What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Fletcher was the one quoting Moylan originally when all hell broke lose and I think he went a little too far with his words. A week out from the finals true or not I don't think it was professional. Behind the scenes Gould was the one calming the situation after the story came out.

Fletcher may speak but it doesn't mean we take every word of his as gospel. Earlier this year after a few solid games for Mitch Rein (our 3 choice hooker). Out comes Fletcher (being quoted) wanting to extend Rein's contract despite him being under contract for 2018. The extension never happened and now the club is shopping him around. Thats not a good look.

Gus doesn't want to be CEO. He doesn't have the time to do it all thats why Corey Payne didn't last long. He stuffed up, more than once. Despite his occasional media gaffs Fletcher is a safe pair of hands unlike Corey Payne.

If you want to hear about player retention and re-signings for Penrith you listen to Gould. He is the one that stepped in to handle the negotiations for Mansour, encouraging him twice to stay loyal and take less. Gould is the one spearheading Cleary's next contract, off course Fletcher is involved in it. But I trust Gould's words more than Fletcher's

a ceo only gets involved in football related matters when it impacts the club, your example of rein would have been purely football related. fletcher not only spoke immediately when the moylan news broke, he continues to speak on it as it progresses, it is clearly a club related matter.

fletcher IS a safe pair of hands because he was your chairman taking over payne's role to steady the ship, he's more of an institution to the panthers organisation as a whole than gus is

Tronald Crump

Juniors
a ceo only gets involved in football related matters when it impacts the club, your example of rein would have been purely football related. fletcher not only spoke immediately when the moylan news broke, he continues to speak on it as it progresses, it is clearly a club related matter.

fletcher IS a safe pair of hands because he was your chairman taking over payne's role to steady the ship, he's more of an institution to the panthers organisation as a whole than gus is

Fair points.

Yeah and if you believe the rumours Manly are shedding Green and Hastings to accommodate Moylans' 800k asking price.
Lol if the cap fits.

I'm happy to lay the boot into Manly... No worries.

However I think you'll find that they paid Matai and B Stewart to sit on the sidelines all of last year and so now those two guys come off the cap as well.

Plus cap increase for this year.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Another great signing from the super coach.

If there's one thing Adam Blair understands....It's the Process.

1454782529070.jpg

Fletcher went from chairman to CEO of the licenced club, not the football club. Took on football as well after the Corey Payne fiasco. When he became lic club CEO he even admitted himself that we need a football CEO.

No way is fletcher more of an institution at the panthers tha Gould. Fletcher only joined the board in 2010. Gould has 14 years at the panthers as a player, coach & administrator. Gould definitely makes the big football calls behind the scenes, not fletcher.

Trbojevic x 2, DCE, Walker, Tapau etc etc. Good luck with that.

So there is an equation being proposed to you. Its one that is extremely transparent & extremely simple, no matter what team you follow.

Care to dispel the current belief that you cannot set aside your hatred for one particular team to show you can follow just one simple cap mathematics principle ?

justdave

Juniors
So there is an equation being proposed to you. Its one that is extremely transparent & extremely simple, no matter what team you follow.

Care to dispel the current belief that you cannot set aside your hatred for one particular team to show you can follow just one simple cap mathematics principle ?
I doubt it. Following one simple mathematical principle actual involves knowing anything about simple maths

Panther Mick

Juniors
I'm happy to lay the boot into Manly... No worries.

However I think you'll find that they paid Matai and B Stewart to sit on the sidelines all of last year and so now those two guys come off the cap as well.

Plus cap increase for this year.

Fair enough. I had forgotten those 2.

Manly did extend the Trbojevic bros end of last year on reported heavily back end deals. But that might bite them later on instead of next year.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...l/news-story/158ded48193b1b57be9f1d32bf40ee5b

davi

Juniors
It fairs a offer, I really hope Taylor doesn't run the Titans around like Woods, Tedesco, and Moses did at the Tigers. If players want to play at your club and put on the jersey they will sign if they get a offer that's fair market value.

Dylan Napa is classic example at the Roosters. Broncos were reportedly interested but there was no holding out, no looking to get leverage, he signed and avoided all the crap and speculation that brings instability to the club.

"The Gold Coast Titans have offered Ash Taylor a multi year deal worth over $1 million dollars per season as the club desperately attempts to lock him down."

Spot On

Coach
Over a million a year will not be enough for the Tits to secure Taylor. See Canberra offer to Milford f**king eons ago.

davi

Juniors
Over a million a year will not be enough for the Tits to secure Taylor. See Canberra offer to Milford f**king eons ago.

If it's not then Titans shouldn't go any further. What have they won with Taylor there except they are paying for the enormous upside that he has.

A lot of people love to drag out the Ben Hunt figure, but the Dragons insist that it's not in the realms of the 1.2 million per year that is reported.

http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/n...ncos-jack-bird-nrl/1g6cl4wceecv41inp5c6w8731r

Spot On

Coach
Lol.

Drags must have a shitload of $$$ tied up in that all star backline they have to be near the 9.2 million cap then.

I think the Hunt $$$ are close to fact just as most player salaries are.

Last edited: