually doing to the club, they don't care about the damage they are causing, hence, from the outside perspective the don't actually care about the club as it exists.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ok
B) You misunderstand what I mean, I'm sure in their own twisted minds they think they are doing what's right for the club, but they don't care about what those actions are actually doing to the club, they don't care about the damage they are causing, hence, from the outside perspective the don't actually care about the club as it exists.
Mate I am certain 'they' believe all the damage is being done by 'the other mob' opposing them. And I'm not certain I can say they're wrong. As I see it the majority, if not the totality, of damage has been done by a succession of vindictive oppositions. Of course that includes the people we are talking about, but remember this is about the Leagues Club, and it is doing just fine, even after suffering some big losses in recent years trying to buy success for the NRL team.

strider

Post Whore
Ok
C) You forgot about A

is it possible that corporates are hanging off sponsoring the eels until the new stadium is built?
we are a top 4 team playing for a prelim final appearance heck i'd sponsor us if i had the money